what are some goals to have in gw2?

coso.9173

Whenever I find myself without any particular goal, I check the achievements panels. Often there's stuff in there I never even noticed, achieves/collections that bring really interesting rewards etc. Another good option is offering guildies help with whatever they're up to, which can be fun.

I would go for the Griffon mount, A full Ascended gear set to get maximum stats (Full attuned/infused if you want the numbers) and an impressive title to put over your Characters head.

If you still have time, consider to go for the legendary item [Aurora](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aurora "Aurora")

Or one of the other legendary items. Please note that Legendaries are very expensive to make, both in time as resources and do not give better stats over Ascended items. Legendaries are mostly for prestige and allow you to easily change stats of the item as often as you like.

Although it sounds corny, something I enjoy once in a while is helping other players; for example, leading a group through the Sharkmaw Caverns, rezzing them if they die at the bottom of the drops in that puzzle, and so on.

I hear ya about legendaries. I'm currently crafting my first one, which will be my only one, just to tell myself that at least I tried it. I find the materials requirements ridiculous and have learned I'd rather craft X number of ascended items than one legendary.

Edited much later to add: Never say never! I've changed my mind about Legendaries -- major attitude adjustment -- and now look at the long-term goals, enjoying the journey.

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> Although it sounds corny, something I enjoy once in a while is helping other players; for example, leading a group through the Sharkmaw Caverns, rezzing them if they die at the bottom of the drops in that puzzle, and so on.

>

> I hear ya about legendaries. I'm currently crafting my first one, which will be my only one, just to tell myself that at least I tried it. I find the materials requirements ridiculous and have learned I'd rather craft X number of ascended items than one legendary.

that's something really nice to do, and i enjoy doing that too. i guess i could also travel around the world for fun and helping others :D