Why i can't run this game at steady 60fps?

My PC: Ryzen 5 2600 (3.8GHz) + 16GB DDR4 2666MHz + GTX 1060 6GB + HDD 1TB 7.2k RPM. My temps are great, i have my CPU with a good cooler (CM Hyper H411R + Artic MX4 thermal paste) and great airflow in my case. My monitor is 1366x768, which is a way less demanding resolution than 1080p. I can play these games at 60fps and with almost all graphical settings at MAX (excluding the super demanding ones like nVIDIA hairworks): Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, The Witcher 3, Monster Hunter World, Assassin's Creed Odissey. I've already set the character model limity and quality to low, set reflections only for terrain and sky, shadows and shaders to medium too. What else do i need to do to run the game at 60fps? Currently is 45-50 and it's terrible. Vsync is off too, altough i don't like it, i can play all those games that i've said with Vsync on without a single dip in the fps. Thanks in advance.

The short answer is that GW2 is not as well optimized for modern hardware as the games you mentioned. Its engine is close to a decade old and Anet used the framework of their much older GW1 engine to create it. Given that fact, it's actually quite impressive they managed to create a game so aesthetically pleasing, that is still one of the best looking mmorpgs around.

Actually 45-50 fps is not bad at all, especially with the visual clutter in meta events or WvW. I've seen more powerful systems than yours struggle, with fps in the 20s or lower in maps like Istan.

To start with, GW2 uses DX9 which puts less pressure on the GPU than DX11 does, secondly the game does a lot of CPU based calculations (characters positions, skills being used..etc) especially in high populated areas. In comparison, the games you mentioned are single player, these put most of the pressure on the GPU rather than the CPU, they're using DX11 as well as modern game engines.

Just to give you a similar story: Crysis 1 is another game which even with today's system's it won't give you excessive (200+ fps), the game wasn't optimized for today's multi CPU's and it's using DX9, in comparison Crysis 3 has better graphics and is able to achieve higher frames despite being more demanding.