Warclaw kills Roaming

Woody Woody.8356

> @"displayname.8315" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > > @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > > > Mesmer is in a very funny spot in WvW atm. Imo close to pointless running them in zerg. Mirage is overpowered for duels/roaming but they had this problem of stopping enemy's track, even before the Warclaw.

> > >

> > > Mesmer not good in zerg with it's full rotation of invincible uptime? While spitting out clones and condi's non stop? I guess when I walk my mesmer thru a full zerg with no threat of being downed I'm somehow doing it "wrong". Theif is crazy good in zergs too.

> > >

> > > I must be doing it wrong hmm time to rethink my playstyle, how do the 1 shot builds work?

> > >

> >

> > You may think you're doing it right, but your condi is cleansed instantly by the zerg. Even if your clones could stay alive, they aren't having any meaningful effect. You'll get credit for kills, but you aren't being useful.

>

> Heh what you assume condition damage? That's a nice bonus sure. The clones can do their shatter job after the block/torment was already applied. Triple delight. Pop out some staff for range dps clones. Some aoes and chaos shields. If you think the condies all gets cleansed you've been sitting back at 1500 range too long.

>

> Mesmer does it all. Nuke down dps with some scepter. Watch your illusion blast out a 10x spin to win woot. No worries I'll go invuns for a full rotation while I make my next decision. Or just port away Scott free... So hard I must avoid these troublesome zergs.

>

> Ya'll must be the types to just stand in your blob and drop Wells forward. That works on newbs who just walk straight forward and die (90% of the players nowadays). Real fights last awhile and take actual skill.

Hey, all that matters is that you have fun with it. You do you, bro!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > > > @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > > > > Mesmer is in a very funny spot in WvW atm. Imo close to pointless running them in zerg. Mirage is overpowered for duels/roaming but they had this problem of stopping enemy's track, even before the Warclaw.

> > > >

> > > > Mesmer not good in zerg with it's full rotation of invincible uptime? While spitting out clones and condi's non stop? I guess when I walk my mesmer thru a full zerg with no threat of being downed I'm somehow doing it "wrong". Theif is crazy good in zergs too.

> > > >

> > > > I must be doing it wrong hmm time to rethink my playstyle, how do the 1 shot builds work?

> > > >

> > >

> > > You may think you're doing it right, but your condi is cleansed instantly by the zerg. Even if your clones could stay alive, they aren't having any meaningful effect. You'll get credit for kills, but you aren't being useful.

> >

> > Heh what you assume condition damage? That's a nice bonus sure. The clones can do their shatter job after the block/torment was already applied. Triple delight. Pop out some staff for range dps clones. Some aoes and chaos shields. If you think the condies all gets cleansed you've been sitting back at 1500 range too long.

> >

> > Mesmer does it all. Nuke down dps with some scepter. Watch your illusion blast out a 10x spin to win woot. No worries I'll go invuns for a full rotation while I make my next decision. Or just port away Scott free... So hard I must avoid these troublesome zergs.

> >

> > Ya'll must be the types to just stand in your blob and drop Wells forward. That works on newbs who just walk straight forward and die (90% of the players nowadays). Real fights last awhile and take actual skill.

>

> Hey, all that matters is that you have fun with it. You do you, bro!

Yep, plenty of ways to make play viable without complaining of numbers and demanding 1v1s / small-scale. Lack of understanding breeds this roamer mentality stuff.

L2P is about the only thing that makes WvW boring.

I have to condi my Rapidfire on my ranger to take down a mount quickly, but even then, if it's another roamer they're already built to leave the combat area. Although on the good side, persistence you can force the enemy into combat and get them off their mount. On the sadder side....you attack any one location, enemy reinforcements are able to effectively cross distances faster, making it nearly impossible to take a location without a fight.