Diviner Ranger (Druid or Soulbeast)

InsaneQR.7412

The new stat set now out with All or Nothing has recently caught my attention.

I did open PvE with a whacky Marshal Soulbeast build for about a year now and i decided to change pace to a power build (cause i havent played full power since levelling in 2013).

With Moa stance, Nature magic and Durabbility runes and a versatile pet i get really high in boon duration already so i thought it would be a nice inclusion to add some diviners instead of berserker stats to min-max it out.

So i wanna ask if somebody had make experiences with it so far.

The set seems rather nice with a evasion Skirmish GS/ Sw-Axe build.

Would also go well with druid and staff.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> Never messed with Diviner stats, but if you're playing around with open world builds, it'd probably be a good fit for something like this:

> https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Boon_Berserker

Yeah my planned setup looks quiet similar. Only that i prolly take skirmishing for repeated quickness during evading from GS AA and sword MH.

I mean the bonus stats from BM are quiet nice, but not necessarily needed IMO for Openworld.

The increased crit chance through Vicious Quarry and attacking from behind is also great.

I probably run raven and bear as pets. Raven gives good CC and mobility and bear is my survival option.

If the build editor is right i get 100% boon duration with moa and raven merge with only 3 armor pieces and 2 trinkets in diviners.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> Yeah my planned setup looks quiet similar. Only that i prolly take skirmishing for repeated quickness during evading from GS AA and sword MH.

Hmm, I can't see why you'd bother to AA with GS or use the evade on 1h sword much since it's usually more efficient to just use a higher DPS attack to down mobs in open world. MH dagger and beastmode attacks with the Live Fast trait can supply plenty of quickness, particularly if you use Heal as One afterwards.

It's also hard to beat Beastmastery as a trait line. It's a good source of might from potent ally and gives you strong mobility with a 30% increase speed in beastmode and decreased cooldown on swoop.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > Yeah my planned setup looks quiet similar. Only that i prolly take skirmishing for repeated quickness during evading from GS AA and sword MH.

>

> Hmm, I can't see why you'd bother to AA with GS or use the evade on 1h sword much since it's usually more efficient to just use a higher DPS attack to down mobs in open world. MH dagger and beastmode attacks with the Live Fast trait can supply plenty of quickness, particularly if you use Heal as One afterwards.

>

> It's also hard to beat Beastmastery as a trait line. It's a good source of might from potent ally and gives you strong mobility with a 30% increase speed in beastmode and decreased cooldown on swoop.

>

I am actually quiet happy as it is. Skirmishing provides more crit chance than Beastmastery and its better suited for soloing champs, just because you can chain evade.

In harder areas of the world i am fairly glad with the evades and it keeps my boons topped up.

For the might gain i use sigil of strength.

I dont try to min max dmg, rather min max dmg and utility in one.

For open world the CD reduction on swoop is negligable. I rather wanna have it on hornet sting to get avay from world boss AoEs and to cover more ground.

But yeah i just soloed a champ in maguuma in a minute. Now i know why everyone is camplaining about boon beast. Permanently having all available boons ranger has is quiet bonkers.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > Yeah my planned setup looks quiet similar. Only that i prolly take skirmishing for repeated quickness during evading from GS AA and sword MH.

> >

> > Hmm, I can't see why you'd bother to AA with GS or use the evade on 1h sword much since it's usually more efficient to just use a higher DPS attack to down mobs in open world. MH dagger and beastmode attacks with the Live Fast trait can supply plenty of quickness, particularly if you use Heal as One afterwards.

> >

> > It's also hard to beat Beastmastery as a trait line. It's a good source of might from potent ally and gives you strong mobility with a 30% increase speed in beastmode and decreased cooldown on swoop.

> >

> For the might gain i use sigil of strength.

> I dont try to min max dmg, rather min max dmg and utility in one.

> For open world the CD reduction on swoop is negligable. I rather wanna have it on hornet sting to get avay from world boss AoEs and to cover more ground.

I think I'm so used to raiding/fotm on power SB that BM is mandatory for me. It's so much more than raw stats. It's a shorter CD on GS, axe and shouts that make everything feel better. Defense/utility wise, it's a shorter CD on block, evade, cc and reflect on GS and axe.

Here's mostly what I've been messing with.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAR3XnUqAtCi1CCmsAs8ilCBz51FDqdPdhZQAI/62dLvj4N-jByIQBGRJmJ2fAAXAgzobIsq/0lDCwYVeQWlgiCIwA-e

The two different quickness sigils on 20 second CD alternate nicely with a good DPS rotation. The almost 10 and 6 seconds each are approaching close to perma quickness from just those two so I don't feel bad dropping skrim with Diviners/NM. Keep them on opposite weapons to have better essence of speed procs. QZ, heal and live fast can fill in the gaps.

If you drop Nature magic for skrim for glassier DPS, bring bear stance for your only condi clear. I'm not liking the lack of vigor from NM instead of skrim which is tempting me to Rune of fireworks. But then I lose 125 precision. Idk.

@""DuckDuckBOOM.4097"

The vigor is another reason why i run skirmishing.

I have to say, despite my old perception of berserker playstyle which seemed rather boring to me, boonbeast is really intriguing to play and you have to switch in and out to juggle the boons.

Beastmastery IMO is surely good for the stats but skirmishing feels more activw to play, so i stick to that.

CD reductions on the weapons dont really feel substantial, most often when i swap back, its back up again.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > Yeah my planned setup looks quiet similar. Only that i prolly take skirmishing for repeated quickness during evading from GS AA and sword MH.

> >

> > Hmm, I can't see why you'd bother to AA with GS or use the evade on 1h sword much since it's usually more efficient to just use a higher DPS attack to down mobs in open world. MH dagger and beastmode attacks with the Live Fast trait can supply plenty of quickness, particularly if you use Heal as One afterwards.

> >

> > It's also hard to beat Beastmastery as a trait line. It's a good source of might from potent ally and gives you strong mobility with a 30% increase speed in beastmode and decreased cooldown on swoop.

> >

>

> I am actually quiet happy as it is. Skirmishing provides more crit chance than Beastmastery and its better suited for soloing champs, just because you can chain evade.

> In harder areas of the world i am fairly glad with the evades and it keeps my boons topped up.

>

> For the might gain i use sigil of strength.

> I dont try to min max dmg, rather min max dmg and utility in one.

> For open world the CD reduction on swoop is negligable. I rather wanna have it on hornet sting to get avay from world boss AoEs and to cover more ground.

>

> But yeah i just soloed a champ in maguuma in a minute. Now i know why everyone is camplaining about boon beast. Permanently having all available boons ranger has is quiet bonkers.

>

If it makes you happy, more power to ya then, I guess.