WvW zerg daredevil build questions

Kichma.3187

Hey fellow thiefs.

After playing spvp for couple of months, i just started playing WvW and im having a blast.

Im playing frontline thief stomper, but im not sure about a build.

So im not sure if i should go for critical strikes or acrobatics. Im still fairly new in this, learning to follow the blobs and gain all the buffs and condition removals from it.

How much sustain and survivability do i lose ditching acrobatics, and how much dmg do i gain with crit strikes? Especially since warclaw mount, i find swiftness from dodging in acrobatics kinda unnecesary. Also would i lack dodges too much if id ditch it and would i lack initiative if im not using upper hand? On other note, if i opt for crit strikes, do i need to go for 100% chance? If yes, how much berserker / marauder should i use and which precision/crit chance number should i go for unbuffed?

Also im keeping withdraw heal and ill use second evasive utility skill(is roll for initiative name?). Next to it im divided between shadowstep and signets for might or condition removal. Which 3 would you choose? Im thinking. About using shadowstep and precision/condi removal signet with 3rd dodge roll, untill i learn to stay inside blobs more where ill get more removed conditions, then i could switch to might signet.

Any other suggestion would come nice. And consider your advice with note that im still a bit noobish in zergs, but i manage to survive em nicely and easily for now, tho im using acrobatics and condi removals.

Thanks in advance

Critical strikes isn't much of a damage booster. Its more about improving access to crit chances for certain play styles. In a Zerg environment, its not necessary. Acrobatics on the other hand does a massive amount for increasing your survivability as a Daredevil.

It increases the effectiveness of vigor, so a single bar of dodge takes 5 seconds tk recharge instead of 10.

It provides a skill refresh and something to help stave off sword auto nerfs.

And initiate when successfully evading. 1 per 5 seconds isn't much. But better than nothing...

If you're real confident in you ini management, you can drop trickery to take acrobatics and critical strikes for the critical hit heal.

Critical strikes is good for oneshot builds and for PvE, but little else. You're better off with acro as Leo says, I'd personally try playing something like this;

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAW4al0MhCnYpTw3JQ/ELYFVXAEd5oXGcBdwczX9bPA-jVCDQBfRJoAV/he7PIPdDT4IAAgHAQ3OIAE4CAIRlfBAQAu5NzmtZwNv5Nv5NvZt5Nv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NLFQVKjA-w

Runes are pretty optional, durability is a "safe" choice that also benefits your party by sharing protection when you take damage. Vampirism and Scholar runes are also solid choices, depending on your playstyle and whether you see yourself in the thick of things or on the fringes of the fight. I tend to assume I'll get zero help from my group, so build according to what you find is troubling you.

If conditions are an issue still, consider Antitoxin runes, although honestly they might be overkill. Dodging gives swiftness, Don't Stop removes one of cripple, chill or immobilise when swiftness is applied, and Escapist's Absolution removes a condi when you evade an attack, which you're almost guaranteed to if you're on the frontline. Add to that Antitoxin runes, which clear an additional condi each time a cleanse is applied, and that means you're potentially cleansing one movement impeding condi and 3 others per dodge. Between that, cleansing sigil, Signet of Agility and Shadowstep, that should be all the cleanse you'll ever need.

the heal from crit strikes coupled with the evades and the better positioning gives me way more sustain in the zerg than my scourge has. therefor i play with crit strikes + trickery. acro is just a selfish defense that you dont need (having more defense while your zerg dies around you is of no use). you may use it when your new to zerg fights or if your squad lacks support (or you get a bad subgroup) but else i see little reason to do so.

CS provides much more dmg. Choice between taking half of target hp instead of 1/3 is big and can be good choice. In smaller fights - 10/15 i would take invigorating precision, and with good positioning ur not gonna die.

Acro is safe choice cuz u can spam dodges more often, but trait that gives 2s of evade is kinda meh - if u jump to deep ull die to condis anyway.

Whatever choice u pick, ull die fast if u miss position urself so I would go full Yolo with CS