Healer + Qucikness Firebrand?

zallesz.1650

Hey guys!

So currently, one of the most popular support type Guardians is Quickness Firebrand which applies boons and also deals damage.

My questions in short is: is a type of Firebrand available / good, that is able to both heal and apply loads of quickness?

I want a support build for my guardian, really wished to try healing, but I know that quickness firebrand is very good atm, so I though... why not both?

Can I do both? I wish to do fractals and probably raids later on, but I'm more of a fractal guy by default. Will people take me in T4?

Thank you!

I run the following most of the time, but will change skills depending on needs. Perhaps "Feel My Wrath" for unlimited quickness, or "Renewed Focus" if extra aegis are needed, also will run "Signet of Courage" too. You may consider swapping "Retreat" with "Mantra of Lore" for more regen, etc...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAW5ensADFBjlCB2CB8DhlKCbPd+OrnYDgAQEIb8ceaAA-jxx/wAAuIAdV/JzTAgtSwzK/Es/wUdDiCwvA-e

> @"EnidLarr.1478" said:

> I run the following most of the time, but will change skills depending on needs. Perhaps "Feel My Wrath" for unlimited quickness, or "Renewed Focus" if extra aegis are needed, also will run "Signet of Courage" too. You may consider swapping "Retreat" with "Mantra of Lore" for more regen, etc...

>

>

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAW5ensADFBjlCB2CB8DhlKCbPd+OrnYDgAQEIb8ceaAA-jxx/wAAuIAdV/JzTAgtSwzK/Es/wUdDiCwvA-e

>

>

Can I suggest a few changes to improve the build? I see a lot of redundant choices here.

yes, deviner or condi sup fb ir a good choose. Mostly use if party to long wait chrno.

Who can be heal ? Anyone. Of coruse good take rene heal, to get alac, but there is no problem to take druid, tempest heal, scrapper heal, necro heal.. and mesmer heal also )

There is no any non compare setup, and any bonus from some proff less than skill+pots+food

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"EnidLarr.1478" said:

> > I run the following most of the time, but will change skills depending on needs. Perhaps "Feel My Wrath" for unlimited quickness, or "Renewed Focus" if extra aegis are needed, also will run "Signet of Courage" too. You may consider swapping "Retreat" with "Mantra of Lore" for more regen, etc...

> >

> >

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAW5ensADFBjlCB2CB8DhlKCbPd+OrnYDgAQEIb8ceaAA-jxx/wAAuIAdV/JzTAgtSwzK/Es/wUdDiCwvA-e

> >

> >

>

> Can I suggest a few changes to improve the build? I see a lot of redundant choices here.

why not ? go ahead coz i am not a good one and alwasy want to learn more

> @"EnidLarr.1478" said:

>

> why not ? go ahead coz i am not a good one and alwasy want to learn more

Just making sure. Not everyone appreciates advice. :wink:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAW5ensADFBjFCBuCB8DhlHCL79MfyAYBgGQWafeuPDoA-jxhXQB66JAgQlfh6iA0Qlg+T9HAs/A90NEAIBYmmpkpyUwMNTz0MNTzUdP3z9cP3z9kpZammpSB43wI-e

I did the minimal changes here in order to preserve the playstyle as much as possible.

First of all, I changed your rune. Leadership is not really the optimal choice even with that juicy boon duration. You can basically pick any rune that gives +15% Boon duration instead of +25% from Leadership, and still almost cap boon duration by using a Potent Master Maintenance Oil or a Peppermint Oil from Wintersday Gifts. Should get you to about +96% boon duration, which is enough, and you can get the rest via infusions but that's not even really mandatory. I went with Monk Runes because they increase your outgoing healing but there's plenty of choices you can go for if you want something else.

Then I swapped 2 of your Honor traits. You don't really need the condition cleanse from Pure of Voice when you Firebrand. The F2 tome has plenty of condi clear, and if you do need more cleanses, Mantra of Lore can be picked instead of Bane Signet or "SYG!". Either of the other 2 GM trait choices is better but I'd go with Force of Will. If you go with Writ of Persistence, take Protector's Impact as your Adept trait. Your healing skill will be a part of your rotation so you would get regular Protection+healing from it. As for the Adept tier choices, only go with Protective Reviver if you don't trust your party/squad to stay alive. Even so, picking Signet of Mercy over Bane Signet might be a good choice. Otherwise, both the other Adept tier choices are better.

With these 3 changes to your runes and traits I increased your outgoing healing by a minimum of +23% which can go up to +58% when fully buffed by the monk rune bonus and stacks of Invigorated Bulwark. And that's without sacrificing too much Boon Duration, just need to use a consumable.

