Overtuned Ranger PoF pet (Gazelle)

Kitten.4162

> @"Rap Tiger.1257" said:

> > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > @"Rap Tiger.1257" said:

> > > The damage of the pet gazelle is good as it has now and there are people using this pet, all the pets are now balanced and each one uses the pet they want.

> >

> > It isn't being used for the damage, which is terrible, it's being used for the mobility and the ability to cc people who are stomping or rezzing.

>

> so let's ask arenanet to give buff to all pets? Because I do not want a pet gazelle taking more damage than the pets I like to use.

I would rather they just move the damage over to the ranger. They've already proven that they can't make pets capable of reliably hitting opponents in PvP, nor survivable in WvW. Why balance ranger damage around something that is mostly or entirely useless in two major areas of the game?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > The damage of the pet gazelle is good as it has now and there are people using this pet, all the pets are now balanced and each one uses the pet they want.

> >

> > The pet does 3k damage every 16 seconds because none of the other skills can hit a moving target. If you do the math, that's a solid 187.5 damage per second. Fantastic.

> >

> > Its not being used because of the damage, it's being used because of Charge in Beastmode for the mobility, that's it. It's garbage otherwise.

>

> Are you feeling bad? And my wyvern using the strongest attack within 25s of cooldown and the second attack that is of 12s takes less damage than the gazelle, the f2 of the gazelle lasts only 20s, of my wyvern lasts 30, the second attack of the gazelle is 8s only, outside the f2 of the wyvern fire that takes a lot in the spinning air.

>

> Still I play with this same pet with smokescale and bristlback or another pet as gazelle being better if I compare the cooldown of skills..

> > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> >

> > It isn't being used for the damage, which is terrible, it's being used for the mobility and the ability to cc people who are stomping or rezzing.

>

> so let's ask arenanet to give buff to all pets? Because I do not want a pet gazelle taking more damage than the pets I like to use.

Did you just make an account to quote me on this topic? Because that's what your account history is pretty much comprised of currently.

I can't really understand what you wrote, but I already addressed you earlier about the Gazelle and I don't feel the need to do so again.

Gazelle is weak. Electric Wyvern is not.

E Wyvern can hit moving targets very reliably with its skills. Gazelle can't hit anything that isn't stationary.

> @Druh.1092 said:

> what i dont get is why its not ok to have a telegraphed ranger pet hit for 18k but it is ok for deadeye to hit for 24k d/p thief to killl people inside stuns on opener???same thing

What I don't get is why people think that it was okay for gazelle to hit for 20k because it required certain build and damage modifiers, but they have a problem with deaths judgment that also requires a certain build and damage modifiers. Without those modifiers gazelle didn't hit very hard...neither does deaths judgment. With the modifiers and specific build both hit hard.

The set up for gazelle is just as easy and a lot quicker. I honestly didn't have a problem with either, but people aren't consistent with their logic across classes.

> @Majirah.5089 said:

> > @Druh.1092 said:

> > what i dont get is why its not ok to have a telegraphed ranger pet hit for 18k but it is ok for deadeye to hit for 24k d/p thief to killl people inside stuns on opener???same thing

>

> What I don't get is why people think that it was okay for gazelle to hit for 20k because it required certain build and damage modifiers, but they have a problem with deaths judgment that also requires a certain build and damage modifiers. Without those modifiers gazelle didn't hit very hard...neither does deaths judgment. With the modifiers and specific build both hit hard.

>

> The set up for gazelle is just as easy and a lot quicker. I honestly didn't have a problem with either, but people aren't consistent with their logic across classes.

If people had complained about a bugged multi hit on Death's Judgement, the bug would have been fixed but the damage would have gone untouched.

In the case of the Gazelle, the bug was fixed and the damage nerfed.

If 20k in a single hit is OP, then why doesn't Anet reduce Death's Judgement damage by 50% as well?

Ohhhhh that's right. They are biased and don't give a shit about gutting rangers repeatedly and giving them an espec that is absolute garbage and full of bugs. Awesome.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @Majirah.5089 said:

> > > @Druh.1092 said:

> > > what i dont get is why its not ok to have a telegraphed ranger pet hit for 18k but it is ok for deadeye to hit for 24k d/p thief to killl people inside stuns on opener???same thing

> >

> > What I don't get is why people think that it was okay for gazelle to hit for 20k because it required certain build and damage modifiers, but they have a problem with deaths judgment that also requires a certain build and damage modifiers. Without those modifiers gazelle didn't hit very hard...neither does deaths judgment. With the modifiers and specific build both hit hard.

> >

> > The set up for gazelle is just as easy and a lot quicker. I honestly didn't have a problem with either, but people aren't consistent with their logic across classes.

>

> If people had complained about a bugged multi hit on Death's Judgement, the bug would have been fixed but the damage would have gone untouched.

>

> In the case of the Gazelle, the bug was fixed and the damage nerfed.

>

> If 20k in a single hit is OP, then why doesn't Anet reduce Death's Judgement damage by 50% as well?

>

> Ohhhhh that's right. They are biased and don't give a kitten about gutting rangers repeatedly and giving them an espec that is absolute garbage and full of bugs. Awesome.

Honestly I don't necessarily disagree. I myself didn't have a problem with gazelle hitting for 20k. The initial hit was not due to a bug. It was due to build and damage modifiers. Just like deaths judgment. I am fine with both of them doing high burst. Others aren't.

The thing that bothers me is that people aren't consistent with their complaints. People can't say something in regards to deaths judgment "no attack should ever hit for over 20k", but then reply in response to gazelle "it requires a certain build and damage modifiers".

