Finally Maxed my core mastery, did not gain any spirit shards...

> @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > > Spirit Shards are useful for a lot of things.

> >

> > Sadly, not so much for casual players like me.

>

> Not with that attitude.

Attitude has nothing to do with it. I'm not even sure why you said that.

As a very casual player, I have really no use for spirit shards. Would love to sell them for gems. So, yeah, for casual players like me these things are not "useful for a lot of things"

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > > > Spirit Shards are useful for a lot of things.

> > >

> > > Sadly, not so much for casual players like me.

> >

> > Not with that attitude.

>

> Attitude has nothing to do with it. I'm not even sure why you said that.

>

> As a very casual player, I have really no use for spirit shards. Would love to sell them for gems. So, yeah, for casual players like me these things are not "useful for a lot of things"

You can easily convert spirit shards into gold which in turn can be converted into gems.

> @"Ol Nik.2518" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > > > > Spirit Shards are useful for a lot of things.

> > > >

> > > > Sadly, not so much for casual players like me.

> > >

> > > Not with that attitude.

> >

> > Attitude has nothing to do with it. I'm not even sure why you said that.

> >

> > As a very casual player, I have really no use for spirit shards. Would love to sell them for gems. So, yeah, for casual players like me these things are not "useful for a lot of things"

>

> You can easily convert spirit shards into gold which in turn can be converted into gems.

"Easily" isn't really the word I'd use. Sure, it's not *hard*, but it's *tedious* for not that great a profit.

Some material conversions are really good baseline trickles of gold if you're not the type of player to actively farm anything, but it's not a big flow of gold!

> @"Recon.8754" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > you will start getting shards AFTER maxing masteries.

> > Now every time Tyria exp bar is full you will get 1 shard

>

> I have a feeling you didn't even click the link and read AnetPauls comment

>

>

> Here's a copy paste for those too lazy to click

>

> "You don't have to worry about this. **XP you get when you have all available mastery XP tracks maxed goes to a hidden XP bar which will give you spirit shards once you've unlocked all the masteries**. This is not well explained, and I actually just found out about it myself yesterday."

> -Anet Paul

Did you read it? See the bolded, it confirms exactly what the poster you quoted says.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Ol Nik.2518" said:

>

> >

> > You can easily convert spirit shards into gold which in turn can be converted into gems.

> See? As a casual player, I didn't know that. :)

>

You can check wiki or gw2efficiency for the easiest and/or most profitable options.

> @"Recon.8754" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Recon.8754" said:

> > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > you will start getting shards AFTER maxing masteries.

> > > > Now every time Tyria exp bar is full you will get 1 shard

> > >

> > > I have a feeling you didn't even click the link and read AnetPauls comment

> >

> > You are not wrong. I didn't. I'm saying what I know from experience of fully unlocked materies player.

>

> Well the reddit post convo with the dev explained that getting XP before you max your mastery isnt a waste of time, because the XP goes to a hidden bar and youll get the Spirit Shards once you max your masteries

>

> So once you max your mastery, you get a backlog of the owed spirit shards.

>

> I just maxed my mastery, I didnt get those owed spirit shards AnetPaul mentioned

I don't know what you're talking about, or trying to explain, but this is not how this works. XP for masteries goes to the mastery you're currently working on. If you max out XP on that mastery, but don't select a new one it then moves to a new one on it's own. When you've completed all possible masteries from a region it converts to the base XP bar which provides one Spirit Shard each time the bar is filled. There should be no expectation of suddenly earning a bunch of spirit shards unless you maxed out masteries xp but never actually finished buying them for an extended period of time. And even then, it wouldn't be a sudden pile of them, you would most likely just get them as you earn them. It also doesn't really announce them, you just have more.,