ANet™: Split Danger Time!

Quadox.7834

You buff Moa in PvE but split it as to not affect PvP.

You nerf Danger Time in PvE but **don't** split it with PvP.

No meta build uses danger time, so nerfing it does nothing except solidify the Chronophantasma Bunker Mesmer meta. Not only that but Signet of Inspiration CD is being lowered to 20 seconds, further buffing this build.

Danger time is a bit stronger than competing traits (like Righteous Instincts), which it **should be**. Keeping a boon on yourself is **much** easier than keeping slow on the opponent in PvP because of cleanses. Danger Time has more counterplay than RI and Roiling Mists.

Split Danger Time!

When was Moa buffed? This change only undoes part of an earlier nerf, that hardly constitutes a buff dude.

In terms of breakbar dmg / second, in PvE Moa actually does **_LESS_** than it did prior to the change that nerfed its breakbar dmg to 600. Its still all around worse than it was before that change was made several patches ago. Ans as for splitting that change, well that's just a dumb split anyway.

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> When was Moa buffed? This change only undoes part of an earlier nerf, that hardly constitutes a buff dude.

>

> In terms of breakbar dmg / second, in PvE Moa actually does **_LESS_** than it did prior to the change that nerfed its breakbar dmg to 600. Its still all around worse than it was before that change was made several patches ago. Ans as for splitting that change, well that's just a dumb split anyway.

Thanks for the agreement.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> I already lost count to the amout of stuff nerfed on mesmer because of pve.

? And where is the problem ? How I understand the main idea - is nerf mesmer in pve, but not in pvp.

And this is right. Now on pt creation mesmer mostly exist. How I understand the requirement is make it less or eliminate from party at all and make setup heal rev + heal fb pug's accepted.

Ofc soi nerf make it more dependable from well's, and with social awaykness on real boss put this small ring and wait tick nr 3 on 3/5 mostly impossible. But who care ?

If u realy interested play as chrno - take this broken soi as gift and ask why?

why well size not increased, and for exsapmle make it social awayknes useless at all.

why, like most mechanic in gw2, that well ticks in not splited as: first tick buff, second - damage, 3 - debuff

and more other 'why'

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > I already lost count to the amout of stuff nerfed on mesmer because of pve.

> ? And where is the problem ? How I understand the main idea - is nerf mesmer in pve, but not in pvp.

> And this is right. Now on pt creation mesmer mostly exist. How I understand the requirement is make it less or eliminate from party at all and make setup heal rev + heal fb pug's accepted.

>

> Ofc soi nerf make it more dependable from well's, and with social awaykness on real boss put this small ring and wait tick nr 3 on 3/5 mostly impossible. But who care ?

>

> If u realy interested play as chrno - take this broken soi as gift and ask why?

> why well size not increased, and for exsapmle make it social awayknes useless at all.

> why, like most mechanic in gw2, that well ticks in not splited as: first tick buff, second - damage, 3 - debuff

> and more other 'why'

What are you talking about?

In case you misunderstood me all I was saying is nerf skills/traits that affect pve only on pve.

I don't care if ANet nerfs raid stuff, in fact I would be happy if they straight-up deleted raids from the game, that game mode is constantly trashing mesmer in pvp.

> > @"lare.5129" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > I already lost count to the amout of stuff nerfed on mesmer because of pve.

> > ? And where is the problem ? How I understand the main idea - is nerf mesmer in pve, but not in pvp.

> > And this is right. Now on pt creation mesmer mostly exist. How I understand the requirement is make it less or eliminate from party at all and make setup heal rev + heal fb pug's accepted.

> >

> > Ofc soi nerf make it more dependable from well's, and with social awaykness on real boss put this small ring and wait tick nr 3 on 3/5 mostly impossible. But who care ?

> >

> > If u realy interested play as chrno - take this broken soi as gift and ask why?

> > why well size not increased, and for exsapmle make it social awayknes useless at all.

> > why, like most mechanic in gw2, that well ticks in not splited as: first tick buff, second - damage, 3 - debuff

> > and more other 'why'

>

> What are you talking about?

> In case you misunderstood me all I was saying is nerf skills/traits that affect pve only on pve.