As for the utility skill choices, shouts aren't really good. Especially Hold the Line, since you're getting so much of those Boons from Legendary Lore already. Mantra of Potence is a great pick though. "SYG!" will give you an AoE Stunbreak + Stability but it's not necessarily needed. Bane Signet gives you more personal DPS and the opportunity to use the active on breakbars. The activation should be a last resort though as you lose the DPS bonus when you do it. Other good choices would actually be Spirit Weapons. The bow if you want more healing and the sword if you want DPS.

The final change I made is to your Firebrand traits. Archivist of Whispers is good if you go for pure healing/support but if you want to provide enough Quickness for the entire party, you need to take either Liberator's Vow or Stalwart Speed. Now Legendary Lore is too important to drop as a support so you have to drop Archivist of Whispers. But it's more preference and what the party needs, so it's up to you.

In T4 Fractals and CMs I normally play the Heal-FB in a FB/Rene comp with following build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAneWnsADFCh1CBGBDkCjF+BDLAkeKCWFgw1EYPj+RPpA-jxhXQB66UAgQlf0TfQoeCA+T9HAs/QDVCSKA/mZB-e

Normally the heal is not that much necessary (also a Diviner Renegade brings a little bit of healing) so that you can focus more on offensive support.

For that, use Bane Signet and Tome for Justice for the group wide signet buffs.

You can use Axe 2 (or Sword 2 if you like it more and dont need CC) for Fury stacks.

You dont need "Feel my wrath" for that. But it is still a nice skill, if you dont need Mantra of Liberation for Stability. Signet of Courage is also an option here.

You can prestack Might with the staff and then stay on you Axe, except you need burst heal. Thanks to radiance and Fury you have a nice crit chance that should be enough for Empowering Might. (Remember that other classes most time bring Might too!)

Because of "Hold the Line" and Protectors Impact you also have a nice amount of protection.

As you see, with the Tonic buff you will over stack Concentration a lot. Feel free to swap out Harrier for Magi or Berserker/Assassine (based on your group).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAneZnsADFBjlBBGCBEEhF/BbvimRHpYjgXQQwKA8teAA-jxxGQB3UfAAOBALV53Q2fAqKBJ3TAIoq/IKA/C-e Harrier/healer

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAnfbnsADFBjdBDWCBEEhF/BbviuRHpZkhsCAVg6EA-jhhAQBA4BAYz9HlggU5HEV/Bg6Dg2JAQUA8E-e Vipere

And diviner or zerk, it's zeal/radiance.

Why Weighty Terms over Stalwart Speed when you have Harrier/Diviner ? Because you don't care. Weihgty Terms allow you to spam aegis and mights more frequently and you still give perma quickness. Careful about not taking Fell My Wrath, no alacrity, or raids; long fights / no pre-buff, in theses scenarii you should probably take Stalwart Speed.

Why vipere ? Because, on my experience, unless you play with 3 great burst weavers, you have same DPS than berserker. Pro: better quickness uptime, access to Master of Concecrations if you need the wall or the stab ground, better cleave. Con : you don't have Perfect Inscription or you lose DPS, it's seems easy to play, but only outwardly if you want good dps.

Why Diviner over Zerk ? Because if you pug you can't give too much faith in renegade /count on perma alacrity, or others players skill/brain, and you would like some boon duration for perma quickness, stab, resistance etc.

Why zerk ? Because if you play with a good renegade you'll loop quickness, and Soulcleave's summit will heal everybody.

You want to provide perma quickness: you need mantra of potence + montra of solace + Liberator's Vow trait (+ feel my wrath + Weighty Terms oo Stalwart Speed, depends of BD).

Radiance (perfect Inscription trait) + Bane signet is a very very important buff too : +216 power for 10sec, every 20~24sec. It's convenient the skill is a CC, so it allows a strong burst to everyone.

Otherwise don't "close" your build, try to keep theses 2 points above, but adapt.

If you need Virtues over Radiance for particular situations. Mace for extra blocks or scepter or staff for mights. Pure of heart or Empowering Mights. Mantra of liberation, Feel My Wrath, Renewed focus or Signet of Courage. Wall of reflection, bow of truth, "Hold the line" ... All are strong, it depends of your group and situation.

For example Chaos Fractal, I run Virtues/Honor + Mantra of liberation + Hallowed ground, perma stab, lof of aegis, you sacrifice some "buff" or DPS but your group can completly ignore mechanics. Same with Siren's reed, Virtues/Honor + renewed focus, I spam the wall and bubbles, no one dies. And for CMs I take back Radiance/honor or Radiance/zeal ... or vipere.

Some people will say there is a (or THE) meta build : berserker FB; but in facts not everyone runs Static groups, it's not always easy to find a (good) renegade, you still would like a healer in the group (ask your renegade what gear he has) and there are a lot of fractals and instabilities combinations ... So if you want to run a Healer FB, no worry no one will complain, play it. Healer FB is strong, FB is a huge package of utilities, there is nothing wrong to use them.

You can easily

>do both 

(quickness and heals)

And actually I had better results with a 1 healer comp, and so my Harrier FB, or harrier renegade.