Overtuned Ranger PoF pet (Gazelle)

Kitten.4162

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > I talked to the skills team about this, they are looking at it.

>

> If this pet becomes useless like what you did with Bristleback, I'm going to be extremely upset.

>

> You MUST fix the AI before nerfing because the damage right now is the only thing making the pet _somewhat_ viable.

Honestly, I consider the pet viable simply for using it in Beast Form, given its mobility. But I would love for its damage to be nerfed and the excess moved to the Ranger instead, so that it would actually land on the target reliably.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, the damage is crazy...I was fighting a druid and went full health to dead and had a wtf moment. Checked my log and saw charge for a few 7.9k each. I was rezzing another player the druid had already downed and locked with binding roots. Playing revenant in marauders, with durability runes.

Lol at the rangers saying, learn to dodge while crying about scourges...Learn to stay out of the red.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> I talked to the skills team about this, they are looking at it.

Would you mind asking the skills team to take a look at the rest of Soulbeast as well? Because half of our stuff is bugged right now.

While you're at it... could you please:

1. Revert the change to GS because now its bad again.

2. Fix the SoR bug.

3. Fix the quickness bug on our pets.

4. Fix the range on the Beastmode skills.

5. Make our traits not terrible.

6. Make our utilities not terrible.

7. Make our dagger not terrible.

**Oh, and credit to Sedlina.1097 for this thread:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/5067/soulbeast-list-of-bugged-non-functional-abilities-and-traits**

When you fix all of this shit, then I'll be perfectly fine if you fix the bug on Gazelle. Until then, stop taking away anything good we get until you fix the bad.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> I love how people screech with outrage whenever a ranger pet is actually capable of hurting them. Wait, no I don't because Anet always listens and nerfs our pets into oblivion because people can't be bothered to pay attention to them while fighting. God forbid pets actually _do their jobs_ in battle.

This person gets it. +1

> I love how people screech with outrage whenever a ranger pet is actually capable of hurting them.

>

> No wait, no I don't because Anet always nerfs our pets into oblivion because God forbid they actually _do their jobs_ in battle.

To be fair, there's a difference between the pet doing its job, and the pet doing the job of two other players as well as its own. Rock gazelle charge is legitimately one-shotting people, which needs to be toned down. Now, if it takes an ele from 75% to downed? I'm okay with that level of damage. That's high enough that the pet is still a significant threat, but not so high that the pet is all you (Ranger or target) focus on.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > I talked to the skills team about this, they are looking at it.

>

> If this pet becomes useless like what you did with Bristleback, I'm going to be extremely upset.

>

> You MUST fix the AI before nerfing because the damage right now is the only thing making the pet _somewhat_ viable.

better start getting mad now. they are definitely gonna nerf it before touching AI.

> I love how people screech with outrage whenever a ranger pet is actually capable of hurting them. Wait, no I don't because Anet always listens and nerfs our pets into oblivion because people can't be bothered to pay attention to them while fighting. God forbid pets actually _do their jobs_ in battle.

LOLOLOLOL, to defend this... 28.3K damage with a pet ability!

https://imgur.com/a/ijHHW

Edit: That damage is within 1 tick of Binding roots.

Incredible to see the day where rangers were so used to their pets to do their main damage and crying over a clearly bugged pet that does more than a backstab steal combo.

Same happened with Bristleback and they nerfed it because it was doing crazy damage, smokescale does about 50% damage alone just from AA while the ranger just spam ccs on you.

I miss the pre hot times where you actually had to use your pet to timing your f2 with your dps rotation, fear, immobilize, stun etc.

Now it's spam ccs and let your pet do the damage for you.

Pets are supposed to help the rangers, not to do their job but Anet failed to realize this and look now, players crying over because they will nerf their main damage which comes from a freaking pet.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > I love how people screech with outrage whenever a ranger pet is actually capable of hurting them.

> >

> > No wait, no I don't because Anet always nerfs our pets into oblivion because God forbid they actually _do their jobs_ in battle.

>

> To be fair, there's a difference between the pet doing its job, and the pet doing the job of two other players as well as its own. Rock gazelle charge is legitimately one-shotting people, which needs to be toned down. Now, if it takes an ele from 75% to downed? I'm okay with that level of damage. That's high enough that the pet is still a significant threat, but not so high that the pet is all you (Ranger or target) focus on.

Tell me how to hit all of its skills reliably on a moving target, then I'll be okay. Until then, the pet is bad on its own.

It's like a blind person with a bazooka. It misses 99% of the time, but if you get lucky, someone (a downed player) will take a lot of damage.

