Some Scrapper Ideas

Ghos.1326

This next post is mainly about some changes that Scrapper could possibly see. These ideas touch mostly on the give and take aspect that the trait system should operate on fundamentally. I will touch on a few traits in both the Adept tier and the Master tier. These will also be placed in a "patch notes" style writing, to reflect my thoughts and why I decided to go with the changes that I list here.

Shocking Speed: CURRENTLY - Using a leap or blast finisher inside of a lightning field applies super speed around you. Well abilities have an increased area of effect and grant superspeed on the final pulse of its effect.

NEW: Speedy Well-Being - While under the effect of superspeed, you gain increased damage. Well abilities have their area of effect increased and, depending on the well, increased damage.

My reasons for this trait change is simple: We already have a defensive trait in the form of Recovery Matrix (barrier on heal), and a hybrid offense/defense trait in the form of Perfectly Weighted (hammer skill power increase + stab on dodge). A nice full offensive trait for the Adept tier doesn't exist currently. This is where Speedy Well-Being comes into play. It will have synergy in other areas as I move along.

Rapid Regeneration: CURRENTLY - Regenerate health while affected by swiftness or superspeed.

NEW: Regeneration applied to you heals for 1.5 times the amount, and having swiftness also heals for a small amount.

This change, as well as the change to Shocking Speed, would reflect what I believe a bunker should be: a tanky as balls being, who can't do much damage to you, and who lacks in mobility severely. With all of that defense (needing 3 people invested in you to take you out), I don't feel that they should also be highly mobile (hence the Shocking Speed change). A tank that mobile able to contest nodes in short amounts of time isn't healthy for the game, at all. This change takes out the need for superspeed to heal nice amounts, putting it onto a different boon that has easier access (regeneration).

Mass Momentum: CURRENTLY - 10% of your toughness is converted to power. Gain might while you have stability.

NEW - 10% of your toughness is converted to power. Gain might while you have stability, and gain a burst of superspeed every so often.

This would help the Engineer stay on target for melee pressure while in a bruiser/duelist role, while also having synergy with Speedy Well-Being for added damage. Or, it also has synergy with Perfectly Weighted with more access to stability. The superspeed granted can last for 1s or 2s, and have an ICD of 10s or so.

These are a few changes I thought of today while at work.