Easy way to dismount players

Jugglemonkey.8741

5 seconds is a long time for someone on a mount to dodge/get away. I don't see how any sane person whose actively looking at their screen with their hands on their keyboard and mouse would ever get dismounted by anyone on foot and close enough they could kill you. Presumably this is happening in your own territory because these players looking for some way to dismount another player is actively trolling in the enemies third of the map where the mounts have extra speed. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how dumping a bunch of conditions on me that takes 5 seconds to dismount will be of any use, when in 5 seconds time i'll be 3000-4000 units away from you. Players have tried; I've actually ran straight through a shade bomb and got lit up but by the time I was dismounted, i was so far away that that combat ended, so I mounted back up again.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> 5 seconds is a long time for someone on a mount to dodge/get away. I don't see how any sane person whose actively looking at their screen with their hands on their keyboard and mouse would ever get dismounted by anyone on foot and close enough they could kill you. Presumably this is happening in your own territory because these players looking for some way to dismount another player is actively trolling in the enemies third of the map where the mounts have extra speed. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how dumping a bunch of conditions on me that takes 5 seconds to dismount will be of any use, when in 5 seconds time i'll be 3000-4000 units away from you. Players have tried; I've actually ran straight through a shade bomb and got lit up but by the time I was dismounted, i was so far away that that combat ended, so I mounted back up again.

> @"reddie.5861" said:

> > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > Play Condi.

> >

> > Seriously, it's got an 11k health bar with no cleanse on the mounted skills, you don't even need to apply much condi to get them dismounted. I put doom and geomancy on my P/D set, starting on shortbow and simply stealing (with poison and confusion on steal), weapon swapping for sigils and using P/D 3 for distance dismounts a player in 5 seconds for minimal effort. Don't need CC at all.

>

> 2 shadow shots on power thief and u got same effect and youre instantly on their kitten when they drop off their mount.

> no condi needed.

>

> problem is all the other classes who do not have mobility like a thief (the morons who think they can roam now cus they gained mobility from mount wont understand this) a FB will never be able to drop one of mount Warrior wont be able to do it either mesmer maybe if blows all his shatters etc but then he has nothing left to finish the guy off as its a 1 shot build. heralds i doubt they can pull it off easily but probably do able. ele lol scrapper/holo lol.

>

> i mean comon this game shouldnt be about avoiding fights i frankly dont really care if one doesnt wanna fight me in generally i let them go as im looking for a challange not some punch bags but still.. if u cant get away from me with your own skills u either gonna have to sustain me till help arrives or u managed to get to safe zone else ur dead.

To be fair, this is why I posted this in the thief forums, I'm talking about condi thief specifically. In 5 seconds a mount can't get far enough to get out of combat vs a daredevil, most players don't dismount and cleanse then remount (they think they're safe etc) so between the forced knockdown, long lasting condis and daredevil mobility, it's more reliable than you think.

Edit; Huh, could have sworn I posted this in the thief subforum. My bad.