> @Kuya.6495 said:

> > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > I talked to the skills team about this, they are looking at it.

> >

> > If this pet becomes useless like what you did with Bristleback, I'm going to be extremely upset.

> >

> > You MUST fix the AI before nerfing because the damage right now is the only thing making the pet _somewhat_ viable.

>

> better start getting mad now. they are definitely gonna nerf it before touching AI.

I'm already mad that they respond to THIS Soulbeast bug thread, out of AAAALLLLLLL the other ones that were made.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > I love how people screech with outrage whenever a ranger pet is actually capable of hurting them.

> > >

> > > No wait, no I don't because Anet always nerfs our pets into oblivion because God forbid they actually _do their jobs_ in battle.

> >

> > To be fair, there's a difference between the pet doing its job, and the pet doing the job of two other players as well as its own. Rock gazelle charge is legitimately one-shotting people, which needs to be toned down. Now, if it takes an ele from 75% to downed? I'm okay with that level of damage. That's high enough that the pet is still a significant threat, but not so high that the pet is all you (Ranger or target) focus on.

>

> Tell me how to hit all of its skills reliably on a moving target, then I'll be okay. Until then, the pet is bad on its own.

>

> It's like a blind person with a bazooka. It misses 99% of the time, but if you get lucky, someone (a downed player) will take a lot of damage.

I never said pets in general didn't need work, just that the damage of *this* pet needs to be toned down.

Pets actually hitting a moving target needs to happen badly. Maybe ANet can do something with them like having the strike range be significantly larger, but the pet will only initiate the skill if within its current listed range.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > I love how people screech with outrage whenever a ranger pet is actually capable of hurting them.

> > > >

> > > > No wait, no I don't because Anet always nerfs our pets into oblivion because God forbid they actually _do their jobs_ in battle.

> > >

> > > To be fair, there's a difference between the pet doing its job, and the pet doing the job of two other players as well as its own. Rock gazelle charge is legitimately one-shotting people, which needs to be toned down. Now, if it takes an ele from 75% to downed? I'm okay with that level of damage. That's high enough that the pet is still a significant threat, but not so high that the pet is all you (Ranger or target) focus on.

> >

> > Tell me how to hit all of its skills reliably on a moving target, then I'll be okay. Until then, the pet is bad on its own.

> >

> > It's like a blind person with a bazooka. It misses 99% of the time, but if you get lucky, someone (a downed player) will take a lot of damage.

>

> I never said pets in general didn't need work, just that the damage of *this* pet needs to be toned down.

>

> Pets actually hitting a moving target needs to happen badly. Maybe ANet can do something with them like having the strike range be significantly larger, but the pet will only initiate the skill if within its current listed range.

Fair enough. This pet doesn't actually do that much damage on a non-downed player unless you spec heavily into pet damage though. Without any modifiers, it only hits for 4k.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

1. The damage on Gazelle **IS NOT** bugged.

2. The damage against downed players **IS** bugged. It functions similar to a necro's Flesh Golem if the target is pinned against a wall and you use its active.

3. Please, do not nerf the damage from its abilities. If anything, fix the interaction against downed players.

4. Asides from this, this pet gives us a "safe stomp" similar to a Daredevil's elite and Scrapper's Function Gyro. If you left this in the game, it would give rangers more group utility, which may benefit us in WvW in the long run.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > I love how people screech with outrage whenever a ranger pet is actually capable of hurting them.

> > > > >

> > > > > No wait, no I don't because Anet always nerfs our pets into oblivion because God forbid they actually _do their jobs_ in battle.

> > > >

> > > > To be fair, there's a difference between the pet doing its job, and the pet doing the job of two other players as well as its own. Rock gazelle charge is legitimately one-shotting people, which needs to be toned down. Now, if it takes an ele from 75% to downed? I'm okay with that level of damage. That's high enough that the pet is still a significant threat, but not so high that the pet is all you (Ranger or target) focus on.

> > >

> > > Tell me how to hit all of its skills reliably on a moving target, then I'll be okay. Until then, the pet is bad on its own.

> > >

> > > It's like a blind person with a bazooka. It misses 99% of the time, but if you get lucky, someone (a downed player) will take a lot of damage.

> >

> > I never said pets in general didn't need work, just that the damage of *this* pet needs to be toned down.

> >

> > Pets actually hitting a moving target needs to happen badly. Maybe ANet can do something with them like having the strike range be significantly larger, but the pet will only initiate the skill if within its current listed range.

>

> Fair enough. This pet doesn't actually do that much damage on a non-downed player unless you spec heavily into pet damage though. Without any modifiers, it only hits for 4k.

