Game only has audio when headphones are plugged in.

As the title says, my game has zero audio using any other audio device besides my headphones. I have the options in game set to use my speakers, I've checked the volume mixer to make sure GW isnt muted, chrome and other games still get sound, even while guild wars is running and still no sound for GW. I've tried switching audio devices, (using monitor speakers) everything still works except GW.

**Things I've tried so far:**

* Updating graphics drivers.

* Running a repair.

* Using windows troubleshoot to see if it sees anything wrong with my speakers.

* Currently redownloading the game, just got to playable status and still no audio without plugging in my headphones.

I'm stumped please help.

> @"Eli The Bloodedge.3805" said:

> As the title says, my game has zero audio using any other audio device besides my headphones. I have the options in game set to use my speakers, I've checked the volume mixer to make sure GW isnt muted, chrome and other games still get sound, even while guild wars is running and still no sound for GW. I've tried switching audio devices, (using monitor speakers) everything still works except GW.

> **Things I've tried so far:**

> * Updating graphics drivers.

> * Running a repair.

> * Using windows troubleshoot to see if it sees anything wrong with my speakers.

> * Currently redownloading the game, just got to playable status and still no audio without plugging in my headphones.

>

> I'm stumped please help.

>

I also have the same problem as @Eli The Bloodedge.3805. I have also updated my audio driver using the windows troubleshoot and have just recently finished redownloading and updating the game client. However, the problem was not resolved after doing so. Please kindly look into this issue. Thank you GW2 team!

While waiting for support to respond...

> Game only has audio when headphones are plugged in.

90% of the time, this problem is caused with some programs when Windows gets confused about which drivers are supposed to be applied to what. This is complicated by the ungainly way in which Windows has implemented the UI.

There are two places to check:

* The old school control panel for `Sound`

* The new control panel, `App volume and device preferences`

The first allows you to set the default (sound) playback device. The latter allows you to set a different default per application (warning: windows only sometimes remembers these settings after reboot or WinUpdate). It's worth checking the first with or without GW2 running to see what it is and, with GW2 running, what device GW2 thinks it should be using. Either way, also check the second panel.

Some people can figure it out from there, often by trial and error. If not, take some screenshots and post them here and another forum person will likely have an answer.

* Traditional Control Panel: start → `Control Panel` (type that) → `Sound` (search for that) → `Sound Card Settings` (click that)

* GW2: [F11] Options Menu → Sound (third tab) → Audio Device (is it "default" or something else)

* Modern Control Panel: Start → Click on 'Gear' (settings) → `App Volume` (search for that) → `Sound Mixer Options` (choose that)

• 1 month later...

Had the problem last night when I was launching after a time away. Odds are you have an Asus mobo and installed Sonic Sudio as a software. Disable that software and reboot/log off and then back on to Windows. Problem should be solved.