Do you still play your elementalist ?

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

> @"Burnhard Riemann.8650" said:

> Fresh air sword/dagger is really fun in fractals and raids if you are already familiar with the mechanics of the fights. For short phase fights I like to be able to give away conjured weapons to boost party dps.

>

> I find it completely impossible to play ele in competitive modes at present. Almost anyone with a meta build will shred me instantly and be impossible for me to kill. I've tried for hours and hours just getting stomped constantly and decided it was just not going to get better. I can trait water and arcane and stay alive forever and dodge everything, xor I can set it up so that I do any damage whatsoever and melt like a stick of butter in the microwave. God forbid someone applies a condition on me or stealths or does more than 9k damage in a short period of time. Not to mention the enemy player has to be inside my hitbox to even get hit by my sword. You could probably make it work if you are like god tier ele, but for us mere humans, I think we need to stick to more predictable content like raids and fractals with dedicated healers.

Haha! Welcome to my life. I main pvp and ele is my favorite class. It gets easier with time, but you truly have to be a masochist to play ele ranked

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> Well I always have a blast playing ele. Fine in groups and pretty good solo.

>

> Well I have to say that I'm necro main... So maybe anything is better than necro?

>

> Ele has so many sustain/defensive things while still doing very good dmg... Compared to necro...

Well you didn't play power reaper in open world

Or scourge in WvW ... or scourge in sPvP .... OR healing scourge in raids ahaha

I don't want to be rude but necro is quite usefull teamwise right now ...

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > Well I always have a blast playing ele. Fine in groups and pretty good solo.

> >

> > Well I have to say that I'm necro main... So maybe anything is better than necro?

> >

> > Ele has so many sustain/defensive things while still doing very good dmg... Compared to necro...

>

> Well you didn't play power reaper in open world

>

> Or scourge in WvW ... or scourge in sPvP .... OR healing scourge in raids ahaha

>

> I don't want to be rude but necro is quite usefull teamwise right now ...

Didn't you read my comment? I'm necro main, I almost only play necro. Different builds, I come up with new builds like every 2 weeks (wvw)

Lul bringing up open world, where anything is viable.

And I think that healing scourge is still not as good as healing ele in raids.

Scourge in wvw is a very annoying Playstyle and if you try to do anything alone in wvw as necro, you just get rolled over by most other builds, if you aren't just way better than your opponent(s)

The only thing necro is really good at right now is running around with a zerg in wvw

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > Well I always have a blast playing ele. Fine in groups and pretty good solo.

> > >

> > > Well I have to say that I'm necro main... So maybe anything is better than necro?

> > >

> > > Ele has so many sustain/defensive things while still doing very good dmg... Compared to necro...

> >

> > Well you didn't play power reaper in open world

> >

> > Or scourge in WvW ... or scourge in sPvP .... OR healing scourge in raids ahaha

> >

> > I don't want to be rude but necro is quite usefull teamwise right now ...

>

> Didn't you read my comment? I'm necro main, I almost only play necro. Different builds, I come up with new builds like every 2 weeks (wvw)

>

> Lul bringing up open world, where anything is viable.

>

> And I think that healing scourge is still not as good as healing ele in raids.

> Scourge in wvw is a very annoying Playstyle and if you try to do anything alone in wvw as necro, you just get rolled over by most other builds, if you aren't just way better than your opponent(s)

>

> The only thing necro is really good at right now is running around with a zerg in wvw

Not really the topic ... but saying necro is less good then ele (in term of general state in the game) is kinda wrong from my perspective. But i'm probably biased as much as you are .

There's no point for me here to counter argue every single sentence you 've written here .... you won't change your mind anyway :) (passive agressive)

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > Well I always have a blast playing ele. Fine in groups and pretty good solo.

> > > >

> > > > Well I have to say that I'm necro main... So maybe anything is better than necro?

> > > >

> > > > Ele has so many sustain/defensive things while still doing very good dmg... Compared to necro...

> > >

> > > Well you didn't play power reaper in open world

> > >

> > > Or scourge in WvW ... or scourge in sPvP .... OR healing scourge in raids ahaha

> > >

> > > I don't want to be rude but necro is quite usefull teamwise right now ...

> >

> > Didn't you read my comment? I'm necro main, I almost only play necro. Different builds, I come up with new builds like every 2 weeks (wvw)

> >

> > Lul bringing up open world, where anything is viable.

> >

> > And I think that healing scourge is still not as good as healing ele in raids.

> > Scourge in wvw is a very annoying Playstyle and if you try to do anything alone in wvw as necro, you just get rolled over by most other builds, if you aren't just way better than your opponent(s)

> >

> > The only thing necro is really good at right now is running around with a zerg in wvw

>

> Not really the topic ... but saying necro is less good then ele (in term of general state in the game) is kinda wrong from my perspective. But i'm probably biased as much as you are .

>

> There's no point for me here to counter argue every single sentence you 've written here .... you won't change your mind anyway :) (passive agressive)

Yeah maybe. But I think we can agree that, if you play something different, you'll find it more refreshing than playing the same thing all day long. Especially with these completely different Playstyles both classes have

Especially if you played like hundreds of different builds on the main class

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > > Well I always have a blast playing ele. Fine in groups and pretty good solo.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well I have to say that I'm necro main... So maybe anything is better than necro?

> > > > >

> > > > > Ele has so many sustain/defensive things while still doing very good dmg... Compared to necro...

> > > >

> > > > Well you didn't play power reaper in open world

> > > >

> > > > Or scourge in WvW ... or scourge in sPvP .... OR healing scourge in raids ahaha

> > > >

> > > > I don't want to be rude but necro is quite usefull teamwise right now ...

> > >

> > > Didn't you read my comment? I'm necro main, I almost only play necro. Different builds, I come up with new builds like every 2 weeks (wvw)

> > >

> > > Lul bringing up open world, where anything is viable.

> > >

> > > And I think that healing scourge is still not as good as healing ele in raids.

> > > Scourge in wvw is a very annoying Playstyle and if you try to do anything alone in wvw as necro, you just get rolled over by most other builds, if you aren't just way better than your opponent(s)

> > >

> > > The only thing necro is really good at right now is running around with a zerg in wvw

> >

> > Not really the topic ... but saying necro is less good then ele (in term of general state in the game) is kinda wrong from my perspective. But i'm probably biased as much as you are .

> >

> > There's no point for me here to counter argue every single sentence you 've written here .... you won't change your mind anyway :) (passive agressive)

>

> Yeah maybe. But I think we can agree that, if you play something different, you'll find it more refreshing than playing the same thing all day long. Especially with these completely different Playstyles both classes have

> Especially if you played like hundreds of different builds on the main class

I've played a lot of different classes during my 6 years of GW2 experience ... (except mesmers ... i hate mesmers) but I always hoped ele got some love after the chain nerf since 2014 with D/D celestial meta in spvp. (i was there)

• 3 weeks later...

Ele will forever be my main. I made him shortly after launch and while I do dip into other classes here and there, I always go back to ele. I personally don't care much about numbers or whatever else people talk about, and I know people have their gripes with the class, but I still get everything I want out of it. I mostly play pvp and I usually go for the support tempest or core FA builds on metabattle. Sometimes I'll even screw around with a cheesy burn build. In pve I'll be a bit more "experimental." I just enjoy being a plant that can shoot lightning.