> I don't care if ANet nerfs raid stuff, in fact I would be happy if they straight-up deleted raids from the game, that game mode is constantly trashing mesmer in pvp.

Nah, the spvp community does that all on its own.

Mesmer and Mirage are the go-to poster children for people screaming nerfs. There is probably some blame for pve changes affecting pvp, but mesmer changes are certainly not one of them. Mesmer is THE class which people always complain about in pvp, it if wasn't for a minimum pve viability requirement, the class would have been delete from the game by now if we were to go by what the pvp community says.

Don't put this one on raids.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"lare.5129" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > I already lost count to the amout of stuff nerfed on mesmer because of pve.

> > > ? And where is the problem ? How I understand the main idea - is nerf mesmer in pve, but not in pvp.

> > > And this is right. Now on pt creation mesmer mostly exist. How I understand the requirement is make it less or eliminate from party at all and make setup heal rev + heal fb pug's accepted.

> > >

> > > Ofc soi nerf make it more dependable from well's, and with social awaykness on real boss put this small ring and wait tick nr 3 on 3/5 mostly impossible. But who care ?

> > >

> > > If u realy interested play as chrno - take this broken soi as gift and ask why?

> > > why well size not increased, and for exsapmle make it social awayknes useless at all.

> > > why, like most mechanic in gw2, that well ticks in not splited as: first tick buff, second - damage, 3 - debuff

> > > and more other 'why'

> >

> > What are you talking about?

> > In case you misunderstood me all I was saying is nerf skills/traits that affect pve only on pve.

> > I don't care if ANet nerfs raid stuff, in fact I would be happy if they straight-up deleted raids from the game, that game mode is constantly trashing mesmer in pvp.

>

> Nah, the spvp community does that all on its own.

>

> Mesmer and Mirage are the go-to poster children for people screaming nerfs. There is probably some blame for pve changes affecting pvp, but mesmer changes are certainly not one of them. Mesmer is THE class which people always complain about in pvp, it if wasn't for a minimum pve viability requirement, the class would have been delete from the game by now if we were to go by what the pvp community says.

>

> Don't put this one on raids.

Alacrity, tides of time, danger time on top of my head.

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"lare.5129" said:

> > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > I already lost count to the amout of stuff nerfed on mesmer because of pve.

> > > > ? And where is the problem ? How I understand the main idea - is nerf mesmer in pve, but not in pvp.

> > > > And this is right. Now on pt creation mesmer mostly exist. How I understand the requirement is make it less or eliminate from party at all and make setup heal rev + heal fb pug's accepted.

> > > >

> > > > Ofc soi nerf make it more dependable from well's, and with social awaykness on real boss put this small ring and wait tick nr 3 on 3/5 mostly impossible. But who care ?

> > > >

> > > > If u realy interested play as chrno - take this broken soi as gift and ask why?

> > > > why well size not increased, and for exsapmle make it social awayknes useless at all.

> > > > why, like most mechanic in gw2, that well ticks in not splited as: first tick buff, second - damage, 3 - debuff

> > > > and more other 'why'

> > >

> > > What are you talking about?

> > > In case you misunderstood me all I was saying is nerf skills/traits that affect pve only on pve.

> > > I don't care if ANet nerfs raid stuff, in fact I would be happy if they straight-up deleted raids from the game, that game mode is constantly trashing mesmer in pvp.

> >

> > Nah, the spvp community does that all on its own.

> >

> > Mesmer and Mirage are the go-to poster children for people screaming nerfs. There is probably some blame for pve changes affecting pvp, but mesmer changes are certainly not one of them. Mesmer is THE class which people always complain about in pvp, it if wasn't for a minimum pve viability requirement, the class would have been delete from the game by now if we were to go by what the pvp community says.

> >

> > Don't put this one on raids.

>

> Alacrity, tides of time, danger time on top of my head.

I'm not saying no changes came from pve which spilled over to pvp (but seriously, your examples are bit off. Alacrity would have been nerfed in any case for example, it was insanely overpowered on release). I'm saying if it was up to the spvp community the class would not exist. There is sufficient changes made to appease the spvp crowd which also affect pve, especially on mirage currently.

> Alacrity

They nerfed every single trait and every single possible alternative trait to kill the Chronobunker build for PvP soon after HoT, do you really think alacrity wouldn't have been touched if raids didn't exist?

