[Spoiler] Kralkatorrik looks very nice but kinda smaller than I imagined

Evil.1580

@"Donari.5237" "The point is that some people read the whole thing at once. We -can't- not see the rest of it after the first word"

Yes that point has been made very well and my point is this. That is on you guys not the OP he/she was considerate enough to put spoiler in the thread to begin with as the literal first word of the thread.

That being said I am semi curious how people are calling it a spoiler to begin with the thread title says Kralkatorrik and discusses its size that's it ...and the expansion PoF was kinda sold on the concept that Kralkatorrik would be involved considering balthazar was going to the crystal desert to kill it to begin with its kind of a given Kralkatorrik would make an appearance so I am kind of confused. Yet with all this fixation on the name Kralkatorrik people couldn't fixate on the spoiler part that was right before it.

The thread title doesn't mention where or when Kralkatorrik was encountered or what happened it merely mentions its name and the size regarding its appearance.To be completely honest imo the OP was too kind putting a spoiler alert in the title because people still managed to look past it and complain as if they weren't fairly made aware that Kralkatorrik's name would come up which is hardly a spoiler if anything its a reminder at best.

Now that being said if I come off as an asshole that is because when people like the OP go out their way to put spoiler alert in the thread and people still complain about spoilers like they weren't reasonably notified that just baffles my mind. Not to mention all of this is taking place because certain people choose to read a certain way that seems to be backfiring on them yet they are expecting the OP to be more accommodating when he/she was already more than reasonable enough in that regard.

A clear example of someone going out their way to be nice and fair while giving an inch and special snowflakes wanting a foot and instead saying your inch isn't enough for us because after all were special snowflakes and we read a certain way either by choice or habit but you still owe us either way.

Whether you agree with my point of view or not here are the facts you cannot deny.

*(1) The word spoiler was put in the thread title to forewarn any person who might feel like something was ruined for them it was literally the first word

in the thread*

*(2) The so called actual "spoiler" part in said thread title was merely the name Kralkatorrik and making mention of its size not where or when it was encountered or what may have followed afterwards also making exceptional note of the fact Kralkatorrik and Balthazar were the main foes expected to be in the PoF expansion as it has a lot to do with them one might argue its even about them specifically and thus it would be reasonable to expect they would both be encountered eventually.*

I see your point, and will note that I wasn't terribly spoilered since I'd already done the story and you are right, the fact that we see Kralk is a minor spoiler anyway.

The point I was making was a little more general. People who read voraciously are likely to see all the words in a short line of black text on white background without any effort on their part. Putting the substance of the spoiler in an easily visible spot vastly dilutes the effectiveness of the "spoiler" tag at the start. The purpose of a spoiler warning is to tell readers not to click open the hidden info, an action they must affirmatively take after receiving the warning before they see the spoiler material. Nothing about a thread title is hidden, so it is polite to avoid plastering secret info across space one must pass ones eyes on the way to viewing the rest of the forum threads.

I honestly can't fathom how anyone could completely avoid seeing a title just because the first word is "Spoiler." My eyes and brain don't work like that. No harm no foul in this thread, but some of the opinions stated mean people could drop some real spoiler bombs later and claim "I said spoiler before I rushed into the reveals." @"Gaile Gray.6029" could you perhaps give a policy statement on this? It's not a Code of Conduct issue (unless it is deliberately and maliciously done, certainly not the case here). I know you've said some things in the past about asking people to avoid spoilers.