Scrapper invisibility and mounts are silly (nerfs needed ASAP)

hunkamania.7561

> @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > Id rather keep stuff like this around, it'll come in handy for organised guilds...

> > > >

> > > > Theres been too much catering towards keeping the zerg safe.

> > > > If you dont want to be killed by other players using tactics then I would suggest going back to PvE.

> > >

> > > Anything you can do a zerg 3-4 times bigger than you can do as well bud. It isn't that hard to stealth with engi's lol brain dead easy

> >

> > Show me a map queue that entirely goes stealth?

> >

> > Pugs following you around makes the tactic useless

>

> we'll do KRTA vs Ferguson crossing and we'll stealth engage with 50+ mounted up one shotting your guild group if you like. set up the date lol

That would actually be the best way to get it changed.

Too many people will complain it’s broken.

That and solo a raid boss with scrapper on mount.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know mount-hate is the flavor of the month, but in this case I think its more the scrapper stealth duration that needs to be toned down.

I _do_ find it amusing that with all of the talk about the overpowered aspects of certain thief & mesmer specs being able to stealth so much, that Anet's solution to give engi's an obscene stealth option is kind of funny.

Give the game a couple years, soon the meme image XenesisII posted will apply to every profession/fight in the game.

~ Kovu

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> I know mount-hate is the flavor of the month, but in this case I think its more the scrapper stealth duration that needs to be toned down.

> I _do_ find it amusing that with all of the talk about the overpowered aspects of certain thief & mesmer specs being able to stealth so much, that Anet's solution to give engi's an obscene stealth option is kind of funny.

>

> Give the game a couple years, soon the meme image XenesisII posted will apply to every profession/fight in the game.

>

> ~ Kovu

It's actually LESS stealth than it had before. It just doesn't have any indication of where the stealthed players are. Previously there was the gyro bobbing around as an approximate target. You could also attack the gyro to kill it and stop the stealth, or bounce any number of ricocheting projectiles off it to hit the scrapper in stealth.

I preferred that, tbh. The new stealth applies over a very short period and then stops. Sure, you stack a bunch of stealth, but you can only use it for 1 engage or escape.

The old gyro would reapply every 4 seconds, so you could fight over a longer period while popping in and out of stealth. Meanwhile there was counterplay in that your opponent could sort of see where you were and could kill the gyro.

I'd suggest less initial stealth, but a longer smoke field so that you can keep comboing it to extend the duration. This adds a teamplay aspect and as a bonus can't be done while mounted.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > I know mount-hate is the flavor of the month, but in this case I think its more the scrapper stealth duration that needs to be toned down.

> > I _do_ find it amusing that with all of the talk about the overpowered aspects of certain thief & mesmer specs being able to stealth so much, that Anet's solution to give engi's an obscene stealth option is kind of funny.

> >

> > Give the game a couple years, soon the meme image XenesisII posted will apply to every profession/fight in the game.

> >

> > ~ Kovu

>

> It's actually LESS stealth than it had before. It just doesn't have any indication of where the stealthed players are. Previously there was the gyro bobbing around as an approximate target. You could also attack the gyro to kill it and stop the stealth, or bounce any number of ricocheting projectiles off it to hit the scrapper in stealth.

>

> I preferred that, tbh. The new stealth applies over a very short period and then stops. Sure, you stack a bunch of stealth, but you can only use it for 1 engage or escape.

> The old gyro would reapply every 4 seconds, so you could fight over a longer period while popping in and out of stealth. Meanwhile there was counterplay in that your opponent could sort of see where you were and could kill the gyro.

>

> I'd suggest less initial stealth, but a longer smoke field so that you can keep comboing it to extend the duration. This adds a teamplay aspect and as a bonus can't be done while mounted.

My bad -- its just that the old gyro had about the durability of a mesmer clone so I always cleaved it out super quick.

I was running with a scrapper the other night and he was frequently putting 15s~ of stealth on me with only 1 blast finish on my part. It was actually really nice for roaming as everyone and their mother's dog targets the ranger first -- so getting some big damage in before being pressured was neat.

~ Kovu

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > I know mount-hate is the flavor of the month, but in this case I think its more the scrapper stealth duration that needs to be toned down.

> > > I _do_ find it amusing that with all of the talk about the overpowered aspects of certain thief & mesmer specs being able to stealth so much, that Anet's solution to give engi's an obscene stealth option is kind of funny.

> > >

> > > Give the game a couple years, soon the meme image XenesisII posted will apply to every profession/fight in the game.

> > >

> > > ~ Kovu

> >

> > It's actually LESS stealth than it had before. It just doesn't have any indication of where the stealthed players are. Previously there was the gyro bobbing around as an approximate target. You could also attack the gyro to kill it and stop the stealth, or bounce any number of ricocheting projectiles off it to hit the scrapper in stealth.

> >

> > I preferred that, tbh. The new stealth applies over a very short period and then stops. Sure, you stack a bunch of stealth, but you can only use it for 1 engage or escape.

> > The old gyro would reapply every 4 seconds, so you could fight over a longer period while popping in and out of stealth. Meanwhile there was counterplay in that your opponent could sort of see where you were and could kill the gyro.

> >

> > I'd suggest less initial stealth, but a longer smoke field so that you can keep comboing it to extend the duration. This adds a teamplay aspect and as a bonus can't be done while mounted.

>

> My bad -- its just that the old gyro had about the durability of a mesmer clone so I always cleaved it out super quick.

> I was running with a scrapper the other night and he was frequently putting 15s~ of stealth on me with only 1 blast finish on my part. It was actually really nice for roaming as everyone and their mother's dog targets the ranger first -- so getting some big damage in before being pressured was neat.

>

> ~ Kovu

STAHP STEALTHING WHEN I WANT TO BLOB YOUUUUUUU

ANET NERF STEALTH NOW SO I CAN KILL THIS DIRTY GANKER WITH MY Z3EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRERRRRG

sorry, I think Ive read too many nonsensical comments since warkitty came out.