Why is the new WvW lobby a paid item?

If they make the GvG arena in the lobby attractive enough, I could see entire guilds helping to fund all their members to get a pass to enter the lobby for GvGs.

It would be even better if they added a GvG schedule/roster where guilds have to pre-book a slot by paying a small fee in order to use the arena for that particular hour for their own training sessions or for actual GvG with other guilds.

Also perhaps restrict the booking per guild to just once a week.

Also this schedule/roster should be made available to all pass holders so we know when a GvG happens and can come in to watch the GvG when it happens.

Also they could add a tournament mode for organizers who pay enough gold to book the entire arena for an entire week to hold these tourneys.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> It would be even better if they added a GvG schedule/roster where guilds have to pre-book a slot by paying a small fee in order to use the arena for that particular hour for their own training sessions or for actual GvG with other guilds.

Interesting however I could see this being abused by trolls if the fee is too small or those with a lot of spare gold who just want to watch the world burn, sadly. I like your point regarding pass holders possibly being alerted when a GvG/tourney is on. That would be mad fun.

> @"thetoothpick.4028" said:

> > @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> > Perhaps because *every* other lobby item is a paid item?

>

> Except for the PvP lobby, which is the functional equivalent for the PvP game mode. Yes, that was available at launch so they can't *retroactively* make people pay for it, but it seems unfair that the PvP community can go and fight in an arena with their game mode mechanics for free while WvW players have to pay for it.

PvP need to always queue, and you could not queue for PvP outside of PvP lobby for a long while in the past.

What's the chance for all 4 WvW map to be queued all the time nowadays anyways. Not to mention there's eotm.

I want to see WvW monetized (in a balanced way ofc), maybe anet will start paying more attention to it.

Don't be in such a rush to make trhis negative. We've discussed lately how Anet can monetize WvW. The mount (via skins) and the lobby are sales that will be directly tied to WvW. This is the metric they are going to use to show if the game mode is profitable or not. Can we guarantee our gem purchases will be used to fund WvW? No! But we **_can _**show it's worth it for them to invest more time into.

I already have Lava Lounge on my main account, but I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger and buying POF to upgrade my 2nd account, and getting this pass for it as well.

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> Don't be in such a rush to make trhis negative. We've discussed lately how Anet can monetize WvW. The mount (via skins) and the lobby are sales that will be directly tied to WvW. This is the metric they are going to use to show if the game mode is profitable or not. Can we guarantee our gem purchases will be used to fund WvW? No! But we **_can _**show it's worth it for them to invest more time into.

>

> I already have Lava Lounge on my main account, but I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger and buying POF to upgrade my 2nd account, and getting this pass for it as well.

Don't take this in a negative way, but WvW people spend gems on PvE things too. Monetizing WvW won't make them pay more attention to it, just means they'll be making money from WvWers and PvErs alike. Warclaw skins is a prime example, PvE players who will never go back to WvW will still buy the Gemstore skins because it can be used in PvE anyway.