New necromancer

Archanyx.8013

Im returning to gw2 after not playing for 2 years and am wondering how i would level up a necromancer so that i have the right skills for reaper. Are there any guides out to help with how to allocate my points? Is reaper any good right now for fractals and raids?

Reaper is better than it used to be, but still pretty meh. Lets just say it will be more difficult to find groups on a reaper. Though if you like the playstyle of the class go for it.

Just level up normally, you get all the skills in the end. Once you get to 80, go to HoT maps and join a HP train that goes around killing hero point stuff, this will let you get the full reaper spec quite quickly.

if you are power reaper you are barely viable AFTER the upcoming buffs, before and even after power reaper will still not be the best, they will be fine for regular fractals but the high tier like challenge motes and lv100 etc, bring another character. if you want condi necro/reaper/scourge, unless you are doing PVP or zerging in WVW don't even bother condi on necro is complete garbage at the time, honestly if you want to be more effective play another class, a lot of classes has builds that are stronger then necro in PVE in a lot of places

There are builds i just cant look up right now on phone. Very strong solo play because broken ass boons lol dont let anyone push you away from a class. Msg me tonight and ill be more than able to give you a couple ideas more in depth