wondering about last 2 expansions.

why the maps are so awfull? yes im aware some people like it, some hate it.

i hate it.

A) there is barely any freaking mobs cant farm anything without having to run all over the place where is good old cursed shore maps?

B) its a freaking puzzle to go around instead of making neat flat map without freaking portals that i cant use cus no mastery or some kind of mount that i dont have to reach X point?

i just dont want to do all these things above i never spend any time in HoT maps now i tried spend good hour in new map trying to grab some quick hero points but nope some of em i cant even reach cus i dont have X mount or dont have mastery or im just to freaking bored to find that 1 entrance hidden away in middle of freaking "jumping puzzle" (yes i dont like jumping around trying to find a hole to get through a wall/mountain w/e)

the old gw2 maps are so much more superior to HoT and PoF update they also block off certain ways but atleast u didnt had to search for ages to find a entrance or needed shitty mastery to enter or some dumb mount.

just comon i know many more people are hyped about this patch/expansion but i feel like gw2 is going down hill for me it feels like playing some super mario game, cus eventually in ur huge ass empty maps im getting squeezed to that 1 point that i have to go thru in order to progress mmo bro's i want freedom i dont wanna follow something u created no1 should have to follow anything in a mmo there should always be multiple ways not that 1 freaking entrance.

just look at WvW every1 dislike red borderland because its forcing u to walk X path while people dont wanna be forced to walk X path when there could be 1000 roads to same objective nope we are Anet we give u a monster map but when it comes to point we like to ram u into that mini cliff forcing u to follow that road.

no thnx i seriously hope next "expansion" ull use OPEN maps with SHIT LOADS OF MOBS (aka OLD cursed shore, so not cursed shore u have now which is btw still better then all crap expansion maps ;))

"there is barely any freaking mobs cant farm anything without having to run all over the place"

You can't move through the northern half of the Crystal Oasis map without bumping into 5,000 sand sharks. Eastern side of the map is full of Forged baddies; the area where you do the story chapter there is always full. And have you even BEEN to The Desolation yet? The biggest complaint people have there seems to be "I can never get far enough away from mobs to mount up again."

I just completely disagree to be honest. The HoT maps required you to become truly immersed and rewarded more veteran players who had learned the map. The maps have more longevity this way, and reward a whole new kind of skill: orienteering yourself. The old maps were very bland, not exciting to navigate. Seems like you're craving further simplicity but I'm not sure why, but perhaps you should just learn some patience and try not to get so frustrated. It doesn't take long for you to get those mastery abilities in all honesty.

I'm pretty sure these new maps are as close to core Tyria as you will ever see in GW2. Map design aside, as far as mob density goes, well it varies. Sure there are places where you don't run into a lot, and that's good. There are also places where I can barely make it to the other side without being swarmed. Fight in those areas and you will never find yourself looking for a fight.

> @MachineManXX.9746 said:

> I'm pretty sure these new maps are as close to core Tyria as you will ever see in GW2. Map design aside, as far as mob density goes, well it varies. Sure there are places where you don't run into a lot, and that's good. There are also places where I can barely make it to the other side without being swarmed. Fight in those areas and you will never find yourself looking for a fight.

well i just rage logged off in elona??? map cus i got bored of trying to reach 3 skill points which where blocked off by huge wall same feeling i had in HoT maps constantly being forced to go through cliffs and use glide things etc.

i just wanna run and smash mobs like most mmo's now i do admit i mainly play WvW but i seriously miss good old Cursed shore maps

I feel like if these are your complaints, GW2 may not be the game for you. The point of the expansions is to give you endgame progression, so of course there'll be things blocked off at first. The point is that it's that much more satisfying once you can access previously blocked off things. GW2 is primarily about exploration, at least in PvE, so if that isn't your cup of tea I recommend looking elsewhere. If constantly grinding mobs is what you like, may I recommend MapleStory?