Metallurgy Questions About Spears

> @"madmetallurgist.3419" said:

> 1. As all the spears are being cast rather than forged, shouldn't it be Glint's Foundry rather than Glint's Forge?

It is called the Forge since it is where the first Dragonspear was actually forged. They kept the name for this very reason.

> 2. Are the spears being cast rather than forged because they are made to be intentionally hard but brittle such that they will shatter on impact? Or necessitated by the volume of production required?

They need to equip a lot of soldiers with only having little time and resources. If it's really up to me, I would pool all resources to forge one Dragonkiller spear. But, alas, we have a bunch of boy-scouts instead of weapon-masters. I wouldn't care if villagers are being attacked or half of the world is getting obliterated, we only got one chance to end Kral and I'll make sure the job gets done right. This episode is a half-fast job done by people who know nothing of war preparations.

Like most Fantasy Weapons, it's nessecitated by the writers not knowing or caring anything about how real world weapons are made.

I understand the annoyance; I'm a hobbyist blacksmith myself. But there are far worse divergences from reality to worry about. Like, you know, dragons existing and stuff.

> @"Rhyse.8179" said:

> Like most Fantasy Weapons, it's nessecitated by the writers not knowing or caring anything about how real world weapons are made.

>

> I understand the annoyance; I'm a hobbyist blacksmith myself. But there are far worse divergences from reality to worry about. Like, you know, dragons existing and stuff.

Definitely not a chance of that, the devs are just 10 steps ahead of us. Maybe they use castings so the spears will be porous as hell so the majiks can be stored in the pores.