Suggestion: Possible Game Modes (SMvE and PMvE)

Fordrim.2369

I would welcome two potential game modes, Solo Mode versus Environment (SMvE) and Party Mode versus Environment (PMvE).

SMvE: The player is alone.

The player can hire NPC Followers and Companions to both adventure alongside and interact with.

The Player can complete Instances such as Dungeons by themselves.

PMvE: The player is with other players.

The player can interact with NPC Dialogues alongside other players.

Players can hire NPC Followers and Companions to fill empty Party Slots.

Leadership Mastery Track:

This Mastery unlocks features for SMvE and PMvE.

In addition, Players can customize unlocked Followers and Companions.

Note:

This could reintroduce the Henchmen and Heroes feature of Guild Wars 1 in a different, more interactive way.

Non-expansion Content can become repeatable like in Expansion Content, thus allowing Veteran Players the ability to more readily assist New Players.

Additional Content:

The Dragon Watch storyline Guild that we receive as the Pact Commander can become a Personal Guild that we upgrade and from which is drawn our Companions.

The player can build a custom Order with a specific focus from which the player draws Followers.

Example Focuses can be drawn from the different Orders of Tyria except with some twists from Player choice, we are the Pact Commander.

Also:

I know that Soloing and Partying are already in the game. Nevertheless, I've seen where there are almost no people in a zone to where there are a lot of people in a zone. I've come to the conclusion that having an option does not hinder those who do not desire to use the option. So, in order to introduce or reintroduce features that people currently like in other games to what people liked in the past GW1, I believe that creating different PvE Modes could forge lasting Game Modes outside of WvW and PvP.

First of all, define "Interact with", you mean talking with like a singleplayer game rpg npc (Bladurs Gate etc) ?

And just to safe myself, in the weird case this actually happened, Give me Eir as my joinable NPC, or I'll hunt you all down and paint your kittens pink, ever last one of them.

---

I honestly don't see the point, ANet has clearly gone away from the henchmen/hero system from GW1, and I honestly never missed it. But essentially this game has trouble enough as it is to encourage players to communicate with each others as it is, and is honestly a very anti-social MMO game. So taking away the last bit of content you actually need to communicate with other players for... seems counter-intuitive to me.

Then again, every time I'm reading about the stuff they're adding in the latest Final Fantasy 14 expansion, I can't help but thinking they've been lurking the GW2 pve forums and just picked up everything requested. They're actually working on improving the "single player experience", by among other things adding a system for letting you play all the story required dungeons with NPC's... And just released a new "single player focused class" (Still love my broken Blue Mage!). So dunno, wouldn't surprise me if FF14 was going to de-throne GW2 as "most casual mmo".