[SUGGESTION] Automated community language pack translation service

Knowing how titanic is the task of managing other languages, although the fact that having more languages can bring more people into Guild Wars 2 (in Europe for sure), brought forward an interesting idea:

**INTERFACE**

* sign in with account data or API key

* le the user choose from which to which language he would like to translate

* give the original text and the bubble to write in, to respect the boundaries (or give max number of characters - total and per word)

* it wold be awesome having a word search in GW1 terms if a language is available (to check for names like "Shiverpeak Mountains")

**RULES**

* to translate free content the player must have a lv. 80 character

* to translate an expansion content the player must own it

* a correct translation will give a player a number of gems proportional to its word/characters count

* incorrect translations, if equal to automatic translator output (e.g. google translator), can suspend the user from the service for a given time

* a translation, to be correct, must be precise to the character (right number of spaces, punctation and upper/lower case usage)

* after a certain number of translations is reached (e.g. 1K) the correct translation will be chosen as soon as there are at least a given percentage of identical translations (e.g. 70% of translations of a phrase of a dialog are the same)

* once a translation is deemed as correct it will no longer appear to any of the translators

* once a player submits a translation, it will not be editable or accessible

* once the language pack has enough translated content (e.g. at least 95%) the pack will be published, and lacking content will still be in the main language

**OTHER**

* new releases content should be added with a minimum time margin from the content release (hours or days - spoilers prevention)

* new releases content single translations should be given to players randomly (spoilers prevention)

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I think the ArenaNet resources may be better spent on other GW2 projects. The studio isn't hiring at this time, so there wouldn't be any Devs/Localization Team members to check the dozens/hundreds/thousands of translations.

>

> Maybe someday; though I would be doubtful.

>

> Good luck.

If the rules are set up as described, I think it souldn’t require a doble check …

knowing that this community is healthy for the most part is not enough, but with the reward/penality system in action and the possibility to confront thousand of the same phrase translations automatically, the whole system shouldn’t require any employee to run correctly…

Or am I missing something?