Repair didn't work, no other options

Long story short:

Patched the game, ran the game, worked fine, played for a bit, quit. Booted the game an hour later, game was slow at loading assets, stopped responding, crashed, ran the repair, game is still slow at loading, nothing has changed.

Here's what happens when I load into the game: https://imgur.com/a/hMjqwRk

That's all I get, and things get choppy too, I've reinstalled it, and it's exactly the same, so I'm out of options and don't know what to do.

> @"RubberNinja.6470" said:

> Long story short:

>

> Patched the game, ran the game, worked fine, played for a bit, quit. Booted the game an hour later, game was slow at loading assets, stopped responding, crashed, ran the repair, game is still slow at loading, nothing has changed.

>

> Here's what happens when I load into the game: https://imgur.com/a/hMjqwRk

> That's all I get, and things get choppy too, I've reinstalled it, and it's exactly the same, so I'm out of options and don't know what to do.

What are you system specs?

CPU:

GPU:

RAM:

> @"Nokomis.5076" said:

> Looks like only player character textures are loaded. Are you using any kind of shader to work with GW2?

Nope, strictly Vanilla.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> Are you using Windows 10? If so, have you installed DirectX 9.0c and all the latest related files?

>

> Here's a helpful link, see second response: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/windows-10-and-dirextx-90c/b116744d-73da-41e6-97ba-031212bf2606

Yes running Win10, never ever experienced this problem before.

> @"moonstarmac.4603" said:

> What are you system specs?

> CPU:

> GPU:

> RAM:

> OS:

CPU: I7-8700k @ 3.70GHz

GPU: GTX 1070

RAM: 16Gb

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Are you using Windows 10? If so, have you installed DirectX 9.0c and all the latest related files?

> >

> > Here's a helpful link, see second response: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/windows-10-and-dirextx-90c/b116744d-73da-41e6-97ba-031212bf2606

>

> Yes running Win10, never ever experienced this problem before.

And? Did installing the linked DirectX files solve the problem?

having similar issues myself since tuesday 2nd april , what seems to work is letting the game load for some minutes and it seems to be ok for the most part until next log in when its the same again.

what i tried, updated graphic drivers and deleted local.dat neither of which made any difference

Ive seen this come up before about the HDD and windows 10 being at 100% usage, if you literally google, windows 10, 100% cpu, and see if there fixes help with this, i remember someone else posting on reddit about this very same bug, there are so many fixes out there for the different causes you may need to look into some of them to see which one helps you.

> So it turns out to be related to my HDD, whenever I load up a game on the HDD it hits 100% active time and the read/write speed tanks, which explains why everything loads so slowly, I can't really see any cause for this either as I have no idea what started it.

Is GW2 on the same HDD as your OS? If so, open Command Prompt as Administrator and run chkdsk on the HDD the game is on. If it is on a separate drive than the OS, run chkdsk /f /r. Also, if you are running a mechanical HDD, I would highly suggest replacing it with an SSD. Samsung is my preferred vendor the the classic 2.5".

Just started getting a similar issue tonight.. Logged in around 9pm, played till midnight. Logged out but strangely it would not close.

Hard closed it and reopened.. archive repair required.. so did repair and logged in, all appeared fine, no issues.. logged out (fine this time), went to log back in and instantly starts repairing archive again - done this three times now and each time the game runs fine again.

Running on a separate SSD.

Just seems to be stuck in a repair loop that activates instantly on logging in... weird

CHKDSK finds no issues.

EDIT - This is getting seriously annoying now tbh.

Now EVERY single time I log out it goes to archive repair!!!!

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> When I encounter that, I just skip it. Are you able to do so?

It happens when logging out so there is no option to cancel, skip, close.. either I let it run its course again and again or I hard close it by stopping the application in Task Manager or right click close window.

No idea why this is happening and TBH there are only 3 apps on the whole SSD, the others don't suffer, the SSD checks out fine, GW2 actually runs without any problems, but it seems to not be liking it's own data archive of logout now.. did ANET do something last night maybe?

No, no updates Inc .. and guess what.. no issues today either …

As I said the game never had any issues, it was working fine just strange that on logout the repair archive was instantly triggered each time.... at least a dozen times until I just switched off and began counting sheep...anyhow I will put it down to gremlins :)