I'm not saying you said that, but I swear I've seen some people say that. It's annoying because it isn't consistent. I honestly would have liked them to keep gazelle the same, but I'm not heartbroken about it either. I wouldn't be heart broken if the nerf deaths judgment either. I don't even use rifle because it is overall trash compared to the alternative weapons.

> @Majirah.5089 said:

> > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > @Majirah.5089 said:

> > > > @Druh.1092 said:

> > > > what i dont get is why its not ok to have a telegraphed ranger pet hit for 18k but it is ok for deadeye to hit for 24k d/p thief to killl people inside stuns on opener???same thing

> > >

> > > What I don't get is why people think that it was okay for gazelle to hit for 20k because it required certain build and damage modifiers, but they have a problem with deaths judgment that also requires a certain build and damage modifiers. Without those modifiers gazelle didn't hit very hard...neither does deaths judgment. With the modifiers and specific build both hit hard.

> > >

> > > The set up for gazelle is just as easy and a lot quicker. I honestly didn't have a problem with either, but people aren't consistent with their logic across classes.

> >

> > If people had complained about a bugged multi hit on Death's Judgement, the bug would have been fixed but the damage would have gone untouched.

> >

> > In the case of the Gazelle, the bug was fixed and the damage nerfed.

> >

> > If 20k in a single hit is OP, then why doesn't Anet reduce Death's Judgement damage by 50% as well?

> >

> > Ohhhhh that's right. They are biased and don't give a kitten about gutting rangers repeatedly and giving them an espec that is absolute garbage and full of bugs. Awesome.

>

> Honestly I don't necessarily disagree. I myself didn't have a problem with gazelle hitting for 20k. The initial hit was not due to a bug. It was due to build and damage modifiers. Just like deaths judgment. I am fine with both of them doing high burst. Others aren't.

>

> The thing that bothers me is that people aren't consistent with their complaints. People can't say something in regards to deaths judgment "no attack should ever hit for over 20k", but then reply in response to gazelle "it requires a certain build and damage modifiers".

>

> I'm not saying you said that, but I swear I've seen some people say that. It's annoying because it isn't consistent. I honestly would have liked them to keep gazelle the same, but I'm not heartbroken about it either. I wouldn't be heart broken if the nerf deaths judgment either. I don't even use rifle because it is overall trash compared to the alternative weapons.

>

I am fine with Death's Judgement doing 20k damage if they specced for it. Why shouldn't they?

A build meant for damage should deal high damage.

A build meant to tank, should be able to withstand high damage.

I don't get why people complain about one but not the other either. It makes no sense. Anet always gets trigger happy with rangers though, that's why you don't see any in the competitive scene. In fact, I think there are only a handful of Soulbeasts in the top 250 (and by handful, I mean like 5). Though I do admit, Renegade needs more work than Soulbeast in its current state.

> @Majirah.5089 said:

> > @Druh.1092 said:

> > what i dont get is why its not ok to have a telegraphed ranger pet hit for 18k but it is ok for deadeye to hit for 24k d/p thief to killl people inside stuns on opener???same thing

>

> What I don't get is why people think that it was okay for gazelle to hit for 20k because it required certain build and damage modifiers, but they have a problem with deaths judgment that also requires a certain build and damage modifiers. Without those modifiers gazelle didn't hit very hard...neither does deaths judgment. With the modifiers and specific build both hit hard.

>

> The set up for gazelle is just as easy and a lot quicker. I honestly didn't have a problem with either, but people aren't consistent with their logic across classes.

Because people are bias. It is clear the ones that wanted gazelle over nerfed and not fixed are the people that will consistently cry for nerfs. The ones that try to compromise and give solutions to address the bug issue, while giving the pet reasonable damage are the logical thinkers.

But mirage is perfectly okay with it's constant evades and practically untouchable right? Oh and being able to one-shot someone.

But spellbreaker is okay right?

Scourge is in perfect condition right?

Deadeye /potentially/ having the ability to one-shot a low vitality class like ele is okay right?

These are the same people that are sucking on their thumbs and being happy over the fact these classes are supposely okay, while you have Renegade doing absolutely nothing and these people aren't saying a word. I could list the people out on this thread, but the Boogeyman bot might say I bullying these people that need to get exposed.

Worst part: Anet promised there were going to be no one-shot builds. Well look at that about three classes can CC you faster than you can stunbreak while 100-0'ing you.

People are never consistent with their flawed logic if it doesn't benefit them.

Pretty sure it has to do more with the fact that there's generally a higher chance of being insta-killed on a DE than a ranger, especially one as squishy as that. The setup period is also longer and more prone to fail. The gazelle was investment-heavy, but you were responsible for the kill timing for the most part. DJ is pretty simple to negate (also vulnerable to projectile denial and reflects back to the DE) and is about the only menacing thing on rifle thief.

Not to say the sniper concept isn't stupid; it is.

Just that you could previously build offtank or full tank on a ranger and have the gazelle hit for 20k while that DE is running 1/3 to 1/2 of the health and way less toughness and a lot more counterplay.

Why are they comparing the damage of the gazelle with deadeye? Deadeye I can kill fast and I need to focus on him, since the pet can not focus on the pet to kill because if not the soulbeast give me damage from the other side.

Shadowpass: Wyvern can attack moving targets now, but anet still did not take 10k or 20k on a single damage even with full buff .... so simple, anet can do the same as it did with wyverns and only increase the speed of the gazelle's attack ..

This is the only thing that I can do with this game. I do not need to give a buff for damage, the damage it gives is good too. I only took 5k of damage, 3k of damage in the charge, 2k and little damage in f2, practically without being critical.

• 2 weeks later...