Also PvP whines just killed Mirage by once again giving it a worse dodge then not taking Mirage.

Raids have a lot of work to do before they touch the damage PvP balance has done to this class.

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > Alacrity

> They nerfed every single trait and every single possible alternative trait to kill the Chronobunker build for PvP soon after HoT, do you really think alacrity wouldn't have been touched if raids didn't exist?

>

> Also PvP whines just killed Mirage by once again giving it a worse dodge then not taking Mirage.

>

> Raids have a lot of work to do before they touch the damage PvP balance has done to this class.

>

I disagree, bcs I believe that PvE was the reason for the Phantasm rework.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > > Alacrity

> > They nerfed every single trait and every single possible alternative trait to kill the Chronobunker build for PvP soon after HoT, do you really think alacrity wouldn't have been touched if raids didn't exist?

> >

> > Also PvP whines just killed Mirage by once again giving it a worse dodge then not taking Mirage.

> >

> > Raids have a lot of work to do before they touch the damage PvP balance has done to this class.

> >

>

> I disagree, bcs I believe that PvE was the reason for the Phantasm rework.

The Phantasm rework was Anet finally remembering that they never finished the class back in Beta. If you want to blame that on PvE then be my guest since it made the class much better in both strength and mechanics, so PvP has even more to do to make up for all the damage it has done to the class.

First raid was released on November 2017

February 2018

Alacrity change to boon and 25% instead of 33%

Improved Alacrity nerf

Tides of Time nerf

All's Well That Ends Well nerf

Phantasm Rework

How is that related to pvp chronobunker?

Generally ANet splits when nerfs are done in pvp, and generally stuff is buff on pve only.

And while I understand the pve only buffs - I find hilarious that you need buffs on a game mode in which you can run around naked, traitless and carrying only a one-hand weapon and still do fine.

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > Alacrity

> > > They nerfed every single trait and every single possible alternative trait to kill the Chronobunker build for PvP soon after HoT, do you really think alacrity wouldn't have been touched if raids didn't exist?

> > >

> > > Also PvP whines just killed Mirage by once again giving it a worse dodge then not taking Mirage.

> > >

> > > Raids have a lot of work to do before they touch the damage PvP balance has done to this class.

> > >

> >

> > I disagree, bcs I believe that PvE was the reason for the Phantasm rework.

>

> The Phantasm rework was Anet finally remembering that they never finished the class back in Beta.

Wrong, it was because of boring fire-and-forget PvE rotation, which was never a problem in PvP.

>If you want to blame that on PvE then be my guest since it made the class much better in both strength and mechanics

The opposite is true, the new mechanics are terrible and Mesmer has been more aids and more boring in PvP since then.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > Alacrity

> > > > They nerfed every single trait and every single possible alternative trait to kill the Chronobunker build for PvP soon after HoT, do you really think alacrity wouldn't have been touched if raids didn't exist?

> > > >

> > > > Also PvP whines just killed Mirage by once again giving it a worse dodge then not taking Mirage.

> > > >

> > > > Raids have a lot of work to do before they touch the damage PvP balance has done to this class.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I disagree, bcs I believe that PvE was the reason for the Phantasm rework.

> >

> > The Phantasm rework was Anet finally remembering that they never finished the class back in Beta.

> Wrong, it was because of boring fire-and-forget PvE rotation, which was never a problem in PvP.

> >If you want to blame that on PvE then be my guest since it made the class much better in both strength and mechanics

> The opposite is true, the new mechanics are terrible and Mesmer has been more aids and more boring in PvP since then.

>

>

I'm not going to say your opinion is wrong but most people don't share it. Myself included.

Edit: You're also forgetting that phantasms were little more than shatter fodder against even a slightly competent opponent.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > Alacrity

> > > > > They nerfed every single trait and every single possible alternative trait to kill the Chronobunker build for PvP soon after HoT, do you really think alacrity wouldn't have been touched if raids didn't exist?

> > > > >

> > > > > Also PvP whines just killed Mirage by once again giving it a worse dodge then not taking Mirage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Raids have a lot of work to do before they touch the damage PvP balance has done to this class.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I disagree, bcs I believe that PvE was the reason for the Phantasm rework.

