PVE chronomance open word solo build

lagrimabendita.8763

Chronomancer is fantastic at solo open world stuff. You have a lot of ways to prevent damage and a lot of ways to deal area damage, which can help a lot in fights against multiple enemies.

My suggestion for an open world Chronomancer is to go for a Power build. Wear Berserker's stat or Marauder's stat equipment, or a mix to get you to a point where you're comfortable with how much max health you have. Marauder's is similar to Berserker's, but trades some damage stats for Vitality. It's great for open world until you get a hang of all of Chronomancer's ways to avoid damage entirely.

Weapon-wise, I'd suggest sword/sword in one set and sword/shield in the other to maximize your blocking potential. Sword is easily our best Power weapon. If you feel the need to bring a ranged option, trade one of those sets for greatsword (up to you--sword has a stronger phantasm, but you're going to shatter a lot in open world anyway, while shield has the better block and an AoE stun).

For traits, I'd suggest Dueling (Desperate Decoy, Fencer's Finesse, Superiority Complex) and obviously Chronomancer (All's Well that Ends Well, Improved Alacrity, Chronophantasma). For the last trait line, it's your choice between Illusions and Domination--both are good for open world. For Illusions, take Compounding Power, Phantasmal Haste, and Master of Fragmentation; for Domination, take Empowered Illusions, Blurred Inscriptions, and Mental Anguish.

I run sword sword scepter shield for challenging situations bc scepter and shield allows extra low cd blocks while staying at range, sword 2 sword 4 scepter 2 shield 4 are incredible, plus your wells and so on. Constant blocks and shatters for aoe and hard hitting sword Phantasm. I stay on sword sword most of the time. Considering just going sword sword scepter sword. But feel free to swap out for aoe and pull focus, or more daze and safe phantasm with pistol. I like to go Illusions and Inspiration , bc expansion content has a lot of conditions and hard hitting mobs or champ solo situations where constant shatters for aoe, alacrity and heal/condi cleanse helps a whole lot. So I run full glass build and don't have problems with survivability due to those shatters.

[This is something I've been messing around with](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhEQRAsd8ensIClohtfC+fCEgiFVjiMAGhdqOZn2qtsDKhBA-jxRBQBXZ/R53CPIAA4JAQJ1fwj+HzoE8BnAAA-ev "This is something I've been messing around with") in open world since Ember Bay or so, and increases to our damage throughout the last year have made it a lot better. The idea is to reduce the amount of time on summoning, and frontload your damage through Tides of Time (plus Sigil of Draining), Power Block, and Superiority Complex. I often swap the utilities/traits when needed (Furious Interruption in place of Blurred Inscriptions; Mantra of Distraction when facing multiple groups), but this is a general foundation. The new Sigil of Severance (bonus precision and ferocity on interrupt) looks to be a promising alternative to Draining, though I have yet to find one in PoF.

Pull enemies into a nice cluster with Temporal Curtain, stun them with Tides of Time (triggering Superiority Complex), unleash a Mantra of Pain while enemies are stunned for added vulnerability (plus extra damage from Domination), immobilize them with iLeap/Swap, then Blurred Frenzy plus Mind Wrack. If your foes are still alive (they'll certainly be under 50 percent health to enable Superiority Complex again), you can mop them up with utilities like Mantra of Pain, wells, etc. If you have PoF, you can also use the springer's cannonball to knockdown enemies that are already tightly grouped.