Quick question about collection items and other items like it

Has there been any official statement as to why some collection items have "This item only has value as part of a collection." in the description and others do not? Trying to make more bag space and notice I have some items that don't state what I mentioned in the description. So I was just wondering why that is?

"This item only has value as part of a collection." means that that item has 0 use. You should be safe to delete/sell it.

If it does not, there is a chance that there is more to it. That you can possibly use it, that its actualy a crafting component, piece of gear, food etc...

If you're not sure the best approach is to look the item up on the Wiki. If it's a new collection (e.g. added in the latest chapter) bear in mind information might be missing because the Wiki is edited by players and it takes time to get everything on there. But for older collections the items page should have all the relevant information. If it doesn't list any other uses (or if you decide you have no interest in those uses) you can safely sell/delete it.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> "This item only has value as part of a collection." means that that item has 0 use. You should be safe to delete/sell it.

> If it does not, there is a chance that there is more to it. That you can possibly use it, that its actualy a crafting component, piece of gear, food etc...

Oh I know what it means. I was just trying to find out why other items and some current ones no long state that information in their description. And if there is a chance... they just appear in the sell window. I was just looking for an official statement is all.

Anyway, thanks for the answers all. Maybe now I can feel safe enough to free up some bag space, lol.