> > >

> > > The Phantasm rework was Anet finally remembering that they never finished the class back in Beta.

> > Wrong, it was because of boring fire-and-forget PvE rotation, which was never a problem in PvP.

> > >If you want to blame that on PvE then be my guest since it made the class much better in both strength and mechanics

> > The opposite is true, the new mechanics are terrible and Mesmer has been more aids and more boring in PvP since then.

> >

> >

>

> I'm not going to say your opinion is wrong but most people don't share it. Myself included.

>

> Edit: You're also forgetting that phantasms were little more than shatter fodder against even a slightly competent opponent.

I know some people like the current phantasm design, but saying "most" is perhaps a stretch.

I already debated my opinion on other thread, don't know if it was with Quadox or someone else.

With the current design, some phantasms lost a ton of damage, some can't even hit a moving dolyak and so on.

Moreoever, the phantasm conversion is slow, which makes shattering also slower.

So both phantasms and shatters suffered a great blow with phantasm redesign, pvpwise.

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > > > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > > > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > Alacrity

> > > > > > They nerfed every single trait and every single possible alternative trait to kill the Chronobunker build for PvP soon after HoT, do you really think alacrity wouldn't have been touched if raids didn't exist?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also PvP whines just killed Mirage by once again giving it a worse dodge then not taking Mirage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Raids have a lot of work to do before they touch the damage PvP balance has done to this class.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I disagree, bcs I believe that PvE was the reason for the Phantasm rework.

> > > >

> > > > The Phantasm rework was Anet finally remembering that they never finished the class back in Beta.

> > > Wrong, it was because of boring fire-and-forget PvE rotation, which was never a problem in PvP.

> > > >If you want to blame that on PvE then be my guest since it made the class much better in both strength and mechanics

> > > The opposite is true, the new mechanics are terrible and Mesmer has been more aids and more boring in PvP since then.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I'm not going to say your opinion is wrong but most people don't share it. Myself included.

> >

> > Edit: You're also forgetting that phantasms were little more than shatter fodder against even a slightly competent opponent.

>

> I know some people like the current phantasm design, but saying "most" is perhaps a stretch.

> I already debated my opinion on other thread, don't know if it was with Quadox or someone else.

> With the current design, some phantasms lost a ton of damage, some can't even hit a moving dolyak and so on.

> Moreoever, the phantasm conversion is slow, which makes shattering also slower.

> So both phantasms and shatters suffered a great blow with phantasm redesign, pvpwise.

>

Some phantasms couldn't hit a dolyak before the rework either. And I think most is appropriate considering people don't show up to praise, usually just to complain.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> Wrong, it was because of boring fire-and-forget PvE rotation, which was never a problem in PvP.

Wrong it was Anet finally remembering that they never finished the class back in Beta.

> I know some people like the current phantasm design, but saying "most" is perhaps a stretch.

Not when most people liked the change.

> With the current design, some phantasms lost a ton of damage, some can't even hit a moving dolyak and so on.

You are confusing numbers with mechanics and even then only Staff Phantasm really got worse.

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > Wrong, it was because of boring fire-and-forget PvE rotation, which was never a problem in PvP.

> Wrong it was Anet finally remembering that they never finished the class back in Beta.

>

> > I know some people like the current phantasm design, but saying "most" is perhaps a stretch.

> Not when most people liked the change.

> > With the current design, some phantasms lost a ton of damage, some can't even hit a moving dolyak and so on.

> You are confusing numbers with mechanics and even then only Staff Phantasm really got worse.

>

>

Just realise that I am talking about PvP and you seem to have no idea about it. I have not heard **a single person** who prefers any Mesmer meta post-rework to core shatter or condi chrono meta. The class worked perfectly fine back then (again, PvP). You cannot just turn around and say "they remembered to finish class after beta". You are just wrong.

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > > > > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > Alacrity

> > > > > > > They nerfed every single trait and every single possible alternative trait to kill the Chronobunker build for PvP soon after HoT, do you really think alacrity wouldn't have been touched if raids didn't exist?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also PvP whines just killed Mirage by once again giving it a worse dodge then not taking Mirage.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Raids have a lot of work to do before they touch the damage PvP balance has done to this class.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I disagree, bcs I believe that PvE was the reason for the Phantasm rework.

