First they get rid of the employees and now it's affecting the game!

nova.6752

And so it starts first they get rid of the employees and now we start having delays on content,

It hasn't even been a couple of days since they've started getting rid of their employees and we already having release issues.

(Last week, we announced the upcoming release of our new WvW mount, the Warclaw. Unfortunately, this release will be delayed until Tuesday, March 5. In light of current events at the studio, we are taking this time to focus on our friends and colleagues. We hope you understand and we apologize for this delay. Thank you for your continued support of Guild Wars 2.)

Oh for goodness sake, we have many threads on this already.

Of course this was going to be delayed. Did anyone really think 100 people losing their jobs wasn’t going to have a short term effect?

This is unrelated to their announcement since if you read it, it says updates and ls5 will continue. It does not say alterations to schedules won’t happen.

This is a short term change to show compassion for their team who are obviously close knit. Let’s not worry about a one week delay to a video game patch.

> @"nova.6752" said:

> And so it starts first they get rid of the employees and now we start having delays on content,

> It hasn't even been a couple of days since they've started getting rid of their employees and we already having release issues.

>

> (Last week, we announced the upcoming release of our new WvW mount, the Warclaw. Unfortunately, this release will be delayed until Tuesday, March 5. In light of current events at the studio, we are taking this time to focus on our friends and colleagues. We hope you understand and we apologize for this delay. Thank you for your continued support of Guild Wars 2.)

I don't think you understand why the content was delayed.

The content of following updates is already done and finished btw

> @"nova.6752" said:

> And so it starts first they get rid of the employees and now we start having delays on content,

> It hasn't even been a couple of days since they've started getting rid of their employees and we already having release issues.

>

> (Last week, we announced the upcoming release of our new WvW mount, the Warclaw. Unfortunately, this release will be delayed until Tuesday, March 5. In light of current events at the studio, we are taking this time to focus on our friends and colleagues. We hope you understand and we apologize for this delay. Thank you for your continued support of Guild Wars 2.)

Oh no "THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!"

Everyone run, run for your lives....

It is delayed out of respect, some of those let go may well of been involved in its release and handling the "not so positive" pre release feedback, so yeah anyone with a grain of intelligence would of expected a short delay while they reshuffle priorities and responsibilities then begin to plan for the future... but out of respect at the very least I would of expected the content to be pushed back a little.. perhaps you have never had to deal with not knowing if you still had a job in the morning, not having if those co-workers in your team will be with you in the morning.. its not exactly the easiest of things to get through both for the employee and the employer.

Maybe it is because I am older, but my company has also laid people off the rest of us are still expected to make our deadlines and oh, I dunno still work. This is not accepted in the world outside of the gaming industry, why should it be ok now? Yes, they lost their jobs, but are getting paid a severance. There is no fundamental reason a company can not go on working as needed because they laid people off.

It's not the end of the world but automatically pushing stuff back could be for their game, its bad PR and right now they need all the good PR they can get.

> @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> Maybe it is because I am older, but my company has also laid people off the rest of us are still expected to make our deadlines and oh, I dunno still work. This is not accepted in the world outside of the gaming industry, why should it be ok now? Yes, they lost their jobs, but are getting paid a severance. There is no fundamental reason a company can not go on working as needed because they laid people off.

>

> It's not the end of the world but automatically pushing stuff back could be for their game, its bad PR and right now they need all the good PR they can get.

Uploading a patch isn't actually just that. There is post analytical work involved, someone needs to be overlooking how did implementation go, are there serious bugs or broken feature. Are players experiencing potential problems or tech difficulties, address bug reports.

These all require people. Considering what they just went through, it is actually quite possible no new people have been assigned to this tasks. Be patient, day or two wont increase the quality of their patch.

Honestly, I would currently prefer a statement by one of the Mikes more than a balance patch or warclaw.

> @"ilovegw.1258" said:

> Done with the game and won't come back unless they are more transparent with a clear and proper roadmap for the game. Also delaying content is exactly how apocalypse of a game starts. So it's definitely a red flag.

>

>

lw season 5 is still happening, probably gonna tie us over till 2020. or do you want to know exactly what anet is gonna do for the next 5 years so you can cry about anet breaking promises when they change something