Issue with progress in SAB Master of Coins 2-2

I am either missing something obvious or this achievement is unecessarily hard to finish. I've spent 4 hours on this so far and haven't even finished the race once yet.

It requires you to make the annoyingly long treck to the sixth checkpoint in normal mode, then scout ahead to remove all obstacles, **without dying after the tenth checkpoint (which is easy because the trampolines don't always work)** because if you do you can't go back to the Coin Master NPC, requiring you to repeat everything you did.

Additionally if you die during the coin race after the tenth checkpoint you get teleportet there with the race canceled and no way to reset or run back to the NPC.

Again, am I missing something?

I don't think you're missing anything. The coin race is a new addition this year, and I don't think it saw a lot of play testing. If something like this happens, I generally just restart the zone because the racer is usually near the beginning (?).

If you're quick on the draw you might be able to reset while falling if that's what's causing you to be stuck during the race. You reset by clicking the X above the race event in the story panel and then click on Reset (which has like a 30s timer)

Yes, you are missing something:

Once you start the race, it will reset you back to the starting location in case you die no matter which checkpoints you have unlocked. This is how it works:

- if you collected all coins and want to try again, click the option to reset you back to the starting location of the race in the window that pops up

- if you die and click the reset-option before you get transferred to the last unlocked checkpoint, it will still port you to the last unlocked checkpoint and you wont be transferred to the beginning of the race

- if you die but click nothing in the window (leaving it open), you will get ported to the last unlocked checkpoint. The window-popup of the race will disappear, however it is still active, which means it will port you automatically back to the starting location of the race once the 30s-timer has run out

tldr: if you die, dont click anything in the race-window that pops up. Wait 30 seconds and you will be ported back to the start of the race. To clear the path of the race, just have the race active while doing so you can get ported back to the beginning of the track if you are done or messed up.