Necro overhaul - suggestion/

Nimon.7840

Well I was lately having fun, trying to rework some necro things.

Some things might not even be that big of a change, some might be broken, let me know, what you think:

signet of undeath increased radius to 240

faster cast animation for dagger 5 (1/2s instead of 3/4s)

remove some aftercast of dagger 1 chain

rework focus 4: if this hits, grant allies around the target fury (3seconds). works just like guardian focus 4. but does less damage, applies vulnerability instead, and grants you lifeforce (8%) (no projectile anymore) 15seconds cooldown. decreased range to 1000

warhorn: effect duration of both skills increased by 20%, recharge reduced by 10%

rework staff and the attached trait: goal is to make staff more fun and useful to play, while removing some of the aoe spam in wvw.

staff 1: stays as it is, but is 100% projectile finisher.

staff 2: inscribe a sign (combofield water, or dark) that pulses regeneration (2seconds duration) for 3 seconds (1pulse per second) and healing allies for a small amount (base healing 100, 0.2 healing power scaling). grants lifeforce for every ally affected (1,2% lifeforce per target) (10 seconds cooldown) maximum:5 targets

staff 3: stays the same, but the sign will now disappear after 5 seconds.

staff 4: give yourself resistance (1,5seconds). transfer 1 condtition from up to 5 allies to you, after 1 second, send them to your target, if you dont have conditions, after this one second, loose resistance and deliver an aoe attack around your target.

staff 5: stays the same, but disappears after 8 seconds.

soul marks gets replaced by: gain 1 stack of soulmarks if you heal someone. soulmark: gain 10 ferocity and 10 condition damage for 5 seconds, after healing an ally (regeneration and direct healing). maximum stacks: 5

deathmagic gets reworked:

1st minor: gain 180 thoughness for 10seconds, when entering or exiting shroud.

- minion trait stays the same.

- loose 1 condition every 2 seconds while in shroud

- take 10% reduced damage from enemies beyond the range threshhold (450 range)

- soul comprehension's current effect is removed. new effect: after getting cc'd (stunned) gain 1second of aegis (25seconds icd)

- no change

- no change

- this trait is now also affected by armored shroud and corrupters fervor

- whenever you leave shroud, you and your allies (minions as well as players) gain 3seconds of protection. up to 5 targets

- no change

- no change

- healpower modifier increased by 0.05

bloodmagic:

- mark of evasion is removed, gets replaced by: unholy trade: deliver a strike around you (240radius) when you dodge (8seconds icd). same stats as mark of evasion, just wanna remove the necessity of an enemy stepping into the sign.

- no change

- gain 25% increased movement speed, when an enemy with less hp% is near you (600radius)

- no change

- last rites moved here. last rites does only give healing power. last rites buff that prevented loosing downstate health is removed

- increase healing modifier by 0,1

- outgoing healing is increased by 0.5% for every 400points of condition damage or power you have /or/ increase healing power by 2% of your power and condition damage.

- change to 10 allies in pve only. as well as +5life siphon damage and healing

- moved. new trait: share 5% of the healing you apply to yourself with 5 allies around you.

- apply protection around the necromancer, and not to people standing in the well, when casting the well

- no change

- no change

scourge:

- no change

- no change

- no change

- no change

- no change

- changed to: barrier that you apply to allies heals them for 10% of the remaining barrier amount, when the barrier expires

- no change

- no change

- no change

- only 70 increased radius

- no change

- corrupting a boon shares the boon with up to 5 allies around you. might, swiftness, fury, regeneration 4seconds; aegis, stability, vigor, retaliation 2 seconds, other boons 1 second duration

curses:

- no change

- no change

- no change

- blinding an enemy also applies chill, chilling an enemy also applies blind (5 seconds icd)

- every fifth non-damaging condition you apply, also applies 1stack of bleeding (8seconds duration)

- no change

- no change

- heal yourself for 5 % of your condition damage

- no change

- no change

- fear does damage, reduced cool down of skills that apply fear by 20%

-no change

spite:

- no change

- no change

- no change

- no change

- deal 5% more damage to targets with breakbars and downstate targets

- no change

- no change

- applying fear to an enemy will make it vulnerable to your attacks. this inflicts 10stacks vulnerability and places an additional debuff onto the enemy, which will make it take 25% more damage for 3seconds.

