Exalted Shoulders gated behind random BLC drop?

Rewan.8490

It's not different from the items skins exclusive to BLC from the past: Hydra Staff, Storm Dagger, **Exalted Gloves**, Elemental Sword and many others, I don't see a reasonable reason for this item in particular to be made available outside of BLC now, when others were not.

It will eventually be made available to exchange for BL Statuettes, but not now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Gambino.2109" said:

> I know two... one is at 84 keys and the other is at 91 keys..

>

> Zero uncommon shoulder drops, something seems a little off about the rarity of this particular uncommon drop.

Roughly 10 out of 100 keys result in an uncommon or rare drop, the exalted shoulders are from the uncommon category, and there are 20 possible options within that category alone. If the odds are even for each uncommon, then the rate is probably something like 1:200 overall. If that's accurate, then there's roughly a 31% chance that you'd get the unlock from "just" 75 keys.

* For 84 keys, the odds are: 34%

* For 91 keys, it is only: 37%.

Another possibility is that of uncommon drops, the rate is 1-in-5 (five types of uncommon drops, each equal), which seems unrealistic. If it were so, then the overall rate is 1:50. With those odds, the chance that 75 keys grants the unlock is 78%; with 91, it's 84%. That's much higher, but not "guaranteed."

Hi everybody,

i followed the discussion for a while. To the ones saying that I'm not entitled to any skins, i must say: Yeah i know that. I just wanted to say that i don't like the way they implemented that particular skin into the game. I mean there are a lot of people spending a fortune of keys on the mere chance to get the skin. I just think it is a bad business practice to put in things you get by RNG that at the same time are account bound. Some other people have mentioned that point as well and that is good, because if nobody mentions it, we will see more and more of these. Just because the gain for Anet is disproportional to the effort. You don't have to agree of course. (That should be obvious, but some people seem to think someone voicing a opinion is the same thing as trying to enforce said opinion on them. It was not meant that way).

Sure Anet is a company and must make money and i get that as well. I am a player buying gem store stuff regularly and thereby supporting Anet, and i have no beef with that at all. But there are still other ways to get a skin into a game and make enough money of it so that it would be worth it creating it in the first place. They sell a lot of other skins for like 600-800 gems, and they do that regularly so it must still be worth it for them.

To the point of getting it with the lion heads: Thanks for that, i did not think about that. 60 Lion Heads is a steep price, but it's still good that you can get it without RNG eventually.

Cheers everybody.

> @"Rewan.8490" said:

> Hi everybody,

>

> Sure Anet is a company and must make money and i get that as well. I am a player buying gem store stuff regularly and thereby supporting Anet, and i have no beef with that at all. But there are still other ways to get a skin into a game and make enough money of it so that it would be worth it creating it in the first place. They sell a lot of other skins for like 600-800 gems, and they do that regularly so it must still be worth it for them.

> To the point of getting it with the lion heads: Thanks for that, i did not think about that. 60 Lion Heads is a steep price, but it's still good that you can get it without RNG eventually.

>

> Cheers everybody.

yes its a company and make money but things behind rng is very bad. for me it means they dont accept some money but want ppl spend hundreds of money for get something. sure i like to support them and buy gems for upgrades but this rng is not normal. i have 20+ chests opened and i NEVER get a 5th slot it makes me angry.

i am afraid to ask in a ticket how this is possible. today a guildy got a perma extractor from bl chest, other guildys got shoulder skin in first and fourth key.

i quit wow because the bad rng. i like gw2 but its very disappointing that i cant get a skin i really like i want to buy it but i dont gamble. how can i trust on a chest with 20+ keys without a 5th slot. i think my rng on chests is bugged, i did map completion today 1 map took me few hours and ofcourse no key, i am on discord and ppl get keys like 5 in 10 maps. i am just cant do anything about it. and with stattues someone told me i have to wait 4 months to maybe buy it. isnt it very bad that if you want something you have to waste all hard earned money or waste all your real life money on a gamble and after 100 euro spend nothing got in return.

maybe they must do like mount licenses if you pay 3 times the price you can choose. but i think i can only dream, nice skins for a steady price wont happen.