So whats the difference between a mount and a golem?

Belorn.2659

We have all seen the trailer, but is there any information given that said you need or don't need supply, tactic activator, or that it can or can't be destroyed/disabled by damage or disablers?

Assuming it either cost supply or an activator, from what I have seen we are getting a new type of siege golem with new fancy animations, customizable skin (something people have requested in the past for siege weapons), and maybe a leap skill? As far as abilities it seems to be something between anti-player and siege, so basically a improved alpha Siege Golem which can target doors and leap onto players.

I have a feeling that the mount will do much less damage than a golem against structures. They will also melt to any damage (just like all mounts do).

One player with an AC will probably be able to dismount all players using mounts against a lightly guarded structure,, but any golems will push right through.

Ultimately, the real difference will be in unguarded structures and lower population servers. I think this is a good change, as allowing smaller and more casual groups to capture t1s or even just PPT is good for injecting new blood into this game mode.

There will be very little difference in guarded structures with AC fields.

> @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> I have a feeling that the mount will do much less damage than a golem against structures. They will also melt to any damage (just like all mounts do).

>

> One player with an AC will probably be able to dismount all players using mounts against a lightly guarded structure,, but any golems will push right through.

>

> Ultimately, the real difference will be in unguarded structures and lower population servers. I think this is a good change, as allowing smaller and more casual groups to capture t1s or even just PPT is good for injecting new blood into this game mode.

>

> There will be very little difference in guarded structures with AC fields.

This actually likely going to work more against capturing structures than it would for small groups trying to take them. Enemy groups can now arrive that much faster to defend. I'm just thinking for example here, 1 scout in Redlake tower sees a small group of players on mounts heading over the bridge which likely is to hills. The scout makes a call out, and the time it takes defenders to arrive at hills will now be far less than it was previous. With mounts it should make defending structures far easier.