- no change

- slightly improve the effect of signet of vampirism (passive)

plague signet now gives 10% reduced damage from conditions as new improved passive

signet of locust now gives 33% increased movement speed as new improved passive, as well as 100healing power

- no change

- no change

reaper:

-no change

- no change

- revert last patch, can crit again

- no change

- no change

- no change

- no change

- no change

-deal 10% more damage to movement impaired enemies (slow,cripple,chill)

- no change

- after getting cc'd, stunbreak and apply 3seconds of resistance to yourself (80seconds cd)

- no change

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> Well I was lately having fun, trying to rework some necro things.

> Some things might not even be that big of a change, some might be broken, let me know, what you think:

>

> signet of undeath increased radius to 240

>

> faster cast animation for dagger 5 (1/2s instead of 3/4s)

> remove some aftercast of dagger 1 chain

>

> rework focus 4: if this hits, grant allies around the target fury (3seconds). works just like guardian focus 4. but does less damage, applies vulnerability instead, and grants you lifeforce (8%) (no projectile anymore) 15seconds cooldown. decreased range to 1000

**Eugh.... Bad number. 900!** I don't think copying the idea of what Guardian has is the right choice. Maybe something a little more sustain like Protection or something.

>

> warhorn: effect duration of both skills increased by 20%, recharge reduced by 10%

Doesn't feel necessary. It's fine already as it is. People seem to think that Warhorn needs changes; I think it's fine. The trait basically increases it by 50%; meaning almost permanent Swiftness.

>

>

> rework staff and the attached trait: goal is to make staff more fun and useful to play, while removing some of the aoe spam in wvw.

>

> staff 1: stays as it is, but is 100% projectile finisher.

> staff 2: inscribe a sign (combofield water, or dark) that pulses regeneration (2seconds duration) for 3 seconds (1pulse per second) and healing allies for a small amount (base healing 100, 0.2 healing power scaling). grants lifeforce for every ally affected (1,2% lifeforce per target) (10 seconds cooldown) maximum:5 targets

> staff 3: stays the same, but the sign will now disappear after 5 seconds.

> staff 4: give yourself resistance (1,5seconds). transfer 1 condtition from up to 5 allies to you, after 1 second, send them to your target, if you dont have conditions, after this one second, loose resistance and deliver an aoe attack around your target.

> staff 5: stays the same, but disappears after 8 seconds.

I think Staff should stay marks personally. Staff is a utility weapon; although I'd like to more marks on other weapons. Necromancer doesn't have too many marks outside of Staff. You could argue that Necromancer's unique skill type is the fact they have Shroud, but I think Marks could be Necromancer's little fancy niche weapon ability.

>

> soul marks gets replaced by: gain 1 stack of soulmarks if you heal someone. soulmark: gain 10 ferocity and 10 condition damage for 5 seconds, after healing an ally (regeneration and direct healing). maximum stacks: 5

That's a little awkward; doesn't really seem to fit the theme of Soul Reaping- plus gaining Ferocity and Condition Damage? That's another weird combo. Maybe Power/Ferocity, but something like when damaging enemies-- but then again, you made Staff a bit supportive. I guess just go with Power/Ferocity.

>

> deathmagic gets reworked:

> 1st minor: gain 180 thoughness for 10seconds, when entering or exiting shroud.

Gain a 5% Damage Reduction when entering or leaving shroud.

>

> - minion trait stays the same.

> - loose 1 condition every 2 seconds while in shroud

3 seconds is fine.

> - take 10% reduced damage from enemies beyond the range threshhold (450 range)

Counterproductive for Reaper.

>

> - soul comprehension's current effect is removed. new effect: after getting cc'd (stunned) gain 1second of aegis (25seconds icd)

Aegis doesn't make sense for a Necromancer. As it is, we already have a trait that sustains us ~~a little bit~~ when we get CC'd. Plus it reduces incoming Condition Damage while under Protection.

>

> - no change

> - no change

> - this trait is now also affected by armored shroud and corrupters fervor

Funny enough, I'd rather have it be something else aside from just a Toughness -> Power Conversion; something with a damage mod of some sort though.

>

> - whenever you leave shroud, you and your allies (minions as well as players) gain 3seconds of protection. up to 5 targets

I'd rather just make it players; add a trait somewhere where Minions gain boons you gain.

>

> - no change

> - no change

> - healpower modifier increased by 0.05

>

> bloodmagic:

> - mark of evasion is removed, gets replaced by: unholy trade: deliver a strike around you (240radius) when you dodge (8seconds icd). same stats as mark of evasion, just wanna remove the necessity of an enemy stepping into the sign.

