How are people making gold these days?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far from my experience. Whenever you see leather farmin in lake doric.... go there immediately. By far its better then others to get gold however its not as consistent. Since not everyday you will find a tag thats farming leather in lake doric.

Fractals.....

If you know how to raid and find a great crew its raids. Otherwise avoid for it can take couple hours to finish vs fractals doing 5 fracs and getting like 5, 6 gold.

Also silverwastes. if you **(Aren't)** crafting, buy medium crafting bags with laurels and sell the mats.

> @"killermanjaro.5670" said:

> > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > I sell gifts of mastery xD very easy.

>

> How much do you normally get for them?

Depending the market of legendaries, I sell for 500-600g. I usually do 500g because my supplier gives me the mystic coins to make clovers.

Easy 1k a month, for hardly any work

> @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > @"killermanjaro.5670" said:

> > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > I sell gifts of mastery xD very easy.

> >

> > How much do you normally get for them?

>

> Depending the market of legendaries, I sell for 500-600g. I usually do 500g because my supplier gives me the mystic coins to make clovers.

> Easy 1k a month, for hardly any work

Only problem is it requires world completion, which is a pretty huge upfront time requirement before you get anything for it. Also you have to find a reliable buyer who you trust and who trusts you.

Still if you have that I can see it working well.

> @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > @"killermanjaro.5670" said:

> > > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > > I sell gifts of mastery xD very easy.

> > >

> > > How much do you normally get for them?

> >

> > Depending the market of legendaries, I sell for 500-600g. I usually do 500g because my supplier gives me the mystic coins to make clovers.

> > Easy 1k a month, for hardly any work

>

> Only problem is it requires world completion, which is a pretty huge upfront time requirement before you get anything for it. Also you have to find a reliable buyer who you trust and who trusts you.

>

> Still if you have that I can see it working well.

If you hardcore it, its only 10-12 hours. That's a weekend. Which is why I do it monthly.

I have connections and its very lucrative, considering you can do a map a day playing casually. Throw on YouTube or music and you're golden.

> > @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > > @"killermanjaro.5670" said:

> > > > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > > > I sell gifts of mastery xD very easy.

> > > >

> > > > How much do you normally get for them?

> > >

> > > Depending the market of legendaries, I sell for 500-600g. I usually do 500g because my supplier gives me the mystic coins to make clovers.

> > > Easy 1k a month, for hardly any work

> >

> > Only problem is it requires world completion, which is a pretty huge upfront time requirement before you get anything for it. Also you have to find a reliable buyer who you trust and who trusts you.

> >

> > Still if you have that I can see it working well.

>

> If you hardcore it, its only 10-12 hours. That's a weekend. Which is why I do it monthly.

> I have connections and its very lucrative, considering you can do a map a day playing casually. Throw on YouTube or music and you're golden.

Wow haha. I’m not that hardcore. Took me a year to do world completion haha. Of course I only did a little at a time when I wasn’t doing pvp. I’m sure it would go a lot faster when I do it again.

> > @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > > @"killermanjaro.5670" said:

> > > > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > > > I sell gifts of mastery xD very easy.

> > > >

> > > > How much do you normally get for them?

> > >

> > > Depending the market of legendaries, I sell for 500-600g. I usually do 500g because my supplier gives me the mystic coins to make clovers.

> > > Easy 1k a month, for hardly any work

> >

> > Only problem is it requires world completion, which is a pretty huge upfront time requirement before you get anything for it. Also you have to find a reliable buyer who you trust and who trusts you.

> >

> > Still if you have that I can see it working well.

>

> If you hardcore it, its only 10-12 hours. That's a weekend. Which is why I do it monthly.

> I have connections and its very lucrative, considering you can do a map a day playing casually. Throw on YouTube or music and you're golden.

12 hrs for world completion?! How???

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > > > @"killermanjaro.5670" said:

> > > > > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > > > > I sell gifts of mastery xD very easy.

> > > > >

> > > > > How much do you normally get for them?

> > > >

> > > > Depending the market of legendaries, I sell for 500-600g. I usually do 500g because my supplier gives me the mystic coins to make clovers.

> > > > Easy 1k a month, for hardly any work

> > >

> > > Only problem is it requires world completion, which is a pretty huge upfront time requirement before you get anything for it. Also you have to find a reliable buyer who you trust and who trusts you.

> > >

> > > Still if you have that I can see it working well.

> >

> > If you hardcore it, its only 10-12 hours. That's a weekend. Which is why I do it monthly.

> > I have connections and its very lucrative, considering you can do a map a day playing casually. Throw on YouTube or music and you're golden.

>

> 12 hrs for world completion?! How???

Mounts pretty much made it possible. Skip events and nodes, once you figure out a route its pretty easy. I take my time with it though, I've managed it in 14 hours but I have a friend who tried to see how much hardcoreing he could do.

I don't hoard gold. Don't need much to get around in GW2.

Usually, when I want something, say a Legendary or some other time/mat/gold sink, I assess what needs to be done, what mats I will need, check for time gates, check for collections or other things that are required and chose what appeals as the most time efficient route to take.

If I need raw gold, I turn to fractals. Doing t4+rec nets 10-20g/day, takes me about 1.5hrs, and has a high chance to drop other stuff that is either useful on its own(gear boxes, relics) or sells good on the TP(matrices, mystic coins). Also if your group takes that extra minute or two to actually kill a few mobs, you get some extra mats and bags out of your runs.

If I needed mats I'd go to Istan right now. I guess it's profitable for the gold as well, but the shipments let you chose wich mats you get for your magic. Right now I'm there to get the trophy-mats for 3 more Gifts of Prosperity and it's the fastest I've been farming these mats ever. Istan also provides lots of Ectos and other crafting mats from salvaging. I don't sell much of the things I get in Istan, I'm there for the mats.

The RIBA maps are also still worth it I guess, but I've never gotten into that and it just seems so hectic and chaotic with the mounts. Good in small doses...

Never played the TP as I never felt the urge to be super rich, super fast. I'd always rather take an extra shift at work and convert the money to gems to gold in cases where I thought I needed something fast/now.

Also, gw2efficiency is your friend. Most of the things I gather, I bank and lose track of, if it's not something I need. So it's worth to look at your bank and storage every now and then to see if there is something worth selling.