Scourge is Broken in WvW, Please balance it

momophily.3814

> @"Threather.9354" said:

> Eh condi scourge gets pretty well shut down by virtues firebrand + rev + holo or shoutbreaker party now meaning scourges cant really run full trailblazer anymore against competent enemies. Also you cant really stack scourges anymore because enemy having a few competent boonshare chronos means them pulling 4-5 scourges every 25 seconds to a bomb due to lack of stab and AoE stunbreaks. Anet did really well buffing the other specs (engi, war, rev) to shut condi meta down and nerfing scourge at the same patches.

>

> Its still pretty annoying for ranged though because as caster it kind of counters staff eles and revenants due to their lack of cleanse, guess casters just need a melee party and people need to ball up a bit more (and stop playing selfish specs).

The thing is a lot of meta scourges are doing enofe power dmg to make it impossible for clear builds to comply stop there dmg. That and scourges aoe barrier may not be a viable healing on its own (its very close with no healing) but when you get more then one scourge and due to there 10 target cap you start to hard counter any type of incoming dmg more for burst dmg classes like eles and revs what should be a hard counter for a mid ranged low mobility class like scourge.

Its the inflated target cap that scourge has that lets groups stack the class hitting both there pt and others with its effects. You start getting more then one version of the same effect from different players making non support builds support effect unstoppable.

Its just not fun to see nothing but yellow numbers even if they are 7k+ but it means nothing at all when the barrier is simply reapplied in a hart beat. (I would kind of like to see dps in wvw not counting barrier dmg at all and see what type of "top dps" we will see from classes.)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like it's only gotten worse.. Well of Suffering now applies twice as many vuln and has even shorter cooldown, as it wasn't bad enough with 15+ scourges in a zerg.. now your vuln goes up even twice as fast and with shades hitting you with cripple and torment, not to mention if traited Unending Corruption removing 1 boon for 3 people x 15 people say using the same ability. That's Stability removed on at least 45 people.. RIP any melee..

> @"Vegeta.2563" said:

> I feel like it's only gotten worse.. Well of Suffering now applies twice as many vuln and has even shorter cooldown, as it wasn't bad enough with 15+ scourges in a zerg.. now your vuln goes up even twice as fast and with shades hitting you with cripple and torment, not to mention if traited Unending Corruption removing 1 boon for 3 people x 15 people say using the same ability. That's Stability removed on at least 45 people.. RIP any melee..

Unending Corruption only corrupts boons on those in the newest shade's area (the one being placed). It does not corrupt boons around the Scourge and in all other shades.

Boon corruption is also random, so if those 45 people had just one other boon on them besides Stability, on average 22 people would still have Stability. If they had two boons besides Stability, 30 people on average are still protected by Stability.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> as long as bomb as one exists (ts coordinated group) any setup will be op.

Yes but when 1 scourge can hit 10 targets you start to push the game into scourge being the only viable bomb class. On top of that scourge being a support and a dmg bomb at the same time makes it all the worst. Ppl talked a long time about upping the target caps on dmg and support skills and this is what ends up happening every one has barrier to near cap all the time and every one is always getting hit by a bomb effect. I think the support side is the worst of it more then the dmg side as no non scourge can put as much of an impact on 5 targets at a time then a scourge supporting 10 targets at a time.

Hello all. I currently playing necro scourge. Iam still new to this. Should i use power or condition? What skills dhould i use? Is power better or is condition better? I am alost at 500 gor my tailoring. What armor should i make. For my necro. Currently my cond damage is 1600. Good or bad? I really need help with a proper setup of my char. What weapons do i need to get and runes and sigils? My life is around 30k. But seems iam not so strong.

regards

> @"Kuifster.1504" said:

> Hello all. I currently playing necro scourge. Iam still new to this. Should i use power or condition? What skills dhould i use? Is power better or is condition better? I am alost at 500 gor my tailoring. What armor should i make. For my necro. Currently my cond damage is 1600. Good or bad? I really need help with a proper setup of my char. What weapons do i need to get and runes and sigils? My life is around 30k. But seems iam not so strong.

>

> regards

Could start on Meta battle, but the problem there is you really need to tweak it.

Better answer is to join a WvW focused guild, and let them guide you. Of course...., that presents its own challenges. I would start with the guild.

> @"Vegeta.2563" said:

> I feel like it's only gotten worse.. Well of Suffering now applies twice as many vuln and has even shorter cooldown, as it wasn't bad enough with 15+ scourges in a zerg.. now your vuln goes up even twice as fast and with shades hitting you with cripple and torment, not to mention if traited Unending Corruption removing 1 boon for 3 people x 15 people say using the same ability. That's Stability removed on at least 45 people.. RIP any melee..

Well of Suffering?? Which scourge would use that?? Not me or any other in our guild group..... and given that scourge relies on that same stability that the melee have....rip scourge too. Hard to cast anything when cc'd as a scourge. Scourges die just as fast/faster than melee....a fact which people seem not to acknowledge or accept. Even if they survive....they can't get away.

> @"Kuifster.1504" said:

> Hello all. I currently playing necro scourge. Iam still new to this. Should i use power or condition? What skills dhould i use? Is power better or is condition better? I am alost at 500 gor my tailoring. What armor should i make. For my necro. Currently my cond damage is 1600. Good or bad? I really need help with a proper setup of my char. What weapons do i need to get and runes and sigils? My life is around 30k. But seems iam not so strong.

>

> regards

do you have a wvw guild? if not, join one. players thete cab mentor you