WvW content that can be soloed

GW Noob.6038

> @"StrawHat.2639" said:

> Ugg tell Anet to stop locking items that people want/need behind PvE content. Problem solved times 2!

> Ty!

All MMO's are first, and foremost, PvE games with PvP content added on to attract as many people as possible...the PvP community is only a very small subgroup within the much larger whole. In other words: the majority of MMO players don't do PvP content.

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> @idolin.2831 That doesn't come up in my search results. What search terms are you using? When I type in "aw" a list of 6 Awakened weapons appears....why would the others be hidden from view (Anet?)? When I type in "Awakened greatsword" I get the same 6 weapons as before, but no greatsword.

>

>

>

uhm just a little quesiton: do you select 'weapons' category before you type it in?

because then it will also activate the filter for your profession and this filter is for core profession. so if your core profession cannot use it , you wont see it. you can remove the filter above the searchresults. or type in 'aw' without selecting any category at all.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> uhm just a little quesiton: do you select 'weapons' category before you type it in?

I did a general search in the weapons category...which produced the aforementioned results.

> because then it will also activate the filter for your profession and this filter is for core profession. so if your core profession cannot use it , you wont see it. you can remove the filter above the searchresults. or type in 'aw' without selecting any category at all.

All of my searches were carried out by either my Soulbeast main, or by my Reaper.

Well, that's odd. I just did an unfiltered search on my Ele. All I did was type "Awakened Greatsword" into the main search box and the top result was that weapon, over 8000 available starting at 40 silver.

As for the wider question of whether you should be PvEing in WvW, you should do as you darn well please! If the game mode was so popular you were taking up a place a dedicated world vs worlder could use then i suppose it might be an issue but it's been many years since we've had that kind of population. I would say any warm body out there retaking camps and sentry points should be welcome, whatever their motivation. It all helps the greater cause for those of us who still care about the match result and even for those who don't, it's handy to have supply and scouts that mark the enemy.

> @"Tiny Doom.4380" said:

> Well, that's odd. I just did an unfiltered search on my Ele. All I did was type "Awakened Greatsword" into the main search box and the top result was that weapon, over 8000 available starting at 40 silver.

>

> As for the wider question of whether you should be PvEing in WvW, you should do as you darn well please! If the game mode was so popular you were taking up a place a dedicated world vs worlder could use then i suppose it might be an issue but it's been many years since we've had that kind of population. I would say any warm body out there retaking camps and sentry points should be welcome, whatever their motivation. It all helps the greater cause for those of us who still care about the match result and even for those who don't, it's handy to have supply and scouts that mark the enemy.

The only time I ever see queues on more than one map is Friday (NA EST) night shortly after weekly reset. Any other time there _might_ be an EBG queue, or most likely none at all.

> @"Tiny Doom.4380" said:

> Well, that's odd. I just did an unfiltered search on my Ele. All I did was type "Awakened Greatsword" into the main search box and the top result was that weapon, over 8000 available starting at 40 silver.

Very odd indeed. I was finally able to get to it by typing "aw" in the search box under the 'Greatsword' subcategory.

> As for the wider question of whether you should be PvEing in WvW, you should do as you darn well please! If the game mode was so popular you were taking up a place a dedicated world vs worlder could use then i suppose it might be an issue but it's been many years since we've had that kind of population. I would say any warm body out there retaking camps and sentry points should be welcome, whatever their motivation. It all helps the greater cause for those of us who still care about the match result and even for those who don't, it's handy to have supply and scouts that mark the enemy.

That's precisely my attitude. I am helping the greater cause by retaking camps, shrines, and sentry points, and by disrupting enemy supply lines. That's the best I can do for now. I do have plans for future forays into WvW game mode, however...I'm developing my Deadeye Thief as a dedicated WvW character and I'm perfecting her build to that end.

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> I want to get started in WvW but I don't have much time to devote to it ATM. As you well know, many of the activities in GW2 are on timers and I always try to do all the ones that I like....world bosses, treasure hunts in the Crystal Desert, etc.. That, plus the fact that I have to spend many hours farming mats each day, means that I have little time left over for other things. What are some good activities that I can do on my own that will help me to get exp toward my reward track? I need to be able to pop in, do the activity and pop back out again...throughout the day I usually have between 3-4 periods of 20 mins to one hour that I could do these activities. Thanks in advance, guy's!

If you can only spend 20mins to an hour in WvW and want to play more solo, you should snipe dolyaks carrying supplies to enemy structures, and cap camps, it boggles my mind sometimes that people on chat will be shouting x is nearly T3 yet they wont decap the 2 camps feeding that structure, slowing down that upgrading of a tower/keep can be the difference in capping it, or fighting hours to try and cap it, as when something hits T3, and gets sieged up it becomes a pain,

When im not on tag or me and a few guildies are playing, we usually spend time capping the camps and sniping the dolyaks to slow down enemy progression.

I would recommend though if you can to follow a tag for the first few times so you can see maybe the best way to get around a map, and or to get the participation up to T6, this will allow you to gain max rewards per tick, once you get to T6 you can maintain it with sniping camps etc.

> @"sarkysek.1085" said:

> > @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > I want to get started in WvW but I don't have much time to devote to it ATM. As you well know, many of the activities in GW2 are on timers and I always try to do all the ones that I like....world bosses, treasure hunts in the Crystal Desert, etc.. That, plus the fact that I have to spend many hours farming mats each day, means that I have little time left over for other things. What are some good activities that I can do on my own that will help me to get exp toward my reward track? I need to be able to pop in, do the activity and pop back out again...throughout the day I usually have between 3-4 periods of 20 mins to one hour that I could do these activities. Thanks in advance, guy's!

>

> I'd say stay away from our gamemode if you don't want to actively participate in it :) We don't want PvE leechers in WvW :P

Lol, most players in WvW now days are "PvE Leechers". Or were before they found out they actually liked WvW. Your attitude is very short sighted.