Moved to w10 and...

got a little issue.

It seems that when i mass salvage stuff there's a little lag ( not after salvaging 3000+, because of the stacking loot, which only needs to load somewhere else of just relog ), which i didn't have with w7.

Could any1 help me with this in order to solve?

ps: ofc GW2 is still on my ssd.

Any other changes to the system other than moving from W7 to W10? System specs? Whats CPU/GPU/HDD load while salvaging? Is it frame drops or game freeze? If you put the game in window mode do you still have the issue? If so, can you use the system? As in the game "lags", but you can still open other folders/programs/windows etc etc or has everything locked up? Have you installed all new fresh drivers for the HW for W10? How full is the SSD? 120GB is small and SSDs can run into issues and locking up a system when close to full depending on the model and how over provisioned it is, if it is at all.

> @"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

> Any other changes to the system other than moving from W7 to W10? System specs? Whats CPU/GPU/HDD load while salvaging? Is it frame drops or game freeze? If you put the game in window mode do you still have the issue? If so, can you use the system? As in the game "lags", but you can still open other folders/programs/windows etc etc or has everything locked up? Have you installed all new fresh drivers for the HW for W10? How full is the SSD? 120GB is small and SSDs can run into issues and locking up a system when close to full depending on the model and how over provisioned it is, if it is at all.

**Any other changes to the system other than moving from W7 to W10?**

No changes but the OS.

**Whats CPU/GPU/HDD load while salvaging?**

The same. Between 65% and 75%

**If you put the game in window mode do you still have the issue?**

Yes

**As in the game "lags", but you can still open other folders/programs/windows etc etc or has everything locked up? **

Everything is fine

**Have you installed all new fresh drivers for the HW for W10?**

Guess just my gtx 770 drivers.

**How full is the SSD?**

70/111 ( even more free space than before. let's say about 12/15 more gb ).

I upgraded from W7 to Windows 10 on a 2008 PC when they released W10 and even without SSD the game performed much better, talking about going from 10FPS in World bosses to 30FPS. (Overall performance in the machine seemed to improve, not just the game).

So either your SSD got mad at you (there's a limited number of read/write cycles on SSDs after which it starts failing), so use a Disk diagnostics Software (Samsung has a great one) and check the health of your SSD. Otherwise might be that you still have updates to perform like graphics drivers, or even the latest SSD Firmware.

Might also be a perception bias... If you're just updating now, it's probably because you bought into the "Windows 10 is the devil" propaganda, and you're noticing a lag that already existed but you neglected with w7, but now you're attributing to W10.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> I upgraded from W7 to Windows 10 on a 2008 PC when they released W10 and even without SSD the game performed much better, talking about going from 10FPS in World bosses to 30FPS. (Overall performance in the machine seemed to improve, not just the game).

> So either your SSD got mad at you (there's a limited number of read/write cycles on SSDs after which it starts failing), so use a Disk diagnostics Software (Samsung has a great one) and check the health of your SSD. Otherwise might be that you still have updates to perform like graphics drivers, or even the latest SSD Firmware.

>

> Might also be a perception bias... If you're just updating now, it's probably because you bought into the "Windows 10 is the devil" propaganda, and you're noticing a lag that already existed but you neglected with w7, but now you're attributing to W10.

I don't know about my performance, because i mostly played spvp.

I just know for sure about salvaging ( It's not an alterated perception, since I happened to do this infinite times in a row, that's why I am more used at knowing my speed while salvaging than playing ).

Here's a pic after the ssd check.

Could you help explaining me if those values are good/normal or not?

https://imgur.com/vYIsS6G

edit: all drivers are up to date. I also tried a processor check and everything seemed fine

https://imgur.com/hCR5lFR

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > I upgraded from W7 to Windows 10 on a 2008 PC when they released W10 and even without SSD the game performed much better, talking about going from 10FPS in World bosses to 30FPS. (Overall performance in the machine seemed to improve, not just the game).

> > So either your SSD got mad at you (there's a limited number of read/write cycles on SSDs after which it starts failing), so use a Disk diagnostics Software (Samsung has a great one) and check the health of your SSD. Otherwise might be that you still have updates to perform like graphics drivers, or even the latest SSD Firmware.

> >

> > Might also be a perception bias... If you're just updating now, it's probably because you bought into the "Windows 10 is the devil" propaganda, and you're noticing a lag that already existed but you neglected with w7, but now you're attributing to W10.

>

> I don't know about my performance, because i mostly played spvp.

> I just know for sure about salvaging ( It's not an alterated perception, since I happened to do this infinite times in a row, that's why I am more used at knowing my speed while salvaging than playing ).

>

> Here's a pic after the ssd check.

> Could you help explaining me if those values are good/normal or not?

>

>

> https://imgur.com/vYIsS6G

>

> edit: all drivers are up to date. I also tried a processor check and everything seemed fine

>

> https://imgur.com/hCR5lFR

I'm no expert, but i'd say your SSD is getting ready to give up the ghost, that fail on 187 can mean serious issues.

Check this article out:

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2846009/the-5-smart-stats-that-actually-predict-hard-drive-failure.html

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > I upgraded from W7 to Windows 10 on a 2008 PC when they released W10 and even without SSD the game performed much better, talking about going from 10FPS in World bosses to 30FPS. (Overall performance in the machine seemed to improve, not just the game).

> > So either your SSD got mad at you (there's a limited number of read/write cycles on SSDs after which it starts failing), so use a Disk diagnostics Software (Samsung has a great one) and check the health of your SSD. Otherwise might be that you still have updates to perform like graphics drivers, or even the latest SSD Firmware.

> >

> > Might also be a perception bias... If you're just updating now, it's probably because you bought into the "Windows 10 is the devil" propaganda, and you're noticing a lag that already existed but you neglected with w7, but now you're attributing to W10.

>

> I don't know about my performance, because i mostly played spvp.

> I just know for sure about salvaging ( It's not an alterated perception, since I happened to do this infinite times in a row, that's why I am more used at knowing my speed while salvaging than playing ).

>

> Here's a pic after the ssd check.

> Could you help explaining me if those values are good/normal or not?

>

>

> https://imgur.com/vYIsS6G

>

> edit: all drivers are up to date. I also tried a processor check and everything seemed fine

>

> https://imgur.com/hCR5lFR

I'm no expert, but those FAILS on your SSD diagnostics are not a good sign.

ECC errors are actually mentioned [here](https://www.computerworld.com/article/2846009/the-5-smart-stats-that-actually-predict-hard-drive-failure.html "here") as a predictor for drive failure...