Absolute best way to "balance" Mesmer

Swagger.1459

I know, I know, every profession needs improvement, including Mesmer, but I feel Mesmer is in a more decent spot. Some can complain OP and stuff, but the true problems are the tons of things related to all professions that need buffs and improvements... However, this is exactly what the Mesmer needs at the moment...

Mesmer "pets" need to be clearly identifiable in combat, just like every other pet in the game. Here is an example idea from a game that had very clear skill effects, visual tells and identifiers between player and pet.

Edit- And the video shows a City of Heroes https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Controller using the https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Illusion_Control powerset that summons https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Illusion_Control#Phantom_Army and https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Illusion_Control#Phantasm

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> I know, I know, every profession needs improvement, including Mesmer, but I feel Mesmer is in a more decent spot. Some can complain OP and stuff, but the true problems are the tons of things related to all professions that need buffs and improvements... However, this is exactly what the Mesmer needs at the moment...

>

> Mesmer "pets" need to be clearly identifiable in combat, just like every other pet in the game. Here is an example idea from a game that had very clear skill effects, visual tells and identifiers between player and pet.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

So what you're proposing is to make the mesmer a pet class.

You wan't to change the core theme of mesmer for what?

I'm almost 100% sure that clone's look isn't even close to be an issue in this game. What's an issue however is the "stacking" effects that come with the clones, making mesmer's condition damage bursty instead of steady. Reducing the ability to stack damaging conditions fast is the way to balance the current mesmer. (Obviously there is a need to make those conditions stay longer in return to balance the ramp up... In essence the mesmer need what have been done to other professions to be done to them as well.)

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> I'm almost 100% sure that clone's look isn't even close to be an issue in this game. What's an issue however is the "stacking" effects that come with the clones, making mesmer's condition damage bursty instead of steady. Reducing the ability to stack damaging conditions fast is the way to balance the current mesmer. (Obviously there is a need to make those conditions stay longer in return to balance the ramp up... In essence the mesmer need what have been done to other professions to be done to them as well.)

Something a lot of us have been pointing out since Condi-mirage became a thing.

Unfortunately people seem to think clones are a problem (its been 6 years you would think people would learn how to identify the mesmer by now) and in A-net fashion, instead of attacking the problem they will most likely change something that effects EVERY OTHER BUILD except the one that's the problem.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > I'm almost 100% sure that clone's look isn't even close to be an issue in this game. What's an issue however is the "stacking" effects that come with the clones, making mesmer's condition damage bursty instead of steady. Reducing the ability to stack damaging conditions fast is the way to balance the current mesmer. (Obviously there is a need to make those conditions stay longer in return to balance the ramp up... In essence the mesmer need what have been done to other professions to be done to them as well.)

>

> Something a lot of us have been pointing out since Condi-mirage became a thing.

> Unfortunately people seem to think clones are a problem (its been 6 years you would think people would learn how to identify the mesmer by now) and in A-net fashion, instead of attacking the problem they will most likely change something that effects EVERY OTHER BUILD except the one that's the problem.

Target break wasn't a thing 6 years ago ... neither ambush skills on clones ... just saying.

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > I'm almost 100% sure that clone's look isn't even close to be an issue in this game. What's an issue however is the "stacking" effects that come with the clones, making mesmer's condition damage bursty instead of steady. Reducing the ability to stack damaging conditions fast is the way to balance the current mesmer. (Obviously there is a need to make those conditions stay longer in return to balance the ramp up... In essence the mesmer need what have been done to other professions to be done to them as well.)

> >

> > Something a lot of us have been pointing out since Condi-mirage became a thing.

> > Unfortunately people seem to think clones are a problem (its been 6 years you would think people would learn how to identify the mesmer by now) and in A-net fashion, instead of attacking the problem they will most likely change something that effects EVERY OTHER BUILD except the one that's the problem.

>

> Target break wasn't a thing 6 years ago ... just saying.

No, target breaking is new, and the only other mechanic that is similiar is stealth..

Mesmer has had stealth since day 1.

So logically, you could apply the same way you found the mesmer from day 1 to now.

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > I'm almost 100% sure that clone's look isn't even close to be an issue in this game. What's an issue however is the "stacking" effects that come with the clones, making mesmer's condition damage bursty instead of steady. Reducing the ability to stack damaging conditions fast is the way to balance the current mesmer. (Obviously there is a need to make those conditions stay longer in return to balance the ramp up... In essence the mesmer need what have been done to other professions to be done to them as well.)

> >

> > Something a lot of us have been pointing out since Condi-mirage became a thing.

