Warclaw to discourage new WvW players?

I don't get to play GW2 much anymore, and I'm primarily a PvE player anyway. I currently hate going to WvW, because I try to do stuff solo and just get murdered by people. Now with a new mount -- regardless of how difficult it is to obtain -- it is going to be even moreso of a detriment to WvW n00bs, because they most definitely won't have the ability to get the mount. This is compounded by the fact that WvW has requirements in it that are needed to build legendary weapons. And now that is going to suck even more. I keep reading that people are going to leave WvW (or GW2 entirely) because of mounts in WvW. But that seems far less worrisome than never getting new players into WvW, even veteran PvE players.

The entire premise of GW2 when it started was that it was going to be a game that you could login for a few hours every so often, and still enjoy. And that has gone by the wayside more and more, unfortunately.

> @"Darkvramp.5640" said:

> agreed, its made the mode more exclusive, less inclusive, and potentially ruins the balance of WvW. Especially if you have to own one of the expansions to play. I think people can agree that WvW needs something, but most of us would agree its not this.

This an issue with expansions and WvW in general isn’t it? If you enjoy the game, why wouldn’t you support it by purchasing expansions, especially when they go on sale and in bundles?

> @"Fullmetal Chocobo.8067" said:

> I don't get to play GW2 much anymore, and I'm primarily a PvE player anyway. I currently hate going to WvW, because I try to do stuff solo and just get murdered by people. Now with a new mount -- regardless of how difficult it is to obtain -- it is going to be even moreso of a detriment to WvW n00bs, because they most definitely won't have the ability to get the mount.

"Newbs" can follow a commander tag during prime hours and do just fine. In fact, typically the fastest way to make WxP is to follow around a tag. Why would a new average player think they can run around solo in a hostile environment and do well against players that have played the game mode nearly non-stop since release? “One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep.”

> @"loafylemon.2156" said:

> I personally think it will attract more people into WvW, lets be honest, having to spam swiftness for 5 minutes just to be oneshoted by a mesmer right before reaching your destination sucks. Right now WvW is literally a Forest Gump simulator, mounts will definitely make the game feel more fluid and dynamic.

It is calles roaming and it is ART! Jokes aside, i am very curious how the mounts will turn out and i truly believe they might single handedly revive the interest in wvw. With all the (mostly butthurt and ignorant) negative feedback that immediately exploded over here I cant help to think that somewhere at anet currently rolls his eyes so hard that his whole dev team fainted.