Condi Builds just for fun.

Hi, I'm a new player, returning after playing a little after launch. I am greatly enjoying the game. One of the things I have been having fun with is playing a condi trapper Soulbeast. I leveled as a GS/LB power Ranger and got a little bored, so I tried out the Condi build. I enjoy having to set up my attacks with SB flanking, traps, and combo fields. I generally only play PVE, but have an interest WvW.

I would like to hear of some other fun Condi builds. I am just talking open world play. They don't need to play just like my trapper, but I do enjoy planning ahead and setting up attacks. Thanks in advance! Sorry if their is another thread like this that I missed in the Forum search.

I'm a bit surprised nobody responded to this. Currently, 3 of my 7 classes remain parked on condi builds. They are the following:

1: Condi Renegade, full glass and built for damage. The Condi renegade has an interesting toolbox, but the funnest part about playing it is the AoE. All of the attacks affect a wide area, and there's a lot of movement skills. This makes the renegade thud around a lot. It's hard to do maximum DPS, but it is pretty easy to do good DPS. In a pinch, I can act as a buffer, healer, and boon stripper merely by using the skills that demand it. Also has the excellent CC.

2: Griever Firebrand. Arguably the strongest solo condi build. I have capped burning duration without investing into expertise, and the Grieving does meaningful power damage. But, in the overworld, I spend most of my time on the Tome of Justice, because it recharges everytime an enemy dies. I unload a load of burning, enemy dies, all those skills instantly come back, rinse and repeat. I'm a walking forest fire.

3: Condi Mirage, full viper gear again. When it comes to survival, the Mirage wins, simply because it can dodge and jaunt away from nearly any attack. If played right, the Mirage is nearly unstoppable, and it does a large amount of single target damage. Again, it is hard to do maximum DPS, but easy to do good DPS. It's fun to just stand in an enemy's face and phase through every single attack they throw.

In the spirit of the thread title, I play a condition variant of every class for the pure enjoyment of it. The enjoyment comes from "fade away" kills. Basically, as your fighting a mob, face away from it and rp-walk away before it dies. As you're walking away and it tries to chase you in vain, it'll die to your conditions. Just like cool guys don't look at explosions, cool commanders don't look at dying mobs.

For open world, it's hard to beat condi mirage. It deals surprisingly strong damage while being practically unkillable. If you're interested, I have a thread on the mesmer forums about condi mirage for open world:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30394/open-world-domination-mirage#latest

I haven't been able to record video in some time, so this is a little out of date. But here's a sample:

Most recently I was able to solo the Legendary Forged Rampager (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Forged_Rampager) using the latest build (see toward the end of the thread for a build link of the latest iteration). So no worries that anything significant has changed since the video. It's still a super strong open world build!