25 stacks of might as a meta-Banner Slave

Tabin.5729

Hi guys. I'm trying to learn how to be a good meta-banner slave. Is it the BS warrior's job to provide everyone in the party with 25 stacks of might as well? If yes, how do you do it? I've been running one banner and use "For Great Justice" because I'm struggling to keep might at 25 stacks. My old build used to be called Phalanx Strength GS build. I just returned a month ago so I'm trying to figure out how to play again.

From what I understand, I can get:

5 stacks of might from axe burst skill

My elite is signet of rage, but I'm not suppose to activate it, right?

Forceful Greatsword - not using a GS though. I still trait it because crits generate might.

I do run PhanxStrength because I'm assuming my teammates want me to provide them with might

My old build used to run superior sigil of strength but that got replaced with scholars.

My current build and gear closely matches the metabattle build except I use: mend (physical dmg and condition removal, For Great justice for might/fury, signet of rage for the passive bonus?, and PhalanxStrength)

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Power_Bannerslave_(Fractal)

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

You can run Phalanx Strength if your party lacks might but it's not your sole job to keep up 25 might on the group. Ideally you would have a Druid running Gift of the Land for that.

If you don't have a druid and you are set on keeping 25 stacks of might up as a core warrior you'll have to run GS instead of Mace/Mace with Phalanx Strength. That should be enough, but if it isn't, Superior Rune of Fireworks should give you enough boon duration and extra might application to keep everyone toped off. If you run spellbreaker you could take magebane tether but you'll have to sacrifice either strength or discipline (if you're worried about might upkeep probably drop strength). That'll be a hit to your personal dps but group dps _is_ more important anyways.

I really hate the current banner state of play thats in the game. I refuse to use utility banners due to how boring they are to use.

I'd rather use other utilities like Kick and Frenzy.

Easy way if you are doing that banner thing, run spellbreaker and get the trait that gives you might on every F1/F2 hit, you'll be providing 25 might almost every time you attack.

Dont Forget that the GS trait works on every weapon now, just a 50% chance on crit. (On Dagger this is a huge buff since you can gain so much Might from 1 alone, not to forget the F1 tether.

It's really not the BS core power Warrior's role to provide 25 might anymore. Bring your banners, bring the cc from mace-mace. You'll still provide a bunch of might doing this. If you are in a group that cares about such things, there will be other members of the party that can provide the rest.

I play BS in fractals and this is what helped me. Learn which fights need banners and when to drop them. Pay attention to the banners and make sure to keep them up. Learn which fights need cc and and when they need it. Camp axe-axe unless cc is needed. Practice your positioning and axe-axe rotation so that you can get acceptable DPS. Remember, your primary purpose is banners and cc.