Did gift of blood/fangs/etc. used to be made in the Mystic Forge?

I ask because in years past I made 2 legendaries, but in going to craft a gift of fangs today (it has been over 3 years since I last made a legendary, I took a long break from the game), I scoured my characters and don't have the recipes on any of them. I know I didn't delete the character with the recipes, because I've never deleted a character with 400 in a crafting discipline (bar cooking). I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

If you need Gift og Fangs, then most probably you are crafting a Gen2 Legendary Weapon. The Legendaries introduced by HoT. You can buy the recipe for this gift from Miyani. And this is a crafatble item (if you indeed need this for a gen2 Legendary, then you will need also the Gift of Claws / Bones / Scales and the other 4 gifts for theGift of Condensed Magic: Gift of Blood / Totem/ Venom/Dust. You can buy the recipes from Miyani).

As a note, the gifts can be crafted by weapon crafting disciplines (Weaponworking / Artificing / Huntsman). A Cook cannot craft them.

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> It's possible that the legendary you made didn't require the Gift of Fangs. Looks like it's only used for some armor stuff and the Gen 2 Legendary Weapons. If you made a Gen 1 LWeapon, you never needed it.

@"kettering.6823" Palador's reply above seem the most likely. If you've been gone for three years, the only legendaries that required gift of fangs/claws/etc were

* Astralaria

* H.O.P.E.

* Nevermore

* Chuka & Champawat (possibly this hadn't even launched yet)

If you made any of the gen 1 legendaries, you instead made Gift of Might and Gift of Magic in the Mystic Forge, just like you *will* MF your new gifts into Gift of *Condensed* Might (and dito Magic).

Thanks everyone. Had the epiphany last night that I was indeed thinking of something else, as both the legendaries I crafted were gen 1.

@"Cristalyan.5728"

Oh, I didn't mean that I only had characters with 400 cooking. I meant that the only characters I have deleted with a level 400 crafting discipline were those with 400 cooking.