>

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

> 1. The damage on Gazelle **IS NOT** bugged.

> 2. The damage against downed players **IS** bugged. It functions similar to a necro's Flesh Golem if the target is pinned against a wall and you use its active.

> 3. Please, do not nerf the damage from its abilities. If anything, fix the interaction against downed players.

> 4. Asides from this, this pet gives us a "safe stomp" similar to a Daredevil's elite and Scrapper's Function Gyro. If you left this in the game, it would give rangers more group utility, which may benefit us in WvW in the long run.

Er, no. I've tested this extensively yesterday, 20k hp guardian, with aegis, downed instantly, only about 20% hp left while downed also.

> @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > > I love how people screech with outrage whenever a ranger pet is actually capable of hurting them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No wait, no I don't because Anet always nerfs our pets into oblivion because God forbid they actually _do their jobs_ in battle.

> > > > >

> > > > > To be fair, there's a difference between the pet doing its job, and the pet doing the job of two other players as well as its own. Rock gazelle charge is legitimately one-shotting people, which needs to be toned down. Now, if it takes an ele from 75% to downed? I'm okay with that level of damage. That's high enough that the pet is still a significant threat, but not so high that the pet is all you (Ranger or target) focus on.

> > > >

> > > > Tell me how to hit all of its skills reliably on a moving target, then I'll be okay. Until then, the pet is bad on its own.

> > > >

> > > > It's like a blind person with a bazooka. It misses 99% of the time, but if you get lucky, someone (a downed player) will take a lot of damage.

> > >

> > > I never said pets in general didn't need work, just that the damage of *this* pet needs to be toned down.

> > >

> > > Pets actually hitting a moving target needs to happen badly. Maybe ANet can do something with them like having the strike range be significantly larger, but the pet will only initiate the skill if within its current listed range.

> >

> > Fair enough. This pet doesn't actually do that much damage on a non-downed player unless you spec heavily into pet damage though. Without any modifiers, it only hits for 4k.

> >

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

> > 1. The damage on Gazelle **IS NOT** bugged.

> > 2. The damage against downed players **IS** bugged. It functions similar to a necro's Flesh Golem if the target is pinned against a wall and you use its active.

> > 3. Please, do not nerf the damage from its abilities. If anything, fix the interaction against downed players.

> > 4. Asides from this, this pet gives us a "safe stomp" similar to a Daredevil's elite and Scrapper's Function Gyro. If you left this in the game, it would give rangers more group utility, which may benefit us in WvW in the long run.

>

> Er, no. I've tested this extensively yesterday, 20k hp guardian, with aegis, downed instantly, only about 20% hp left while downed also.

For clarification, it does NOT hit for 20k on its own. You need to take several traits/utilities for it to hit that hard. It only does a single hit on a standing target. If that target goes down, it will get hit by the rest of the ability.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > > > I love how people screech with outrage whenever a ranger pet is actually capable of hurting them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No wait, no I don't because Anet always nerfs our pets into oblivion because God forbid they actually _do their jobs_ in battle.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To be fair, there's a difference between the pet doing its job, and the pet doing the job of two other players as well as its own. Rock gazelle charge is legitimately one-shotting people, which needs to be toned down. Now, if it takes an ele from 75% to downed? I'm okay with that level of damage. That's high enough that the pet is still a significant threat, but not so high that the pet is all you (Ranger or target) focus on.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tell me how to hit all of its skills reliably on a moving target, then I'll be okay. Until then, the pet is bad on its own.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's like a blind person with a bazooka. It misses 99% of the time, but if you get lucky, someone (a downed player) will take a lot of damage.

> > > >

> > > > I never said pets in general didn't need work, just that the damage of *this* pet needs to be toned down.

> > > >

> > > > Pets actually hitting a moving target needs to happen badly. Maybe ANet can do something with them like having the strike range be significantly larger, but the pet will only initiate the skill if within its current listed range.

> > >

> > > Fair enough. This pet doesn't actually do that much damage on a non-downed player unless you spec heavily into pet damage though. Without any modifiers, it only hits for 4k.

> > >

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

> > > 1. The damage on Gazelle **IS NOT** bugged.

> > > 2. The damage against downed players **IS** bugged. It functions similar to a necro's Flesh Golem if the target is pinned against a wall and you use its active.

> > > 3. Please, do not nerf the damage from its abilities. If anything, fix the interaction against downed players.

> > > 4. Asides from this, this pet gives us a "safe stomp" similar to a Daredevil's elite and Scrapper's Function Gyro. If you left this in the game, it would give rangers more group utility, which may benefit us in WvW in the long run.

