Superior Rune of Fireworks; thoughts for Power roaming?

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> The newest runes seem to be rather good for Power roaming on Necro (Core, Reaper, and Scourge) due to having 6.9 seconds of Vigor every 20 seconds you're in combat, although the Might+Fury that come with the Vigor and the +25% movement speed certainly don't hurt.

>

> These appear to be rather good for us. Anyone tried them yet?

Didn't try it yet, but I already got my fingers on a set of these runes. Gonna try this evening.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Way better than pack rune.

>

> Good pick for builds that add some no precision gear like cavalier or crusader for sustain.

What he said. A fury generating rune is diamonds. Even when i go T4 fracs with my crusader necro to ress, heal dps and tank, i still rarely get fury from teammates and end up below 100% crit chance on my reaper. A good rune for self generated fury is worth diamonds!

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> The newest runes seem to be rather good for Power roaming on Necro (Core, Reaper, and Scourge) due to having 6.9 seconds of Vigor every 20 seconds you're in combat, although the Might+Fury that come with the Vigor and the +25% movement speed certainly don't hurt.

>

> These appear to be rather good for us. Anyone tried them yet?

I switched to these on my Guardian when they released- it was worth the 30 gold (cheaper now) and I can't see ever using something else.

I think I'm going to use these on my Necro on 2nd account (no expansions) along with a sigil of rage. It will make for a nice opening salvo with axe 2 or dagger 2.

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > The newest runes seem to be rather good for Power roaming on Necro (Core, Reaper, and Scourge) due to having 6.9 seconds of Vigor every 20 seconds you're in combat, although the Might+Fury that come with the Vigor and the +25% movement speed certainly don't hurt.

> >

> > These appear to be rather good for us. Anyone tried them yet?

>

> I switched to these on my Guardian when they released- it was worth the 30 gold (cheaper now) and I can't see ever using something else.

>

> I think I'm going to use these on my Necro on 2nd account (no expansions) along with a sigil of rage. It will make for a nice opening salvo with axe 2 or dagger 2.

I tried these out as well. Personally I thought it was just alright, but that’s probably because I have to make a build specifically to take advantage of the Rune.

The most valuable aspect of this Rune for necro is the vigor and fury uptime. If you are running greatsword/staff or greatsword/axe focus, you will find the perma 25% speed boost useful as well.

Vigor+dodge food is always nice, especially on necro where we lack any other sort of defense, we can now compete in the dodge department. Personally, I find myself not even able to use the dodges, as many of necros survival comes from dodging bursts and inflicting pressure...pressure which can only be inflicted by constantly casting skills, which thus prevents your from dodging.

So a lot of the vigor uptime gets wasted at max endurance. The fury is nice, although it can’t be perma’d which is super unfortunate pardon the pun.

Despite those thing I’d pretty much say it’s BIS over the majority of other runes right now.

> @"lodjur.1284" said:

> The problem is how bad power reaper is especially after the last gasp and spiteful spirit nerf, while firework runes seem like the best option imo it just doesn't seem like enough. I don't know what prompted this round of heavy nerfs to an already mediocre build

Spectral Armor needs a base duration of 10s and thief, rev and soulbeast need their opening bursts nerfed like they did it for reaper. Then necro is in a good spot. There isn't that much to do for necro. They just need to do the right things.

Other specs may need specific counter builds, but they are dealable.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > The problem is how bad power reaper is especially after the last gasp and spiteful spirit nerf, while firework runes seem like the best option imo it just doesn't seem like enough. I don't know what prompted this round of heavy nerfs to an already mediocre build

> Spectral Armor needs a base duration of 10s and thief, rev and soulbeast need their opening bursts nerfed like they did it for reaper. Then necro is in a good spot. There isn't that much to do for necro. They just need to do the right things.

>

> Other specs may need specific counter builds, but they are dealable.

>

Well you missed mentioning mirage, but close enough. Another problem is that right now power reaper plays like a worse holosmith in most regards with some boon corruption being the only upside.

Imo necro should get full access to utility skills in shroud and not have the having immunity, then the class would be in a much better spot.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Can't say reaper plays like holo. The fight presence of reaper is unmatched (and that's fine as it can't disengage). Holo has more of a hit and run playstyle. When your CC fails on holo you have to gtfo and reengage.

That's like playing reaper then, when your cc fails, you have to disengage (else you might not be able to land your damage).....

Oh wait you cant, because you are necro.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > Can't say reaper plays like holo. The fight presence of reaper is unmatched (and that's fine as it can't disengage). Holo has more of a hit and run playstyle. When your CC fails on holo you have to gtfo and reengage.

>

> That's like playing reaper then, when your cc fails, you have to disengage (else you might not be able to land your damage).....

>

> Oh wait you cant, because you are necro.

Bingo!