Newbie to GW2 needs some advice

New to GW2.

I've played up to level 20 and just purchased the expansions.

Got an 80-level increase and applied it to a character.

Now, in order to get a mount, I need to do the intro to the PoF story line.

Sorry, but I have know idea exactly where to go in this world to obtain that intro story line.

Can anyone tell me exactly where to go from here?

Thanks in Advance.

Others answered your question about where to find the quest. I just wanted to mention that if you skip ahead to PoF you're going to encounter a huge amount of story spoilers. If you're interested in story stuff I'd highly recommend trying to just level normally and go through the story chronologically. I know the mounts are super tempting but they are part of the progression system of this game not so much meant to be had from the start (like they are in most other MMO's) but earned over time. Just figured I'd warn you about that so you know what you're getting into by skipping ahead.

> @"Fay.2735" said:

> Others answered your question about where to find the quest. I just wanted to mention that if you skip ahead to PoF you're going to encounter a huge amount of story spoilers. If you're interested in story stuff I'd highly recommend trying to just level normally and go through the story chronologically. I know the mounts are super tempting but they are part of the progression system of this game not so much meant to be had from the start (like they are in most other MMO's) but earned over time. Just figured I'd warn you about that so you know what you're getting into by skipping ahead.

I hear you, and appreciate your advice.

So, I started a character and soloed it (no guild) to 20.

However, although I want to continue on with her, right now I am getting a bit antsy

about having to run everywhere, all. the. time.

I'd like to have one character with a mount, and another without, so that I can switch

back and forth with the action tempo I feel like at the time.

BTW, I do love the story line thus far.

If you get a mount on one character, all your characters on that account will forever have that mount, from the moment they leave the starting tutorial. So if you want to avoid story spoilers but still get the raptor, you can't avoid them all but you can at least close your ears and eyes to the dialogue explaining what's going on. As you are brand new to the story, seeing various random NPC characters won't be *too* much of a giveaway especially if you deliberately pay no attention to anything but the mechanics and bail out of the story as soon as raptor is unlocked. Then wanting a slower tempo will just mean not pressing the Mount button.

However, you only get your first level up learning experience once. There's a lot to see rather than rushing past it on a mount. You can rent mounts for festival races if you haven't unlocked them, albeit only basic ones without all the spiffy mastery skills. And leveling naturally to 80 and doing the story on the way won't take you years. More like weeks. If you can be patient that long, you might find you've had a much more solid starting experience. Up to you of course, only you know what satisfies you the most in a game.

> @"Kabuki Theatre.9752" said:

>

> I hear you, and appreciate your advice.

> So, I started a character and soloed it (no guild) to 20.

> However, although I want to continue on with her, right now I am getting a bit antsy

> about having to run everywhere, all. the. time.

> I'd like to have one character with a mount, and another without, so that I can switch

> back and forth with the action tempo I feel like at the time.

> BTW, I do love the story line thus far.

If you'd like to have a mount while leveling, without story spoilers, I'd recommend only doing the starting two instances of PoF to get the Raptor mount. It'll unlock for all your characters then. That's all you'll really need if you want to speed up a bit. Although to be honest, the base game is designed in such a way that you don't really need a mount.

If you really want to avoid story spoilers, you can have someone else come with you into the instances and do everything within it, while you hide all chat and turn off sound and just stare at the ground so you see and hear nothing.

It's how I got one of my friends through the mission to get the mount without any story spoilers. You'd have to be in a chat outside of the game such as Discord etc. to coordinate but it's not too difficult to do. Depends how much you care about spoilers, but the PoF first couple of missions mention some major plot twists. If you don't have anyone to help you with that I don't mind doing that for you. Wouldn't take too much time.

Thanks to all of you that posted advice here.

I got my raptor last night.

Not sure about supposed spoilers though.

The PoF intro story was mostly about hop on an aircraft,

Then kill a couple dozen bad guys, then try to kill a boss,

then kill some more bad guys, then hop around putting out fires and rescuing villagers,

and then . . . voila, you have your new mount.

Didn't see any spoilers in that run.

But, I'm happy now.