Timed events.

mauried.5608

Is there any way to tell if an event is a timed event, ie you have to kill some monster in a minimum time where there is no indication of any kind that the event is timed.

ie no clock counting down.

Or is there some default time in which all monsters have to be killed by?

I had a go at soloing one of the champion monsters in HOT for the hero point and although the fight was slow I got the monster down to around 10% and then simply got a

event failed message, so I guess I took too long, but the event had no indication that it was timed

That's odd. There should be an orange bar timer at the upper right corner of your UI for all of those. You can even arrive when someone else triggered it and left and see there's just two minutes left, for example. I'm not sure if they are 10 or 15 minutes or some other amount but I'm fairly certain all the HoT hero challenge fights have the same timer duration.

Things to check -- your UI is in fact on, you aren't playing without it. You haven't got a zillion other things tracking in the upper right such as achieves, LS directives, PvP announcements, etc., that could be distracting your view. You haven't clicked on the HP event to minimize its text (if you have, you can click on it again to expand it).