> > > > >

> > > > > The Phantasm rework was Anet finally remembering that they never finished the class back in Beta.

> > > > Wrong, it was because of boring fire-and-forget PvE rotation, which was never a problem in PvP.

> > > > >If you want to blame that on PvE then be my guest since it made the class much better in both strength and mechanics

> > > > The opposite is true, the new mechanics are terrible and Mesmer has been more aids and more boring in PvP since then.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm not going to say your opinion is wrong but most people don't share it. Myself included.

> > >

> > > Edit: You're also forgetting that phantasms were little more than shatter fodder against even a slightly competent opponent.

> >

> > I know some people like the current phantasm design, but saying "most" is perhaps a stretch.

> > I already debated my opinion on other thread, don't know if it was with Quadox or someone else.

> > With the current design, some phantasms lost a ton of damage, some can't even hit a moving dolyak and so on.

> > Moreoever, the phantasm conversion is slow, which makes shattering also slower.

> > So both phantasms and shatters suffered a great blow with phantasm redesign, pvpwise.

> >

>

> Some phantasms couldn't hit a dolyak before the rework either. And I think most is appropriate considering people don't show up to praise, usually just to complain.

So because of a lack of feedback, you assume that the default must be that "most people like it". Laughable. What you should assume is that most people don't care to compare before-after, or just adapt and move on because they don't have power to affect the devs anyway.

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > Alacrity

> > > > > They nerfed every single trait and every single possible alternative trait to kill the Chronobunker build for PvP soon after HoT, do you really think alacrity wouldn't have been touched if raids didn't exist?

> > > > >

> > > > > Also PvP whines just killed Mirage by once again giving it a worse dodge then not taking Mirage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Raids have a lot of work to do before they touch the damage PvP balance has done to this class.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I disagree, bcs I believe that PvE was the reason for the Phantasm rework.

> > >

> > > The Phantasm rework was Anet finally remembering that they never finished the class back in Beta.

> > >If you want to blame that on PvE then be my guest since it made the class much better in both strength and mechanics

> > The opposite is true, the new mechanics are terrible and Mesmer has been more aids and more boring in PvP since then.

> >

> >

>

> I'm not going to say your opinion is wrong but most people don't share it. Myself included.

>

> Edit: You're also forgetting that phantasms were little more than shatter fodder against even a slightly competent opponent.

They are just as shatter fodder now as then (with exceptions), but you don't have a choice but to wait for them. Anyway, I don't mind the reworks of the phantasm attacks so much, like torch and focus. Some are worse like swordsman. But we could have had those reworks and still kept the old phantasm mechanics, they are not one and the same.

Yeah, the only reason mesmer worked in spvp was due to portal and point control pre HoT. The class its self was insanely broken and unfinished. Pve wise, it was a quickness bot and nothing more. Yet people whined on the spvp and wvw boards cause clones hard.

Then chronomancer was introduced and was one of the classes which defined the bunker meta in spvp. The nerfs to it were justified especially on things like alacrity even if thoes were likely more related to raids. Similar how almost all the portal nerfs are directly related to spvp.

Now we have Mirage and ever since chronomancer the spvp boards have been a constant whine about mesmer in any form (and before because bad players can't deal with clones). You can pretend and blame pve all you want, spvp has its fair share to carry for mesmer changes and nerfs all along the way.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Yeah, the only reason mesmer worked in spvp was due to portal and point control pre HoT. The class its self was insanely broken and unfinished. Pve wise, it was a quickness bot and nothing more. Yet people whined on the spvp and wvw boards cause clones hard.

>

> Then chronomancer was introduced and was one of the classes which defined the bunker meta in spvp. The nerfs to it were justified especially on things like alacrity even if thoes were likely more related to raids. Similar how almost all the portal nerfs are directly related to spvp.

>

> Now we have Mirage and ever since chronomancer the spvp boards have been a constant whine about mesmer in any form (and before because bad players can't deal with clones). You can pretend and blame pve all you want, spvp has its fair share to carry for mesmer changes and nerfs all along the way.

Sure thing, I disagree but let's talk about Danger Time now.