Again, assuming you're going for the whole Supportive Staff thing, I'd say just make this flat-heal allies instead of damaging. Plus grant Regeneration. ~~Really low scaling but high base healing.~~

>

> - no change

> - gain 25% increased movement speed, when an enemy with less hp% is near you (600radius)

I think the current version is perfectly fine.

> - no change

>

> - last rites moved here. last rites does only give healing power. last rites buff that prevented loosing downstate health is removed

Wait, I'd rather have it prevent loss of downstate health ~~although I think it should be nerfed in PvP/WvW as a 50% reduction instead of absolute immunity.~~

>

> - increase healing modifier by 0,1

Eh, keep it the same. No need to change it.

> - outgoing healing is increased by 0.5% for every 400points of condition damage or power you have /or/ increase healing power by 2% of your power and condition damage.

Really clunky idea- I mean, if it can work. It'll work, but I don't think it fits the theme of Necromancer or Blood Magic.

> - change to 10 allies in pve only. as well as +5life siphon damage and healing

That'd be nice.

>

> - moved. new trait: share 5% of the healing you apply to yourself with 5 allies around you.

Counterproductive while in Shroud. 0 * 0.05 = 0.

>

> - apply protection around the necromancer, and not to people standing in the well, when casting the well

I think it granting Protection while in the well is fine; add another boon or something. Maybe Vigor.

> - no change

> - no change

>

> scourge:

> - no change

>

> - no change

> - no change

> - no change

>

> - no change

>

> - changed to: barrier that you apply to allies heals them for 10% of the remaining barrier amount, when the barrier expires

Could be cool, but sounds hard to implement.

> - no change

> - no change

>

> - no change

>

> - only 70 increased radius

Not sure.

> - no change

> - corrupting a boon shares the boon with up to 5 allies around you. might, swiftness, fury, regeneration 4seconds; aegis, stability, vigor, retaliation 2 seconds, other boons 1 second duration

No, no, no! Keep it the same! If anything, move it to Curses in place of Parasitic Contagion and move Parasitic Contagion here!

>

> curses:

> - no change

>

> - no change

> - no change

> - blinding an enemy also applies chill, chilling an enemy also applies blind (5 seconds icd)

I'm assuming this'll work in the sense of: Whatever happens first?

>

> - every fifth non-damaging condition you apply, also applies 1stack of bleeding (8seconds duration)

That doesn't sound strong enough to bother using. I'd say, actually, making it so whenever you apply a damaging condition, have the potential to inflict an additional stack of the inflicted condition.

>

> - no change

> - no change

> - heal yourself for 5 % of your condition damage

See what I said about Scourge above.

>

> - no change

>

> - no change

> - fear does damage, reduced cool down of skills that apply fear by 20%

Fear now breaks target- deals the same amount of damage.

> -no change

>

> spite:

> - no change

>

> - no change

> - no change

> - no change

>

> - deal 5% more damage to targets with breakbars and downstate targets

Doesn't sound necessary- I tihnk it's fine as is.

>

> - no change

> - no change

> - applying fear to an enemy will make it vulnerable to your attacks. this inflicts 10stacks vulnerability and places an additional debuff onto the enemy, which will make it take 25% more damage for 3seconds.

Weird idea, but a bad idea to add a unique effect that hurts enemies.

>

> - no change

>

> - slightly improve the effect of signet of vampirism (passive)

> plague signet now gives 10% reduced damage from conditions as new improved passive

Let it continue to suck conditions off of allies, but gain life force whenever you do so.

> signet of locust now gives 33% increased movement speed as new improved passive, as well as 100healing power

25% and have it heal allies for a percentage of the health you gain on activation.

> - no change

> - no change

>

> reaper:

> -no change

>

> - no change

> - revert last patch, can crit again

> - no change

>

> - no change

>

> - no change

> - no change

> - no change

>

> -deal 10% more damage to movement impaired enemies (slow,cripple,chill)

>

> - no change

> - after getting cc'd, stunbreak and apply 3seconds of resistance to yourself (80seconds cd)

Chill now inflicts Slow; ICD of 3 seconds; inflicts Slow for 2 seconds. That'd be kind of nice in my opinion. Trade of being a slaughterer for slowing down targets for allies to be able to sustain more again; the ICD is per target.

> - no change

>

>

>

>

>

>

I think your changes are cool, I do. But I don't think many of them fit Necromancer currently!