Private messages?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I think it's 3 days after your first post. You can reply to someone else's message, even with the restriction.

It cant be 3 days cause its already been more than 3 days since my first post and I don't have the ability to do it. But both of these replies tell me that there are restrictions.Whether it be timing or post count I will just give it some time.Hopefully it wont be to late.

> @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> You need at least 3 days of forum participation _and_ at least 5 posts to reach member level. Once you reach member level you can send PMs.

If you notice I currently have the member level next to my name and I am still not able to send PM's.

Could my browser cause me the issue?I am currently using Microsoft Edge as I recently reformatted PC and have not decided which browser I want to use.

> @Exiled.5781 said:

> > @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> > You need at least 3 days of forum participation _and_ at least 5 posts to reach member level. Once you reach member level you can send PMs.

>

> If you notice I currently have the member level next to my name and I am still not able to send PM's.

>

> Could my browser cause me the issue?I am currently using Microsoft Edge as I recently reformatted PC and have not decided which browser I want to use.

This was only your fifth post. You might be able to PM now or perhaps the timer starts after the 5th post?

To make it my 6th.

Just to clarify. Clicking on a members name will take me to their page and somewhere in that page should give me to option to send a PM?

Right clicking some ones picture only gives me internet options like saving picture,opening in new tab (which does same as clicking name itself).

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> Click on a person's name to go to their profile page. On that page there will be a little "Message" link to the left of their profile picture.

Even though I know where it is, I have trouble finding it sometimes; it's not very noticeable.

The other alternative:

* Click on the mailbox icon.

* Towards the upper right is a "New Message" button (large, although it's a grey box; the new forum CSS designers have too much fondness for that shade of off-white in my opinion). → In the "Recipient" field, you just start typing the display name; the interface will fill in the rest (it's pretty slick actually).

> @Exiled.5781 said:

> After my last post I am now able to see the message part on persons profile page.So thanks to all that helped with topic and to get my post count up =)

Gz! :+1:

Plus, we now know what advice to give people who ask, "how do I unlock the personal message feature?"

> ...close your eyes and tap your heels together three four times while replying to yourself , 'there's no place like the GW2 forums'.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> You do need a certain rank or number of days that you post. Not sure what the exact requirements are. Once you get the ability you can click on the person’s avatar then on the right hand side of that page there is the word message. You click on that to get to the message site.

It believe it has to do with the Thumbs -ups as I already have that feature unlocked. My rank is merely "Member" (2 stars), so I doubt it's that (I don't even know what influences the so-called rank).

> @Ashantara.8731 said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > You do need a certain rank or number of days that you post. Not sure what the exact requirements are. Once you get the ability you can click on the person’s avatar then on the right hand side of that page there is the word message. You click on that to get to the message site.

>

> It believe it has to do with the Thumbs -ups as I already have that feature unlocked. My rank is merely "Member" (2 stars), so I doubt it's that (I don't even know what influences the so-called rank).

From the discussion above it’s 3 days and 5 posts and then messaging unlocks.

• 3 months later...