How much account value do old players have?

I've been playing for almost 4 years (I'll have my official 4th birthday in game at reset on 15 October, my time) but only recently tapped into gw2efficiency. My total account value has tanked by almost 20K gold since the expansion launched, but I view this like I view the stock market - I'm invested for the long haul.

Right now I'm trying to bank as much gold as I can in anticipation of the griffon mount, and anything else I want to splurge on.

Getting gold in this game is easy. For example, just doing dailies nets 2 gold per day, which is ~730 g per year. Thus, it's easy to reach several hundreds of gold in a year, and up into the thousands of gold within a few years, by barely playing. As Angelica mentions, doing 3 dailes is typically about 15 to 20 minutes of playtime per day.

As for those commenting that their net worth has dropped since PoF, it's happening to everyone and is affecting nearly all assets traded in gold price. There is a huge gold sink (cough, griffon, cough) that is currently pulling massive amounts of gold out of the economy. From simple economics, if there's less gold in an economy chasing the same number or more items, the price of those items must drop. As a result of asset prices dropping, overall player wealth is dropping with it. However, by looking at your ranking, you should see that your relative position to other players isn't changing much if at all. For example, I've actually moved up a percent or two in overall ranking while my overall wealth has dropped by over 10%.

i have around 200g played from the start, but spend about 500g on gems in those years to buy character slots and bank tabs.

account value: 8.6k, 6.4 without gemstore items (bought with ingame gold however)

I've played on and of, and are above 40% of accounts in account ranking (to give you an image of how average my account is)

Playing since day 1. Had a lot, then went into working out 5 legendary weapons for which I purchased the precursor. I am now a bit above 3k. There are 2k I never touched for the case I would decide to go for 1 or 2 more legendary weapon(s), for which I would buy the precursor (after starting the Astralaria a while ago, I decided to give up on collections method and therefore on all legendary having an ascended weapon as precursor). :)

I like to keep about 400g in my account, give or take, so that I have a cushion for starting work on a new legendary or new stat set or whatever for when a new build happens or they change something. I also occasionally do a big hunt around for achievements or want to complete things like skin sets or things, so having that much affords me the luxury of not needing to worry about gold all the time. Right now I'm building back up to that so I can feel better about blowing more than half of it on the griffon soon. It all depends :)

> @Kalendraf.9521 said:

> Getting gold in this game is easy. For example, just doing dailies nets 2 gold per day, which is ~730 g per year. Thus, it's easy to reach several hundreds of gold in a year, and up into the thousands of gold within a few years, by barely playing. As Angelica mentions, doing 3 dailes is typically about 15 to 20 minutes of playtime per day.

>

> As for those commenting that their net worth has dropped since PoF, it's happening to everyone and is affecting nearly all assets traded in gold price. There is a huge gold sink (cough, griffon, cough) that is currently pulling massive amounts of gold out of the economy. From simple economics, if there's less gold in an economy chasing the same number or more items, the price of those items must drop. As a result of asset prices dropping, overall player wealth is dropping with it. However, by looking at your ranking, you should see that your relative position to other players isn't changing much if at all. For example, I've actually moved up a percent or two in overall ranking while my overall wealth has dropped by over 10%.

Very deceptive. That 2g a day more or less only negates in-game costs, such as salvage kits, auction house fees, prices you spend on food, etc.

Old player here - both in real life :) and for playing GW2

Values fluxuate depending on material costs and how much you've invested your gold in it. The efficiency sight says I have just under 100K in value, 25K in liquid gold and I stay around 15K in actual gold. My wife is way past 150K in value 60K in liquid but only keeps about 4K of gold on hand.

The person with the most registered on the sight is just short of 1 million in value and a whole lot of people over 3/4 of a million.

> Very deceptive. That 2g a day more or less only negates in-game costs, such as salvage kits, auction house fees, prices you spend on food, etc.

This may explain why some people have trouble saving gold. Salvage kits are relatively cheap, and you can make mystic kits cheaply to salvage rares or higher. Auction house fees should never be a net loss unless you try to relist at a lower price, and once the item sells, it should more than recoup any short term costs. And there is no need to spend gold on food. I have tons of food/utility items leftover from past holiday events that provide good boosts, and you can obtain many useful ones for a few coppers or silvers from the TP if you need more.

Players that are not able to earn and bank up at least 2 gold per day are either not doing dailies or are wasting their gold buying things they don't need, possibly both.

Even Fashion Wars is an overstatement for this game. You don't need 99.99% of the things in game. Every campaign and story line can be completed with rare level 80 gear (which is raining from the sky in this game). People spend their gold on entertainment. They may later decide they "wish" they had spent it better, but there is no wrong choice, just delayed gratification.

@OP, it really doesn't matter how much other players have banked, it's not a competition. If you are looking for how much the average player earns, that information isn't available to players. There are guides on money-making in game, or which activities are fairly profitable. I would suggest starting there if you are trying to acquire an item or some gold in game.

> @Kalendraf.9521 said:

> > Very deceptive. That 2g a day more or less only negates in-game costs, such as salvage kits, auction house fees, prices you spend on food, etc.

> This may explain why some people have trouble saving gold. Salvage kits are relatively cheap, and you can make mystic kits cheaply to salvage rares or higher. Auction house fees should never be a net loss unless you try to relist at a lower price, and once the item sells, it should more than recoup any short term costs. And there is no need to spend gold on food. I have tons of food/utility items leftover from past holiday events that provide good boosts, and you can obtain many useful ones for a few coppers or silvers from the TP if you need more.

