Been gone a while what is the current state of the class I always wanted to play?

Ryou.2398

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > > Your facts, whatever you say buddy have a good life though.

> >

> > Well, Youtube facts. There is no such thing as "your facts" and "my facts." There are only facts. I find it silly that people engage in the whole "your facts" when if you go to Youtube and actually do a search on Herald builds you'd see that most of what is on Youtube is out of meta. Why pretend otherwise?

> >

> >

>

> How could anything Herald related be out of meta...? The meta Herald build hasn't really changed for 2 years, lol.

>

> Just for fun, I went and youtube searched "gw2 Herald pvp" and there's about 8 or so videos posted after the Herald rework, and they're basically exactly the same as all the ones before the herald rework.

>

> This is because--as everyone keeps saying on this thread--there is only one real, viable Rev pvp spec. It's not because top players are squirreling away their builds... It's because if you're not using Shiro/Glint, you're being a straight-up liability to your team.

lol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > > Your facts, whatever you say buddy have a good life though.

> >

> > Well, Youtube facts. There is no such thing as "your facts" and "my facts." There are only facts. I find it silly that people engage in the whole "your facts" when if you go to Youtube and actually do a search on Herald builds you'd see that most of what is on Youtube is out of meta. Why pretend otherwise?

> >

> >

>

> How could anything Herald related be out of meta...? The meta Herald build hasn't really changed for 2 years, lol.

>

> Just for fun, I went and youtube searched "gw2 Herald pvp" and there's about 8 or so videos posted after the Herald rework, and they're basically exactly the same as all the ones before the herald rework.

>

> This is because--as everyone keeps saying on this thread--there is only one real, viable Rev pvp spec. It's not because top players are squirreling away their builds... It's because if you're not using Shiro/Glint, you're being a straight-up liability to your team.

We get posts from folks who talk about non Shiro/Glint builds that they get into platinum with, despite the fact that you only see one build posted. Players do create their own builds and don't bother to share them unless specifically asked. Are we going to deny that those threads exist and all those folks were really just playing Herald (Shiro/Glint)? [Here's one from an EU player](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/68254/renegade-build-for-pvp-last-season-legend#latest "Here's one from an EU player"). Sure it's the EU and so that specific build only helps EU players but that doesn't change the fact that this guy made a build that he did very well with and just sat on it for a while before bothering to do anything with it.

I'm not making an argument that a lot of such builds exist. Just that they do and they aren't being shared with any form of regularity. Unless you're going to deny that threads like the one I just linked don't exist there is no way around the fact that while Shiro/Glint is the only posted build for most people to rely on there are folks out there who make their own build and get very far with it but don't really share that information.

> @"Ryou.2398" said:

> Seems to me some are just reaching, let them believe or defend whatever they want, one piece of evidence is not going to change that for others shrug.

Hey, no one is forcing you to play it ... or participate in your own thread in a reasonable manner either. Believe whatever you want, just don't be angry and argue if you don't get the response you are looking for. I like the part where someone has been gone for a while has some pretty strong opinions about the current state of a class they haven't played since they left. That's just indicative of the fact they aren't asking the questions they really want the answers to. If you think Rev is bad, say why and make a case to make it better; no reason to beat around the bush around here.

If you want the REAL answer, go play and figure it out for yourself. If you don't want someone telling you something you don't want to hear, don't ask.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > > > Your facts, whatever you say buddy have a good life though.

> > >

> > > Well, Youtube facts. There is no such thing as "your facts" and "my facts." There are only facts. I find it silly that people engage in the whole "your facts" when if you go to Youtube and actually do a search on Herald builds you'd see that most of what is on Youtube is out of meta. Why pretend otherwise?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > How could anything Herald related be out of meta...? The meta Herald build hasn't really changed for 2 years, lol.

> >

> > Just for fun, I went and youtube searched "gw2 Herald pvp" and there's about 8 or so videos posted after the Herald rework, and they're basically exactly the same as all the ones before the herald rework.

> >

> > This is because--as everyone keeps saying on this thread--there is only one real, viable Rev pvp spec. It's not because top players are squirreling away their builds... It's because if you're not using Shiro/Glint, you're being a straight-up liability to your team.

>

> We get posts from folks who talk about non Shiro/Glint builds that they get into platinum with, despite the fact that you only see one build posted. Players do create their own builds and don't bother to share them unless specifically asked. Are we going to deny that those threads exist and all those folks were really just playing Herald (Shiro/Glint)? [Here's one from an EU player](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/68254/renegade-build-for-pvp-last-season-legend#latest "Here's one from an EU player"). Sure it's the EU and so that specific build only helps EU players but that doesn't change the fact that this guy made a build that he did very well with and just sat on it for a while before bothering to do anything with it.

>

> I'm not making an argument that a lot of such builds exist. Just that they do and they aren't being shared with any form of regularity. Unless you're going to deny that threads like the one I just linked don't exist there is no way around the fact that while Shiro/Glint is the only posted build for most people to rely on there are folks out there who make their own build and get very far with it but don't really share that information.

First off, just because somebody can get to platinum using a certain build does not make that build meta. If people are good enough and have a good enough knowledge of the game, they can get there with almost anything, but that does not make their builds meta, and to pretend it does misrepresents the very meaning of the word.

Secondly, that thread shows somebody winning a four minute long 1v1 with a spellbreaker... That's hardly what I'd call proof of a highly effective build. I mean, Sbk is one of revenant's *easiest* matchups. Furthermore, they have to kite that fight all over the FFA arena, which--if it were a real game--would have obviously conceded the point they were at, so the Ren would have won the fight but spent FOUR minutes accumulating those 5 points for his team. Speaking of those four minutes and actual game play, if you think you can spent that long fighting somebody and not get +1'd, you must be playing a different game then me. And speaking of getting +1'd, being able to survive a 1v2 is like the cornerstone of a successful sidegame-dueling build, which is what this claims to be... And with no offense to that player/build or whatever, at literally any point during that video, if a +1 came, he would have instantly died.

I do T4 fractals daily with Condition Renegade, maining shortbow. Funny thing is, I actually outdps everyone in the group in full viper gear. Shortbow requires some extra getting used to but once you are confident with it, you can pull some amazing numbers on longer fights.

Best thing is however, when I see that the healer is struggling or the group is about to die, I pop Kalla Elite and it heals everyone back to full health quickly. It is a lifesaver.

Renegade is still a bit underrated, but it is a fantastic class that is able to fill so many roles and even support the team in full dps gear when needed.

Also, the ventari tablet projectile-denial bubble is amazing. It is pretty much the longest-maintainable bubble, with tons of uses in some fractals.