Ranged thief?

Trogmar.9172

I want to play a ranged character and I herd the deadeye is what I'm looking for. unfortunately I dont own the expansions and won't for a bit of time. what's a good build to run using the core game that's got some range to it while level and wait to get expansions? I'm a newer player and new to forums here so sorry if I formatted this wrong.

You can try either P/P or P/D for ranged builds using Core specializations.

As to build that depends on whether you are condi or power. You may want to focus on power as you level because the power scaling is pretty good. For PvE, you probably want to run Trickery, Deadly Arts and Critical Strikes.

You can focus your utilities around survival and swap out for more damage as you get used to it. Tricks and certain Signets are good for survival. You may also want to have Shadowstep on your bar for quick maneuvering. The offhand of choice is probably shortbow for general mobility.

Good luck, if you have more questions just ask and I’ll try to answer, time permitting.

> @"Trogmar.9172" said:

> I want to play a ranged character and I herd the deadeye is what I'm looking for. unfortunately I dont own the expansions and won't for a bit of time. what's a good build to run using the core game that's got some range to it while level and wait to get expansions? I'm a newer player and new to forums here so sorry if I formatted this wrong.

There is the condi shortbow builds for core thief.