>

> Players that are not able to earn and bank up at least 2 gold per day are either not doing dailies or are wasting their gold buying things they don't need, possibly both.

>

I get hundreds and hundreds of items to salvage every day when I WvW, and I can hardly buy them fast enough. I would say I use ten to fifteen green kits in a day, about 250-375 items salvaged. That's 1g right there. Food is expensive, I don't know what food you're buying for just some coppers. The food I'm buying costs 20 silver a piece, and that's the cheaper option. I could use a cheaper food but then I'm performing less well.

I'm not saying it's really hard to earn gold (although since PoF it has become much much harder). I'm just saying that you can pretty much discount the 2g you get a day.

> @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> I get hundreds and hundreds of items to salvage every day when I WvW, and I can hardly buy them fast enough. I would say I use ten to fifteen green kits in a day, about 250-375 items salvaged. That's 1g right there. Food is expensive, I don't know what food you're buying for just some coppers. The food I'm buying costs 20 silver a piece, and that's the cheaper option. I could use a cheaper food but then I'm performing less well.

>

> I'm not saying it's really hard to earn gold (although since PoF it has become much much harder). I'm just saying that you can pretty much discount the 2g you get a day.

I suspect the example of needing to salvage upwards of 375 items per day is likely not representative of most players. For that level of salvaging, you should really consider getting a Copper Fed Salvage Kit. I bought one a long time ago, and it's the best QoL I've bought in the game by a long shot. I still use mystic kits for rares, and BL salvage kits (free from login rewards) for some exotics, but those barely cost anything in comparison to the mats they yield.

Also, if you're salvaging 250 to 375 items per day, it's a safe bet that you're raking in far more than 2g worth of mats in the process, and selling those mats should more than cover the costs for the salvage kits needed. Meanwhile if a player just did dailies, they can still easily get 2g just from those since selling the extra items or mats they give will more than cover any salvage kit costs that might be needed..

As for food, I usually just use the holiday items which I have stacks and stacks of. Meanwhile, I know there are tons of food items that are priced in the coppers since when I've tried to sell them from my chef crafting that's all they sell for. You don't need to buy top-tier food stuff for it to be effective. There's a lot of mid-tier food and utility items that give useful bonuses, and for players that may be trying to conserve gold, they represent a great value.

> @Valenz.9802 said:

> Hello, I'm a new player. I'm just wondering that people who play since game debuted, How much gold will they have? xD

My account worth has been dropping since PoF release. So far it has dropped 10k gold. https://imgur.com/9gcBzYg

In the 4-5 years of this game, I've probably put down close to 4-5 thousand into the game, I'm sure account worth would be much higher but early days of commanding WvW would cost about 50 a fortnight to supply myself with siege. A lot of that money also went into buying guild halls and upgrading them before they completely wiped out my transactions with the new guild halls at HoT release...

Lesson learnt: don't spend money on things that can be subject to change.

> @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> > @Kalendraf.9521 said:

> > > Very deceptive. That 2g a day more or less only negates in-game costs, such as salvage kits, auction house fees, prices you spend on food, etc.

> > This may explain why some people have trouble saving gold. Salvage kits are relatively cheap, and you can make mystic kits cheaply to salvage rares or higher. Auction house fees should never be a net loss unless you try to relist at a lower price, and once the item sells, it should more than recoup any short term costs. And there is no need to spend gold on food. I have tons of food/utility items leftover from past holiday events that provide good boosts, and you can obtain many useful ones for a few coppers or silvers from the TP if you need more.

> >

> > Players that are not able to earn and bank up at least 2 gold per day are either not doing dailies or are wasting their gold buying things they don't need, possibly both.

> >

>

> I get hundreds and hundreds of items to salvage every day when I WvW, and I can hardly buy them fast enough. I would say I use ten to fifteen green kits in a day, about 250-375 items salvaged. That's 1g right there. Food is expensive, I don't know what food you're buying for just some coppers. The food I'm buying costs 20 silver a piece, and that's the cheaper option. I could use a cheaper food but then I'm performing less well.

>

> I'm not saying it's really hard to earn gold (although since PoF it has become much much harder). I'm just saying that you can pretty much discount the 2g you get a day.

Not wanting to be nitpicky, but you consume salvage kits to salvage items which should net you a higher return in materials than the salvage cost (that said, might I suggest you invesnt in a copper-fed-salvage-o-matic and a shared inventory slot for it? Not only is the per salvage cost cheaper, it's a huge QoL improvement. You may thank me later). Otherwise you are wasting gold on salvage kits.

Running perma food in wvw does cost yes, but you should be making back far more gold while actively playing so this too is a non issue. Especially for the first 2 hours per day where you will likely finish the daily and get 2g on top. Unless you pop 1-2g food ever couple of minutes while sitting afk at spawn that is.

EDIT: just noticed that Kalendraf.9521 beat me to it. To lazy to edit and remove my post so I'll just leave it even if it's essentially a condenced version of what was said.

Higher than 86% of accounts using Gw2 efficiency.

My account value dropped ~10,000g when PoF landed, due to multiple reasons to do with materials and what-not.

It depends on my focus ingame as to how much gold I carry to be honest.

Gold really doesn't mean much though, it's what you have that counts.