Roaming specs really need a nerf?

whoknocks.4935

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > They should leave pvp balance completely separated from wvw.

> >

> > What do you guys think?

>

> Due to the nature of WvW, that with fights rarely being fair in numbers and using PvE gears and utilities, I don't think it makes any sense to try to balance what is by nature imbalanced.

>

> Roamers engaging 1 against 1 is pretty much the only place where one can care about balance, and that's already happening in PvP.

>

> If it were up to me, I would do all balance in PvP, and remove as many of the skill splits as possible. For PvE, the only considerations I would have is to tone up/down classes based on DPS (since, sadly, for most PvE content it boils down to a DPS race, yet that's pretty much a suicide approach in PvP). Now, adjusting PvE damage without affecting PvP is where the difficulty in balancing comes from.

>

> But in brief, at least I do agree with the actual question the op posed (though I don't understand the rest of the post XD).

What I mean is:

WvW is not a roaming gamemode, it's a large fight blob vs blob zerg vs zerg place.

So what's the point of nerfing for example holosmith the same way it will get nerfed on pvp?

Holosmith see only play in roaming even tho it's a overtuned spec it does not represent a gamebreaking issue in wvw, it's just very strong at 1vs1 roaming.

Nerfing holo condi mirage and soulbeast won't solve the problem of being ganked all day, so is ot really necessary to nerf those specs just because they are too in pvp?

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> What I mean is:

>

> WvW is not a roaming gamemode, it's a large fight blob vs blob zerg vs zerg place.

>

> So what's the point of nerfing for example holosmith the same way it will get nerfed on pvp?

> Holosmith see only play in roaming even tho it's a overtuned spec it does not represent a gamebreaking issue in wvw, it's just very strong at 1vs1 roaming.

>

> Nerfing holo condi mirage and soulbeast won't solve the problem of being ganked all day, so is ot really necessary to nerf those specs just because they are too in PvP?

If roaming really didn't matter in WvW, then you should be fine with any PvP balance changes impacting it, right? since roaming really isn't what WvW is about and ANet should pay no attention to any side effects of their balancing elsewhere.

Generally speaking, it's better to keep skill splits to a minimum, makes it easier to transition from one game mode to the other when your skillset isn't performing differently based on game mode. So, usually ANet changes a skill in one game mode first, and of they deem it healthy, later they apply the change to all modes, they have done this with quite a few skills before.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Condi Mirage would technically still be better 1v1 underwater but what you gamble on is that most players cannot fight very well underwater. Get comfortable underwater with your skill bar and skill chains and you can turn fights around in a heartbeat.

Unless you are fighting a Ranger. Ranger with a decent build and half a brain is near unkillable 1v1 underwater. Even if you manage to down them, their pet will revive them. There are entire Ranger builds developed to gank and escape into the water.

> @"Straegen.2938" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > Condi Mirage would technically still be better 1v1 underwater but what you gamble on is that most players cannot fight very well underwater. Get comfortable underwater with your skill bar and skill chains and you can turn fights around in a heartbeat.

>

> Unless you are fighting a Ranger. Ranger with a decent build and half a brain is near unkillable 1v1 underwater. Even if you manage to down them, their pet will revive them. There are entire Ranger builds developed to gank and escape into the water.

>

lol no...I shred rangers underwater a lot with revenant. Even those who are getting pet rezed.

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > They should leave pvp balance completely separated from wvw.

> > >

> > > What do you guys think?

> >

> > Due to the nature of WvW, that with fights rarely being fair in numbers and using PvE gears and utilities, I don't think it makes any sense to try to balance what is by nature imbalanced.

> >

> > Roamers engaging 1 against 1 is pretty much the only place where one can care about balance, and that's already happening in PvP.

> >

> > If it were up to me, I would do all balance in PvP, and remove as many of the skill splits as possible. For PvE, the only considerations I would have is to tone up/down classes based on DPS (since, sadly, for most PvE content it boils down to a DPS race, yet that's pretty much a suicide approach in PvP). Now, adjusting PvE damage without affecting PvP is where the difficulty in balancing comes from.

> >

> > But in brief, at least I do agree with the actual question the op posed (though I don't understand the rest of the post XD).

>

> What I mean is:

>

> WvW is not a roaming gamemode, it's a large fight blob vs blob zerg vs zerg place.

Euhm?

You okay?