> > Unfortunately people seem to think clones are a problem (its been 6 years you would think people would learn how to identify the mesmer by now) and in A-net fashion, instead of attacking the problem they will most likely change something that effects EVERY OTHER BUILD except the one that's the problem.

>

> Target break wasn't a thing 6 years ago ... neither ambush skills on clones ... just saying.

It was a thing, you'd just use decoy and invisibility skill more actively than now.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > I'm almost 100% sure that clone's look isn't even close to be an issue in this game. What's an issue however is the "stacking" effects that come with the clones, making mesmer's condition damage bursty instead of steady. Reducing the ability to stack damaging conditions fast is the way to balance the current mesmer. (Obviously there is a need to make those conditions stay longer in return to balance the ramp up... In essence the mesmer need what have been done to other professions to be done to them as well.)

> > >

> > > Something a lot of us have been pointing out since Condi-mirage became a thing.

> > > Unfortunately people seem to think clones are a problem (its been 6 years you would think people would learn how to identify the mesmer by now) and in A-net fashion, instead of attacking the problem they will most likely change something that effects EVERY OTHER BUILD except the one that's the problem.

> >

> > Target break wasn't a thing 6 years ago ... just saying.

>

> No, target breaking is new, and the only other mechanic that is similiar is stealth..

> Mesmer has had stealth since day 1.

> So logically, you could apply the same way you found the mesmer from day 1 to now.

>

Hear my I got it ... but it adds to these mechanics . So you can understand now it became harder to find the mesmer every "3 sec" (or so) it's harder now that it was before.

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > > I'm almost 100% sure that clone's look isn't even close to be an issue in this game. What's an issue however is the "stacking" effects that come with the clones, making mesmer's condition damage bursty instead of steady. Reducing the ability to stack damaging conditions fast is the way to balance the current mesmer. (Obviously there is a need to make those conditions stay longer in return to balance the ramp up... In essence the mesmer need what have been done to other professions to be done to them as well.)

> > > >

> > > > Something a lot of us have been pointing out since Condi-mirage became a thing.

> > > > Unfortunately people seem to think clones are a problem (its been 6 years you would think people would learn how to identify the mesmer by now) and in A-net fashion, instead of attacking the problem they will most likely change something that effects EVERY OTHER BUILD except the one that's the problem.

> > >

> > > Target break wasn't a thing 6 years ago ... just saying.

> >

> > No, target breaking is new, and the only other mechanic that is similiar is stealth..

> > Mesmer has had stealth since day 1.

> > So logically, you could apply the same way you found the mesmer from day 1 to now.

> >

>

> Hear my I got it ... but it adds to these mechanics . So you can understand now it became harder to find the mesmer every "3 sec" (or so) it's harder now that it was before.

How?

Instead of waiting 3s to target a mes you can do it in 1 or 2.

If it's - "But they can stealth and then target break"

It's the same as if they stealthed and then restealthed.

I'm not seeing how this all of a sudden got any harder.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> I know, I know, every profession needs improvement, including Mesmer, but I feel Mesmer is in a more decent spot. Some can complain OP and stuff, but the true problems are the tons of things related to all professions that need buffs and improvements... However, this is exactly what the Mesmer needs at the moment...

>

> Mesmer "pets" need to be clearly identifiable in combat, just like every other pet in the game. Here is an example idea from a game that had very clear skill effects, visual tells and identifiers between player and pet.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I struggle telling the Boonbeast apart from their Siamoth some times tho.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to clarify some stuff...

Visual tells are important for wvw and spvp. Being able to distinguish between an actual player vs pet or non-player is important for competitive gameplay. I know all classes need work in different areas, and that is a given, but one of the main problems with Mesmer (I have 2 btw) is that they have a ton of tools in their toolbox to be competitive in wvw and spvp already, and do not need the added layer of causing "visual confusion" on top of their current capabilities.

Immobile, Necro Shades, that had big red rings around them... that were easily avoided... were changed by the devs to make "clear visual tells" for other players... I'm fine with that shade change, however, as someone who had spent a lot of time in pvp environments... it's very important to know what skills are going off, what you are being affected by and to know who the actual opponent is among the AI spam... These exact character illusion copies do not matter in pve, but they do matter in pvp type modes.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/27688/on-the-topic-of-visual-tells-on-shades-for-spvp-and-wvw

Edit- And that video in the OP shows a City of Heroes https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Controller using the https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Illusion_Control powerset that summons https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Illusion_Control#Phantom_Army and https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Illusion_Control#Phantasm