Raid Tank?

You just have to be the highest toughness in your group to be the tank... In pugs I just run full Giver+Minstrel to play it suuuuuuuuuuuuper safe, but that's overkill. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are people out there that tank with like 1005 toughness (1 toughness infusion) since everyone else will not have any toughness at all.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> You just have to be the highest toughness in your group to be the tank... In pugs I just run full Giver+Minstrel to play it suuuuuuuuuuuuper safe, but that's overkill. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are people out there that tank with like 1005 toughness (1 toughness infusion) since everyone else will not have any toughness at all.

That assumption on this forum is pretty dangerous.

Some builds bring traits that increase toughness, for example firebrand minor trait adds 250 on quickness. Heal renegade brings 100 or 120 in salvation, just for daring to bring salvation traitline. Condi weaver is the worst offender, thankfully that build is pretty rare.

If you dont plan on facetanking all hits, you can go as low with your toughness to just have 1 toughness higher than the second highest. If you are relatively new to tanking and dont yet know all the "tricks" (like standing in hitbox to avoid hits, blocking critical attacks, sidestepping xera blurred frenzy etc) then givers+minstrel is advisable.

As to which class, all support builds can tank. Some have an easier time of it (chrono, fb and renegade) because they have blocks, but its not really needed.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> You just have to be the highest toughness in your group to be the tank... In pugs I just run full Giver+Minstrel to play it suuuuuuuuuuuuper safe, but that's overkill. In fact, > I'm pretty sure there are people out there that tank with like 1005 toughness (1 toughness infusion) since everyone else will not have any toughness at all.

Can confirm. I tank most bosses with 1005 toughness in my static.

On some bosses like KC or Dhuum you need more, since Power Soulbeast and Condi Renegade get some toughness.

In pugs im rarely allowed to go that low sadly :/

Remember to toughness check as a tank, especially in Pugs. There may be other support roles that bring some toughness for easy survival (for example kiters), or people with remnant archaic builds (leadership rune), and most of all, other classes with toughness in traits as mentioned above. Be flexible enough to accommodate and you'll be happy raiding. Don't be that guy who jumps into a group and demand to tank with 1005 toughness regardless of the comp. I usually invite those kinds of guys out of my raid group.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:

> I have a question which class is the tank in raids now ? I'm bit confused I went through the SC homepage there were a few build for kiting but is there no dedicated tank anymore or I'm blind ?

Support Chrono is the most played tank class, however you could tank on a healing firebrand (with minstrel gear). I've been tanking Xera, VG, Deimos (well pretty much any tankable boss on it, and it works great) It's also much safer than chrono in a lot of cases. Like on Xera you almost can't wipe with a healing firebrand as tank