> >

> > Er, no. I've tested this extensively yesterday, 20k hp guardian, with aegis, downed instantly, only about 20% hp left while downed also.

>

> For clarification, it does NOT hit for 20k on its own. You need to take several traits/utilities for it to hit that hard. It only does a single hit on a standing target. If that target goes down, it will get hit by the rest of the ability.

Is it unblockable? It tore through the aegis and still downed me.

> @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > > > > I love how people screech with outrage whenever a ranger pet is actually capable of hurting them.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No wait, no I don't because Anet always nerfs our pets into oblivion because God forbid they actually _do their jobs_ in battle.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > To be fair, there's a difference between the pet doing its job, and the pet doing the job of two other players as well as its own. Rock gazelle charge is legitimately one-shotting people, which needs to be toned down. Now, if it takes an ele from 75% to downed? I'm okay with that level of damage. That's high enough that the pet is still a significant threat, but not so high that the pet is all you (Ranger or target) focus on.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tell me how to hit all of its skills reliably on a moving target, then I'll be okay. Until then, the pet is bad on its own.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's like a blind person with a bazooka. It misses 99% of the time, but if you get lucky, someone (a downed player) will take a lot of damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > I never said pets in general didn't need work, just that the damage of *this* pet needs to be toned down.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pets actually hitting a moving target needs to happen badly. Maybe ANet can do something with them like having the strike range be significantly larger, but the pet will only initiate the skill if within its current listed range.

> > > >

> > > > Fair enough. This pet doesn't actually do that much damage on a non-downed player unless you spec heavily into pet damage though. Without any modifiers, it only hits for 4k.

> > > >

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

> > > > 1. The damage on Gazelle **IS NOT** bugged.

> > > > 2. The damage against downed players **IS** bugged. It functions similar to a necro's Flesh Golem if the target is pinned against a wall and you use its active.

> > > > 3. Please, do not nerf the damage from its abilities. If anything, fix the interaction against downed players.

> > > > 4. Asides from this, this pet gives us a "safe stomp" similar to a Daredevil's elite and Scrapper's Function Gyro. If you left this in the game, it would give rangers more group utility, which may benefit us in WvW in the long run.

> > >

> > > Er, no. I've tested this extensively yesterday, 20k hp guardian, with aegis, downed instantly, only about 20% hp left while downed also.

> >

> > For clarification, it does NOT hit for 20k on its own. You need to take several traits/utilities for it to hit that hard. It only does a single hit on a standing target. If that target goes down, it will get hit by the rest of the ability.

>

> Is it unblockable? It tore through the aegis and still downed me.

The only way it is unblockable is if the ranger used Warhorn 5/Clarion Bond. This is what I mean when I say that this ability requires a LOT of setup for it to hit hard. Even then, Tiger's f2 does significant damage as well, and it ALWAYS crits when you take Marksmanship for Remorseless. Not to mention, Tiger's f2 is on a shorter cooldown.

> @Elxdark.9702 said:

> Incredible to see the day where rangers were so used to their pets to do their main damage and crying over a clearly bugged pet that does more than a backstab steal combo.

> Same happened with Bristleback and they nerfed it because it was doing crazy damage, smokescale does about 50% damage alone just from AA while the ranger just spam ccs on you.

>

> I miss the pre hot times where you actually had to use your pet to timing your f2 with your dps rotation, fear, immobilize, stun etc.

> Now it's spam ccs and let your pet do the damage for you.

>

> Pets are supposed to help the rangers, not to do their job but Anet failed to realize this and look now, players crying over because they will nerf their main damage which comes from a freaking pet.

You want to go back to condi spirit builds that bad? Or passive BM builds that bad? Sorry , the skill ceiling on ranger is much much higher than it ever was with those 2 disgusting metas for ranger. Sorry.

Around this time too s/d thief was absolutely and utterly broken, you don't remember that though do you ;)

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> For clarification, it does NOT hit for 20k on its own. You need to take several traits/utilities for it to hit that hard. It only does a single hit on a standing target. If that target goes down, it will get hit by the rest of the ability.

Please explain, I was not downed https://imgur.com/a/ijHHW

So the set up for this 28K is just root?

> @Gahzirra.8639 said:

> > For clarification, it does NOT hit for 20k on its own. You need to take several traits/utilities for it to hit that hard. It only does a single hit on a standing target. If that target goes down, it will get hit by the rest of the ability.

>

> Please explain, I was not downed https://imgur.com/a/ijHHW

>

> So the set up for this 28K is just root?

>

If the initial hit downed you, you'd take 28k total. It does NOT do 28k damage upfront. It's not possible. The multiple hits only occur when it charges against someone in the down state.