[Sugestion] Leveling Up After 80 and Masteries!!!

Yo!!!

After getting to lvl 80 and unlocking all Core Tyria Masteries, i noticed you kinda keep leveling up but you get an automatic Spirit Shard after you fill your XP bar, so i tough about a new "rewarding leveling up experience".

Just like Masteries, the rewards would be separated by the region you are in (Core, HoT, PoF, LW), so once you fill the XP bar you get to choose an reward based on the map you currently are, the XP bar would still be universal like it is now, and not locked, so let's say you "lvl up" doing Octovine, but you want PoF rewards, just teleport to a PoF map and you can now choose rewards from there.

The new experience required would be 1 million (too much?? too few?), so people don't "farm" these rewards and this don't turn into yet another set of daily stuff you feel obligated to do.

Obs: The "choices" bellow are just to see witch quantity would be better, you would not be required to choose between 5 or 10 cause it would not make sense hehe.

Core:

1= 5 or 10 Spirit Shards

2= 1 or 5 Laurels

3= 50 or 100 Fractal Relics

4= 1 Pristine Fractal Relic

5= 1 Random Bag of Crafting Materials (from T1 to T6)

6= 150 Dungeon Currencies

7= 50 or 100 Geodes

8= 50 or 100 Bandit Crests

7= Anything else you think it's worth adding.

This could be even available to Core and F2P players, but you could remove the Laurels and the Bag of Crafting Materials so we don't have abuse.

HoT

1= 5 or 10 Spirit Shards

2= 1 or 5 Laurels

3= 50 or 100 Airship Parts

4= 50 or 100 Lump of Aurillium

5= 50 or 100 Ley Line Crystals

6= 1 Random Bag of Crafting Materials

7= ??

PoF (don't have PoF so i don't know how stuff works there)

1= 5 or 10 Spirit Shards

2= 1 or 5 Laurels

3= x Trade Contracts

4= x Elegy Mosaics

5= 1 Random Bag of Crafting Materials

6= ??

LWS3

1= 5 or 10 Spirit Shards

2= 1 or 5 Laurels

3= 50 Unbound Magic and 5 of the Map Currencies (Blood Ruby, Wood, etc), bu you can choose from one map only.

4= 1 Random Bag of Crafting Materials

5= ??

LWS4 (same as PoF above)

1= 5 or 10 Spirit Shards

2= 1 or 5 Laurels

3= x Volatile Magic and x of the Map Currencies of your choosing

4= 1 Random Bag of Crafting Materials

5= ??

Obs: Repeated rewards are for convenience only, so if you fill the XP bar on a PoF map and you want Laurels you don't need to teleport to a Core Map just to get it.

So that's it, what do you think?

"My doubts" are related to the ammount of XP needed to fill the bar (too much? too few?), the quantity of stuff (too much?, too few), and something i was thinking is if this could conflict with new Masteires being added and stuff like that.

Obs: Sorry if the formating is a bit weird (not used to create these stuff), or if my English is weird as well, not my first language and i "learned" only playing games hehe.

While I find the spirit shard reward lacking, the choices presented is adding a lot of loot fairly easily, presuming the same rate of advancement happens. I have around 4000 spirit shards - it takes about 250K experience right now. So that would be about 1000 spirit shards if each took 1 million to get. If I could even convert at a 1:1 ratio of those to laurels, that is a nice bonus.

Simpler solution - add a vendor where you spend spirit shards for a variety of things. In that way, exchange rate can be reasonably sorted out (maybe 100 spirit shards = 1 laurel, etc). You don't have to care where the experience is earned, or where the level is gained. It also adds a lot more flexibility - some people may want laurels, some may want unbound magic, etc.

> @"Solvar.7953" said:

> While I find the spirit shard reward lacking, the choices presented is adding a lot of loot fairly easily, presuming the same rate of advancement happens. I have around 4000 spirit shards - it takes about 250K experience right now. So that would be about 1000 spirit shards if each took 1 million to get. If I could even convert at a 1:1 ratio of those to laurels, that is a nice bonus.

> Simpler solution - add a vendor where you spend spirit shards for a variety of things. In that way, exchange rate can be reasonably sorted out (maybe 100 spirit shards = 1 laurel, etc). You don't have to care where the experience is earned, or where the level is gained. It also adds a lot more flexibility - some people may want laurels, some may want unbound magic, etc.

>

I kind of like this suggestion against the OP's suggestion.

> @"Shiv.5781" said:

> > @"Solvar.7953" said:

> > While I find the spirit shard reward lacking, the choices presented is adding a lot of loot fairly easily, presuming the same rate of advancement happens. I have around 4000 spirit shards - it takes about 250K experience right now. So that would be about 1000 spirit shards if each took 1 million to get. If I could even convert at a 1:1 ratio of those to laurels, that is a nice bonus.

> > Simpler solution - add a vendor where you spend spirit shards for a variety of things. In that way, exchange rate can be reasonably sorted out (maybe 100 spirit shards = 1 laurel, etc). You don't have to care where the experience is earned, or where the level is gained. It also adds a lot more flexibility - some people may want laurels, some may want unbound magic, etc.

> >

>

> I kind of like this suggestion against the OP's suggestion.

Same. Having to switch map to claim a reward using the exp you made in another map is quite "cheaty". Also, Laurel or mats are fine, but I don't see why you should gain Pristine or Dungeon tokens with normal open PvE quests (even if I'd like to have more geodes... 3k collected so far, and still 4k missing to buy the recipes :/ But it wouldn't be fair to collect them playing out of Dry Top).

EDIT: adding more options is cool (especially if you don't care about legendaries or promoting mats), but the rewards shouldn't be too high, or people would feel compelled to grind (and this is an MMO for casual players mainly).