[SUGGESTION] Idea about the "Gift of Exploration"

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right place, but I had an idea about the Gift of Exploration.

Would it be possible to make this item consumable on a new character (since it's account bound), to unlock the entire vanilla map for that character?

That way they have another use :), for people who don't like to go for a legendary!

> @"jujoco.4853" said:

> Hi there,

>

> Not sure if this is the right place, but I had an idea about the Gift of Exploration.

> Would it be possible to make this item consumable on a new character (since it's account bound), to unlock the entire vanilla map for that character?

> That way they have another use :), for people who don't like to go for a legendary!

That's a great idea :+1:

Problem is, it would directly negate one of the items they offer on the Gem store (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Waypoint_Unlock_Box)

I don't know who would buy that, but if someone has been, ANET would be hesitant to introduce something that would cannibalize their gem store sales.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"jujoco.4853" said:

> > Hi there,

> >

> > Not sure if this is the right place, but I had an idea about the Gift of Exploration.

> > Would it be possible to make this item consumable on a new character (since it's account bound), to unlock the entire vanilla map for that character?

> > That way they have another use :), for people who don't like to go for a legendary!

>

> That's a great idea :+1:

>

> Problem is, it would directly negate one of the items they offer on the Gem store (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Waypoint_Unlock_Box)

> I don't know who would buy that, but if someone has been, ANET would be hesitant to introduce something that would cannibalize their gem store sales.

>

I don't think so, the gem store sells convenience, not necessity.

There are other items for sale for which alternatives exist in-game.

It's not like world completion doesn't take as much time as grinding the gold to buy the gemstore WP unlocks